First grow high expectations

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Ant Dog, Aug 21, 2015.

1. So I have decided it's time to start my first grow . I have been researching for well over a month now . I have leaned a lot here and hopefully somebody can learn from my journal as well . Now with said I have plenty more to learn . No substitution for experience . So I have 4 seeds germinating as we speak . 3 channel + from medical seeds and one free special kush . All my seeds were ordered through The Vault if you are not familiar with them I highly suggest you familiarize yourself with them . So I set up my closet to grow in . I have a top shelf for vegetation and the bottom is gonna be for flowering . I plan on using a scrog . Just seems to be the best way to get the most out of my space and lighting . I also plan on taking clones and making my best one into a mother plant . I have few more area I might end up using for keeping mommy plants or for cloning . My plan is very fluid . Just changing all the time . Please feel free to offer any suggestions or advice . It's much appreciated . Thank you and I'll have pics posted soon

• Like Like x 6
  2. Also they are gonna be done in coco/perlite hemp buckets . I'm gonna make individual scrogs for each lady

• Like Like x 5
  3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440114867.429202.jpg pics of my top vegetative shelf ... It's 32 x 23 x 18 inches

• Like Like x 3
  4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440115145.309544.jpg 2 pics of my flowering space . It's 30 x 23 x 65 inches . It's still under construction

• Like Like x 2
  5. So I got my beans 3 days ago . I soaked them in water for 12 hrs .. The special kush sank in about 2 hrs . The 3 channels plus took almost 8 hrs to sink . I took them from the water and put them in rapid rooters . The 3 channel plus roots started coming out the bottom today . I don't see any roots on the special kush yet but I'm sure it's growing

6. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440115495.737560.jpg we got a root !

• Like Like x 4
  7. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440115805.809750.jpg so I put the rapid rooter into their starter homes mixed with perlite and coco

• Like Like x 1
  8. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440115959.162047.jpg both levels

• Like Like x 2
  9. Learn how to paragraph.

• Like Like x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. I plant on starting them under cfl's and switch over to a 400 hps within the first month of growth . Just don't have the money for it quite yet but I will soon . I was layed off from work when I started all of this but I'm back to work now so I'll be able to spend more money on this . Unemployment just wasn't cutting it . I'll post more pics as things develop .

11. sorry I'm trying my best .. I don't internet that well . Honestly I'm not even sure what you mean . I know how paragraphs apply to traditional writing but i don't think that is what you mean

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. I think I know what you mean . I have no idea on how to type in a different format on my cell phone though and that is the only computer I use so it is what it is

• Like Like x 7
  13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440168342.185649.jpg 3 out of my 4 ladies have popped . I'm gonna keep them in a sunny window for a couple days before I put them under lights .

14. I also did a ph test today on my water vs my water with nutes . My water tested at 5.8 as expected . Here's where it gets interesting . The same water tested at 4.1 with half strength nutes . It also tested at 4.1 with full strength nutes . I was thinking the full strength would have a lower ph than the half strength . Any thoughts on this ?

15. The water nutes water tested at 5.1 with a tea spoon of CaMg . I'm gonna use ph up to bring it up to 5.8 .

16. The fertilizer I tested in my water is general organics grow formula . Idk if this will help clarify things . I'm just not understanding why full strength didn't lower my ph anymore than half strength . I function a lot better when I understand rhyme and reason . Gots to be a reason lol

• Like Like x 2
  17. #20 Ant Dog, Aug 21, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2015
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440181967.138525.jpg all 4 ladies have now popped ! ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1440181967.138525.jpg

• Winner Winner x 1