Monas Multi-Strain Autos

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Mona, Aug 28, 2015.

1. #1 Mona, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 29, 2015
    Alright, I currently have four strains going:

1) Short Rider (in 5gal smart pot) is about 2 weeks from harvest. She's not really the focus here but, since I've posted pics of her in other peoples' threads, I thought I'd go ahead and include her.

2) S.O.D.K. (1 gal) is 7 days old.

3) Auto Amnesia (3 gal)is 6 days old.

4) Alien x Triangle (3 gal) just planted last night, so pics will have to wait til she's ready to pose.

Set up:

Living soil: spm, compost, perlite and a host of amendments. This mix cooked while Shorty was a mix of FFOF & HF.

3 Galaxyhydro 300w dimmable panels. I decided more panels of lesser quality is better for my situation than one very small high end light.

Tent is 2.5x2.5x5.0 and currently being occupied by the short rider. The others are currently in temporary veg stations until Shorty is harvested.

I'll post pics soon.

Anyone who wishes to follow along is welcome.
    I doused the SODK, AA and AxT with barley SST. The axt took just a day to surface. ☺

2. Hi Mona!![​IMG]

I popped all my AxT seeds and will follow along with you for the comparative grow. :) what soil recipe are you using? You should go into the Organic Lounge and introduce yourself. you can ask all sorts of questions there because a lot of the folks who hang out on the thread have been growing for many years.

3. Hi lady, Welcome! I will check out the OL, thanks. I've talked with a couple of them and you're right....oh so much knowledge.
    I'll list everything in my mix in next post. So far, it's doing okay. With the prefert stuff, I'd of already seen burn.
    Anyway got some pics.
    Short Rider, SODK (8 days), Auto Amnesia(9 days) and - the real purpose of this journal- the AxT:

Attached Files:

4. I didn't mean to duplicate the last one.

5. I'm trying to decide what to plant when the Short Rider is finished. Should I do another AxT? Maybe a more Sativa strain like Wild Thailand Rider? White cheese or a CBD strain?

6. Your sativa would probably be taller than your indicas so adjusting light would be an issue. You could put them under a seperate light on one side. Finishing times would be different too. I've ran both and figured it out. I like variety.

7. Welcome Looper!

8. Just dropping love Mona

9. Hi Loop. I've tried to make several entries today, only for them to be lost when I hit send.
    Grrrr!

10. Oh no, that's horrid.. I talk so much, it's always seemingly long winded chats on my end,, lol what can I say, I like to talk

11. Your thread is always hopping so keep talking!

12. I miscounted the flowering time on shorty. Her trichs are cloudy so I started the flush and will chop in about a week. She's not been getting a lot in the way of nutes. I'm sure part of that is soil related as she grew in ffof & hf.
    I neglected to flush one of the NL in the last round. The decent yield, beautiful bud tastes horrible and is harsh, harsh, harsh. I won't be skipping that step again!
    Is there anything I can do about it now? Would be just as awful to cook with? Suggestions are welcome.

13. The SODK, Auto Amnesia and AxT are doing great and will go in the tent just as soon as shorty gets chopped.

14. I've found its more about the dry and cure than the color of the pot at harvest. I had a strain that had super green leaves at harvest and wasn't harsh. Organic plants don't need to be flushed. Nitrifying bacteria break down the amount of nitrogen the plant needs because the plant tells the bacteria how much they want to eat. Plants will finish and fade naturally when the plant is ripe for picking just like fruit. The apple ripens, then starts to go past peak harvest where it will fall from the tree so the seeds in the core will reseed the earth. Knowing the difference from under ripe, ripe, and overly ripe comes with practice. I have a hard time with curing my harvest and keeping terpenes/taste. Sucks after you've done all that work.

15. Oh you're right, LLB. I know I rushed everything in that first grow.
    Is there an edible I could bury it in? Or is it gonna make gross anything I'd use it in?

16. Make slutty brownies!!
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441010282.645084.jpg

17. Ohh yeah!! I could surely make a meal outta that!!

18. What's ur dry & cure process?

19. I don't have much luck but I think there's a thread around here people have referred to as a good one. I bet if you ask in The Lounge they can show ya or tell you their process. You would get much better advice that way.