Moving from one house to another

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by My_Foots_Asleep420, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Who else absolutely hates moving. Its the worst thing in the world i just can't wait until im in the new place for a little bit then just have the ultimate blessing and fish bowl the absolute fuck out of it

2. I know the feel man. I recently had to move in with my grandma. I'm about to start a new job so I'll be saving as much as I can so I can get my own place.

3. I hate the process of moving such as packing, unloading, and all that stuff. I like the fact that I get to explore and learn about new areas.

4. The process of moving sucks (packing shit up, putting it in Uhaul, unpacking), but actually going to a new place doesnt. Although its nice to post up somewhere and get really cozy.

5. My new crib is so Homie ( pun intended) been here about a month and im really liking it

6. I love moving

7. And what can we do to feel more safe? Do you think about help from locksmith like here?

8. I've moved 3 times in the past 3 years. It's to the point I can have all my belongings in my suv, almost.
    It changed my spending habit haha! I stopped buying useless shit, cause I think now 'do I want to move that later?'.

9. No one hates moving as much as me! Guess what I everyday for work? I move people, business, equitment and such. The first couple months were so hard but now its fine and im starting to enjoy it. Currently hoping to move myself in a few months

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. I've moved twice in the past 8 months lol

11. As a kid I think we moved somthing like 14 times in 18 years, then at uni i moved every year for 4. since i was in a house 2 years, 3 the next and im about 3 and a half into this house- so iv had my share.
    I dont enjoy the process but iv got pretty good at it.
    I also work touring/events which instills a mindset of "whats the most efficent way to tear this shit down, get it in a vehicle to go to the next venue and get it up working again as quickly as possible in the morning"
    A lot of my stuff rather than just being on shelves/book cases is now in boxes/flightcases/other containers on the shelves- when i come to move (or need to take things to shows with me) a large chunk of my shit is already packed.
    I also try to do a sort out of shit I dont need more often now- you get tired of moving things that you realise you havnt actually touched in 3 houses. My other half dosnt think like this, she has a bag of miscelanious shit that was on the bedroom floor 4 houses ago that she promises she will sort out one day so i cant throw away.

12. #12 IfImoffpleasecorrect, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2016
    I moved 5 times this decade I love moving

13. You think thats hard? Try moving your whole race to another planet because the one you have is dying

-Sent from Zeta Reticuli starsystem-

14. I'm in the process of purchasing my 1st house.

Not looking forward to moving 2 mediun sized aquariums, 100 gallon and 120 gallon.

The glass on the 120 gallon weighs 300 lbs alone.

I'm expecting a loss of some fish. As long as my african tiger fish survives, I'm good!