Should we be saving life?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Reo, Aug 18, 2015.

1. The fact your argument is "Americans are fat and eat and use resources" made my sniping quite appropriate. I put just as much effort into my argument as you yours.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ok.

Fat means rich doc, I thought that was obvious?

It's cool though we all get confused. I'm watching a Lemmy film now.

Typed on the bottom of a plump cherub

3. Not my fault poorly worded argument trying to utilize a metaphor for some reason.

Usually fat Americans means we obese.

Good day bruhheim

4. I will add subtitles for you next time

Typed on the bottom of a plump cherub

5. :rolleyes: thank you so much

6. To be fair...fattest nation on Earth

7. Not even close!
    In fact usa isnt even in the top ten.

Kuwait is the fattest

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Scrub that lol
    Seems every list i look at is different!

Sent from my SM-T210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ahh right my bad, us Brits are just as bad now

• Like Like x 1
  10. #30 King Willie, Jan 23, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 24, 2016
    I just saw this news article about this chick, who was at a party wearing a tank top and shorts. It was -5 degrees outside, -30 with windchill. She ended up leaving the party, in her skimpy clothing and dying from freezing to death down the street from the party.

Natural selection at it's finest, were good. The idiots will get rid of themselves.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Our species has always found ways to break past population barriers. (E.g., new farming methods, thinking up ways to use more vertical space, etc.)
    While not everyone contributes the same amount to society, the larger the world population grows, the more likely there are to be geniuses and revolutionaries who greatly benefit all humanity.
    Yes there are also more people who will leach off of others (i.e., they are a net drain on our total resources), but that is the price.
    From an evolutionary standpoint, it is beneficial to the species to have more population, in order to get more of those rare people who can jump humanity forward. They push humanity forward more than the drain of the masses.

12. Yes... However, the mass carnage it would take to reach a global population that can be sustained on earth long term would be enormous. And what's the criteria for who dies and who lives? Just kill all the stupid people, sure. Buts that with complete disregard to those who didn't have the resources to be educated. Plus, street smarts vs. Academic smarts - which one matters the most? Do we kill the misfortunate and call it survival of the fittest? Do we kill the flithy rich and just plain call it fair? I'd like to think I'd be willing to die to make the world a better place.... But not really. The problem will solve itself because eventually we will have sucked the life out of our little blue planet. The extinction of the human race - gosh, that sounds beautiful.

I say don't worry about it too much. Nature is running its course.
    Adopt child, adopt a pet. Donate your time and money to helping those in need. I, personally, can overcome my natural instinct to procreate - because we are already living in a world where many are starving - mentally and physically.

13. to me this is unnecessary

The point of being an advanced species is that we can all enjoy life even if we aren't "fit"

We help eachother out so we can all live and experience the better parts of life

-Yuri

• Like Like x 2
  14. Answer to your question yes. On the other side I think we need to slow down on the reproductive rate at which we are going at otherwise the planet won't be able sustain life at all! Resources will become more in demand and who will get them. Obviously the rich and ween us all into poverty in the end. I don't see the planet sustaining human life in the next 50 years. Action needs to be done fast the agricultural business is destroying the planet trying to feed the 7Billion on earth. On top of demand for electricity and gas the climate will change dramatically and can already see evidence of that! So we all need to be smarter and slow down on reproducing otherwise there will be a world for no one to enjoy. While we have this medicine and save lives I think it would be criminal not to help save lives

15. I know this sounds really fucked up but if the Holocaust never happened just think we would probably have another 1 billion people

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah thinking about this makes me not want to have kids. I don't want them to suffer. But maybe they will figure something out

• Like Like x 1

17. I'm not saying don't have kids. If we all have one kid between each couple. the population will half! We are getting carried away ie. where I live in England the more kids you have the more benefits you get. in Africa no contraception so more kids. The world needs to become smarter. In china in the past you were only allowed one child. (Don't know if the law passed for 2 kids yet} So baby girls were being left at the road side.If we take advantage of this planet we will destroy it. In ratio The planet is 4.6 Billion years old. Put that in the time we have lived on this planet it 46 hours. The industrial period has lasted 5 minutes of this time yet we have killed 50% of wildlife and used 40% of the resources. It can't go on! I wish more people would realise. As for the agricultural business we are severely destroying the planet growing/feeding crops and livestock.It's going to become a serious problem unless we act soon. I'm a chef and can already see the price of proteins increasing. I love to use proteins in the dishes I produce but there has to be a time where we go this aint sustainable anymore. Sorry for the rant but it's only lthe truth

18. human life? I don't think so.

19. I'm a human life :(

• Like Like x 1
  20. It's a case of resources. We'll probably overtake Mars and fuck that place up too.

• Like Like x 1