Adventures in organics

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by PineWeasle, Aug 21, 2015.

1. If they ever get out of control you can just bend 'em over[​IMG]

getting nice and baked before watching Kung Fury

2. Some day 40 pics to oogle.
    First we have the NL NL40.jpg
    The NLxJH NLxJH40.jpg
    WW looking super healthy and green WW40.jpg
    PE in a 5gal vegged for 3mo PE405gal.jpg
    PE in 15gal vegged for 6mo PE4015gal.jpg
    and the ZOD now in 3gal nursery pots ZOD40veg.jpg

3. You are keeping them happy. Good biz. :)

4. I have an odd occurance in my grow this cycle. I have two Pineapple express girls, one in a 15 gal and one in a 5 gal. The 5 gal one is a cut from the 15 gal so it should be identical. They were both given the same "feeding" and watering and were put into bloom the same time and have the same soil. Now I am @ day 44 of bloom and the 15 gal PE is starting to get amber trics and should be finished any day now but the PE in the 5 gal is nowhere close, it has maybe one orange hair. Not quite sure what to make of this, Ive never had to bloom PE past 50days[​IMG]

5. No idea. Does the one in the 5 gal look healthy or normal compared to how it has generally looked for you?

6. #126 ladyluckybean, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    My stunted Durban Bubble that had the root issues wouldn't finish when it was freshly TP then set to bloom right away. It buds always looked premature compared to the one that did well. All clones of the same mother.

I'm assuming that your mom had established itself in its large 15 while the clone of the mom may have been TP before bloom and has 1/3 the space. My guess is stunting. Did it stretch normally? That's usually the first clue I've noticed when my plants are going to stunt. The premature flowers is the other sign.

7. thats the odd thing, This crop stayed relatively stress free and has been one of my healthier looking runs. The 5 gal plant had a month or so to establish in the final pot and had the normal stretch in the first 3 weeks. The only thing that may have disturbed it is the 5 gal PE is the plant I always pull out of the room so I can reach everything in back. though that has never bothered any of the girls before. I am pulling the 15 gal PE today, starting to show a lot of amber and cloudy trics, and I will leave the other and see what happens.
    Here is the 5 PE455gal.jpg
    and the 15 pe4515gal2.jpg pe4515gal.jpg

PE45.jpg

8. Hey pine what size is ur tent? I'm bout to order up some 15gals to start some no til pots but idk if 2 would fit in my 3x3? Think Ima do a no til scrog next run

9. My bloom room (more of a closet) is 4 1/2 x 4 1/2 feet. The 15 gal pots I have is 18in wide and I have it on a tray thats 22in. Fitting 2 in a 3x3 would be a bit snug. However My next project is to convert some 20gal rubbermade totes into sips, I can fit 4 totes in easily whereas I would oly be able to fit 3 of the 15 gal airpots

10. Would 10s work for no til?

11. Yeah, I have even heard of people no tilling 3 gal. But the general rule of thumb seems to be 7 gal or larger, otherwise you will be fighting to keep the ideal moisture level in a tiny amount of soil.

12. I got some 7s already do u think bigger is better?

13. Every Time I have stepped up to a larger container I have gotten better results. Not to say you cant get great bud off of 3 and 5 gal containers, I have been doing that for years, but the plant seemed happier and healthier (less stressed) by having plenty of room to stretch her legs. Not to mention less frequent watering. To be honest I have been eyeing the 100 gal planter, a nice "open floorplan".

14. [​IMG]a Pineapple dab to start the day

Sent from my SM-G860P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. In a 3x3 scrog, one 15 gallon would be awesome and much easier than putting multiple plants under a screen. Once you TP into the big container, there's a couple days lag time but after that, they'll grow a lot faster than you're used to.
    10's are okay but the more soil you have underneath the canopy, the more humidity you have and when the plant is thick in a scrog net, that can lead to PM issues if you're going to use a bed like pineweasle is thinking about. The totes idea is awesome. If I was doing that I would not scrog one 3x3 net but would use them perpetually with individual nets. Being able to move plants around makes IPM easier and more effective. My two cents. Maybe that four cents cause there's two of ya. Lol

16. Here are some updated pics all at day 51
    Here is my odd PE PE515gal.jpg
    NL in 10 gal sip NL51.jpg NL51b.jpg
    The NLxJH NLxJH51.jpg
    WW WW51b.jpg
    Then I have 3 Zod Zod51veg.jpg Zod51vegb.jpg I ended up culling one because it just looked like a stick with fan leaves

17. The big PE is all dried, manicured, and jarred up w/ bovedas. Lots of larf on it, should have lollipopped a bit harder. All together I got 146g bud and 104g of hash materials. PEHarvest21016.jpg

18. I think that's really good! I don't mind popcorn since it's made into hash. I do want them big as possible but it's not the end of the world.

19. I did need some more material to press some rosin and make more ticture

20. After debating in my head for a while I decided to re work my lighting a bit. I had an old galaxy 400w and mh bulb so I decided that my electric bill can take another hit and I added it to the bloom room. I now a 600w HPS and 400w mh hanging bare vertical then I have 2 3ft led bars w/ 1/2 red and blue bulbs 1/2 cob cxa bulbs to fill in the sides. I have to say that this new config has almost no shadows or dark spots that I can see and its so F@#*king bright Im still seeing 2 vertical lines. And yes I was wearing my glasses. I will have to watch the heat, temp spiked to 95 after 1hr of the new setup, I cranked up my exhaust fan so we will see where it is at in a bit. I finally feel like a big boy now that I am running 1K hid[​IMG]

Attached Files: