Oregon legal reacreational northern lights grow first timer.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PNWClosetGrower, Aug 17, 2015.

1. So after some arm twisting (O.K. not really she's a bigger stoner than i am) i convinced my wife to let me get a second grow tent for vegging and maybe dabbling in creating some seeds. Still haven't gotten my order placed yet but i'll be adding another 2x4 400 watt hid tent. So many seeds on the vault it's too damn hard to chose! Thinking when i get the room set back up i will move my thread to a more permanent one for my new perpetual grow or however we decide to do it. This years upgrades are dwarfing my original startup cost, here i expected to not spend much this year not to try to make the room twice as efficient. I had people ask me why i put my grow up on a public forum. Got to say it's pretty much so i can actually share what i'm doing with like minded people who don't know where i live and won't show up in the middle of the night to steal my crops. On top of that it's totally legal here so why the hell not? Looking forward to getting back into my groove.

2. Stoked for you man! I'm gonna continue my breeding project next fall probably so I can't wait to see what you do. My girl gives me shit about being on here too but I say the same thing, and it's far less depressing then Facebook haha. Keep us updated on seeds and new journal link

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

3. Changed my display name, tired of using my gaming handle. lol

4. #424 PNWClosetGrower, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
    I have a plan for my breeding already but it looks like it's going to take years lol. In other news i am in fact doubling my grow space with a ne 4x4 gorilla tent a little bigger than my box with the same 600 watt light setup and getting a medical card witch will bump me to having 6 juveniles and 6 adults. Hoping to have everything setup in a month to a month and a half.

5. Awesome possum! Breeding is some time consuming shit. In gonna start simple and see how many generations it takes to lockdown a trait then possibly get more serious with it

6. Any opinions on these pots? The yellowing at the end of my last grow was clearly root rot starting to take hold there at the end after taking the roots out of the pot and looking it was pretty evident. Thinking these whould help develop a larger root ball, help with the root rot and drain better plus definitely look easier to clean and reuse then fabric pots. Thinking on upgrading to these 5 gallon air pots for the next grow. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017L33NI4?psc=1&...

7. I've seen them, thought about them, but never tried them after I saw the sticker... regular smart pots work pretty good and they are reusable for a few times. Shoot, I've seen enough people here using Wal-Mart bags very successfully! I wouldn't get the fancy pot. Too many other cheaper options...

~GHG~

8. #428 PNWClosetGrower, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2016
    12 bucks a piece isn't really that bad for a plastic 5 gallon pot though, comparatively with the rest of what is on amazon. It looks kind of 50/50 between my nursery containers and the fabric pots.

9. I looked at those when I first started growing. The fabric type pots will do the best when it comes to air pruning IMO, if that's what your going for. I'm curious either way though. I haven't seen many, if any use these in their grow, which is why I'm skeptical of their results.

~GHG~

10. On the bright side if they suck i can always just pick up some fabric pots and start over. I think they're going to work somewhere in between the nursery containers and the fabric bags. Pretty much already have them in my cart on amazon just waiting for my check to get here and everything will be on the way for the next years crops. Now my thing is i need to research how to store seeds since i'm planning on ordering for the whole year.

11. This works for me and most other blades on here

mason jar[​IMG]

Seeds(in original packaging for the Most part)[​IMG]

And silica packs [​IMG]

Keep em in the fridge and tighten the lid as much as humanly possible. [​IMG] the 2 buckets are the same age. The right ones been in storage for 2 years and the left I just got a month ago.

12. #432 PNWClosetGrower, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2016
    OK my minds made up and everything is ordered. looks like i'm going to jump into dwc with 4 new buckets and a new 600 watt gorilla tent. Still going to run a couple soil plants too. Pretty excited to get this back up. Expecting to have at least the soil running in two weeks.

Seed line up this year is.

Regular seeds:
    blueberry
    romulan haze
    deep purple

Feminized seeds:
    pakistan chitral kush
    bubble bomb
    cherry bomb
    thc bomb
    atomic bomb
    pineapple chunk
    afgooey
    o.g. kush
    medusa
    lemon kush headband
    sour diesel
    northern light
    special kush
    white widow x big bud

13. Everything i need to be up and running again should be here within the next 9 days. Starting to get the room cleared out, it's been being used as a storage area for a deceased relatives things. No idea what to do with them but working it out and getting things scrubbed up and disinfected and whatnot in prep for my adventures in dwc. I really enjoyed my first experience dealing with the vault too, i would recommend them to anyone. Jack was super cool with me when i contacted support before i ever even placed an order.

14. [​IMG]

Graduated pipettes

~GHG~

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. #435 PNWClosetGrower, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
    Totally forgot extra droppers too. Tent and buckets came today. Starting to get things setup here pretty soon. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Got the gorilla tent setup, I'm impressed. It's top quality all the way around. I think it took me a good 30 minutes to set it up from the unopened box and it will definitely hold all of my lights and whatnots up.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. Looks good bro. Can't wait to see some plants in it

18. They're starting up a new vault comparative next week, thinking i might go for it, sounds fun.

19. Yeah it's a photo period from mephisto. Yep a photo period. heisenburg special i think it was.

20. #440 PNWClosetGrower, Feb 15, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2016
    New exhaust fans showed up unexpectedly today. The ups guy was nice enough to just set that and 4 other boxes on my door and walk away without even knocking at an apartment building, go ups. . . You dicks. . . Anyway They did get here and wow i'm impressed. I was on a pretty tight budget and just wanted something that worked and isn't going to break in the middle of my first grow with it. Scored these for less than i got my last piece of crap fan for and even though they're rated for a lower cfm than it was they blow harder on low then it did on high. 80 bucks each with a 5 year warranty, i'm willing to give them a shot. Enough is finally here to start working in the grow room, it will be back up by the end of next week. With any luck i should have it ready about when my seeds get here. I guess really the box is back up as of tomorrow. [​IMG] i'm just not starting anything yet.
    [​IMG]