Oregon legal reacreational northern lights grow first timer.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by PNWClosetGrower, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Going to be taking pics every 12 hours or so of birtha to document her death if she dies. Yes, i already know i'm weird. first two taken an hour after the transplant.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Day 14 begins since i stuck them in a cup of water. Woke up this morning eager to check on birtha and see how bad off she was and to my surpris there hasn't been much change. Maybe 16 hours is too early to tell but i'm hopeful she'll make it. The other three all had some awesome growth last night the first tri tip leaves grew out about 30% last night, they seem to be really taking off and loving the new pots. I made the soil a little more airy by adding more perlite than last time and less coco. I've been having a little bit of a over watering problem and thought it would help.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. So this is the food stuffs i was planning to use through this grow, far as my research tells me this is a good setup.
    Fox farms trio
    Cal-mag plus
    unsulfured molasses
    got some microryzal O.k. i can't spell it sue me
    ph adjusters and some rooting hormone for when i transplant.
    Hopefully this will grow a decent plant with soil.

[​IMG]

4. 24 Hours since her roots got broken almost in half, still no ill effects. I'm confused as most of what i read said she would be wilted and dying by now. Birtha is still kickin! They also said it could take three days. Still planning on getting pics roughly every 12 hours so i have a slideshow of her demise if it comes. I expected to at least see her wilting or turning yellow by now but she's just as perky as the others, maybe the rooting hormone is doing it's job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Day 11: Decided i will only be referring to days since the seeds popped from the soil, two days is too much memory lol. The babies seem to be responding well to the lighter soil mix and the food i gave them when i transplanted. Birtha is still alive and a day and a half later she looks slow but still just as good as she did before i broke off her roots. Growth is picking up nicely as more and more leaves pop out. I'm loving watching them grow up for the first time.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Fixed the problem i had with minor light leaks in the room i have my grow box in. My solution was boxes shading the intakes with prefilters on the boxes and on the intakes. The box shades the intake while the dual prefilters block out the wee bit of light that gets into the room. Stuck my nikon in the box rolling video in dark mode and the door to the room open and the nikon didn't pick up even a spec of light. I think i have that problem licked.
    [​IMG]

7. #27 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2015
    Day 12 begins with more relief coming from birtha. She's a trooper and she's obviously just perfectly ok with losing over 1/3 of her roots during transplant. WTF? I thought she was dead for sure. All goes well just wanted to post my daily pics. Going to make a big slide show of the entire plants live weather they make it all the way or not. Keep me from making the same mistakes over i'm hoping. Yeah that bald white dood is me lol. Box got down to 70 last night, not too bad but colder than i wanted. Might be why i have some purple on the stems or it could just be genetics and paranoia on my part. I'm assuming there's no defficiency because otherwise the plants look healthy to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Haha its like where's waldo bit where's bald white dude.

I'm subbed this grow looks awesome. I'm also interested in seeing that deformed plant flower next to the reggies and if itll be a different smoke. How long you gonna veg?

9. Hoping i can get away with 45 days. my box has about 4 and a half maybe 5 foot max of grow height space before i'm afraid the light will start burning them.

10. Day 13 Gave them their first watering since i transplanted, watered untill i started to get a little bit of runoff out the bottom this time. Also gave them a full seedling does of cal-mag. I was planning on giving cal mag with regular waterings and the rest of the nutes with feedings, i don't know if this is a good idea but it's what i went with. My runoff ph'd around 6, i'm using the shitty color coded bottle dropper thingamabobber so it's not as accurate as a pen but it'll do for now as both of my soil ph testers i bought don't fucking work, grrrr. Plants look good but they looked a little thirsty to me this morning. Birtha is darker than the rest of the plants, i don't know if it shows in the pics but she is. Maybe this is the beginning of her demise? I do't know. . . Got my light leaks in the room fixed now i just have to get the heat at night under control, it's been dipping down to 72 in the box at night but it's august and i live ont he coast of oregon so i'm anticipating a good drop in the ambient temp int he room. At night i turn the fan down to 25% about 110 cfm, the box is 96 so roughly once per minute it cycles the air. The problem i'm having is the shitty base board heaters in my apartment are hardly effecient at heating the room whilst i'm pulling 110 cfm out of it so i need to keep the rest of the house at least 72 witch isn't easy with crappy thermostats that don't read right but i will lick this problem soon i'm confident. Any thoughts, anyone see anything wrong with em? All i can see is healthy plants but i'm a noob and i know there is thing an untrained eye can miss. i did notice a couple of very tiny yellow spots on just one leaf on one plant but i think it was just light nutes i got on the leaf, i guess it could have been the need for cal-mag. That's my thoughts on it. soil was dry to my second knuckle before i watered too. Pic is before i watered first thing in the morning. Will be transplanting again probably at about 10 or 12 " in height.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. I'm most definately not an advanced grower but ice spent countless time researching ganja and they looking good. I would think the mutant would start to yellow if it were dying

12. I think i'm going to have to give her away because i started a replacement when i broke those roots and it's growing so fast, it's definately a much stronger seed, it went from dropping it into a cup of water to popping out of the soil and almost an inch tall in 36 hours. birtha took about 4 days. so i'll probably keep the new one and give her away to keep it legal.

13. Right on but dont be mad if your friend pulls a pound off it cuz its crazy mutant genes hahaha

14. #34 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2015
    Getting some yellowing on a few leaves, worried i burned them with the cal-mag watering this morning. the yellowing all showed up since the watering 5 hours ago. Also think i might have seen a single gnat but not sure, might have just bee a little bug that flew in when the door was open. Here's some pics, no idea if i should worry or just stop the nutes for a while. the other factor that might be causing this is low humidity maybe, my box has been around 40% for days now.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Day 14! YAY i made it to the two week mark and at least to my untrained eye aside from some yellowing i'm certain was due to adding cal-mag on BAD advice from the rollitup forum they look great. Gave them a misting this morning even though the soil is still damn from the watering i gave them yesterday because my box humidity is still hovering in the 40's. I got my heat problem at night solved, light solved and i haven't seen any bugs in there since i spoted the little black bug after i watered. Still hoping it was just some random bug that flew in when i opened the door. Still on payday i'm going to go ahead and pick up some diatomaceous earth in case the need arises, It really looked like a fungus gnat but i live in oregon and there is gnats freaking everywhere, we get big bugs here. I noticed some new growth coming from between the nodes in the corners last night as well. Also i was kind of upset to see what happened to sirsmokesalot too just wanted to throw that out there, man that was f'd up. Even my woman said "i would have been killin a bitch!" I hope you can get shit back together sometime man and look forward to following another grow from ya! As usual i got pics of the babies and some close ups of my retarded mutant girl and the yellowing. Still looking good though! Yes the bald white dood is me. /ramble off
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Fantastic man, this is looking great!

17. Nice avatar... Lol

18. #38 PNWClosetGrower, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    Thanks man, thats my grow box lol.

19. #39 MisterShake, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2015
    I actually have an old Cisco Catalyst switch box for a big server rack which I was thinking about making into a grow box, it already has a ton of fans on the side and I could easily make a light inside [​IMG]

it is this casing though, not the small one [​IMG]

Not sure if it would be tall enough though?
    [​IMG]

20. it would maybe be great for a seperated seedling and veg box so you can run a perpetual harvest.