FiveToMidnights FIRST GROW-Coco/Perlite-Northern Lights-MarsHydro 300W LED-2015

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by FiveToMidnight, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Here's some pics so you can see the progress. They look a bit happier than the other day I think, since feeding. Looks like I was starving them lol....WOOPS!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Just wait until the pot feels light. It's amazing how much water is still available . It's called killing with kindness. We fuss to much. Lol... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1441279346.054071.jpg Here is a good chart.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Do NOT FEED ANYMORE... you are burning the life out them plants.
    You shouldn't have any reason to feed your plant anything at all at this stage... Pretty much feeding a 3 month old baby a fucking steak and expecting the baby to cut it, chew it, eat it, and digest it. Not gonna work out well.

BLEED GARNET&GOLD -"-》--;->>

4. I don't mean to question your advice but what is making them grow if they have no nutes?
    Coco is barren of any nutrients so unlike soil has nothing for the plants to eat. How do they grow without food?
    Since feeding they are greener and no longer drooping so it makes me think they were starving.
    I've had several coco growers tell me you need to feed immediately unless the coco was flushed before planting as there will nothing for the plant to eat otherwise.

Have I misunderstood this?

5. The cotyledons should feed your plant up to a week or two if not three... the plant does not need food, not in hydroponics or soil until the cotyledons are dying off. And in one pic, half the leaf is burnt. Just observing and reporting dude.

6. one or two weeks, never got three weeks.

7. I see.
    Yes all the oldest leaves are brown which I was told was due to lack of nutrients. The new leaves were nice and green but slowly started brownig which i was told was due to the new leaves sucking all the nutrients from the older leaves as they were trying to grow.
    When this was happening they were only being watered with no nutes. What do you think caused the browning if they weren't being fed at the time of the problem?

Since starting nutes they have sprung you with about 4 new leaves which are all a bright nice looking green. So this made me think I was on the right diagnosis.

Not arguing with you, just want to explain my train of thought and to better understand what is going on. I'm really trying to learn as much as possible

8. Also, feeding started at day 14 or week two. Is that what you are suggesting is best?

9. Man, I'm not perfect, it's hard to dial in on someone else's grow, my advice to you is if your solving your problem with whatever your doing, keep on doing it...
    If this happened to my plants in my tent it would be nutrient burn. Every experienced grower can read there plants, that's why it can be hard to solve others issues.

10. Its not easy diagnosing something you can't see or be involved with, I completely understand that. Its similar with IT which I work in.
    That's why I often question things and ask for clarification. Its so I can make sure I understand and haven't lead someone down the wrong path of information.

I believe I am solving my problem however it helps to understand the different issues that can look similar to this and not make the same mistakes in the future. Really appreciate your comments :)

11. So its Sunday and I've worked out the basic feeding scbedual to be about every 36 hours. It looks like we're back on the right track as they have grown a lot in the last week and look a lot happier.
    Anyways here are some pics of the current situation. Let me know what you guys think!

1441542045282.jpg

Attached Files:

12. I have noticed a bit of colour change on some of the leaves and I'm wondering if it may be being caused by the nutes being too diluted?

Have a look at these and see what you think. Is that colour normal, especially on the last one?

[​IMG].
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. I didn't had time yet to read the other replies in this topic, so maybe I'm using bs, but:
    Stop giving nutes! Just give them plain water first :)

14. Could you please explain why? What is feeding them if there is no nutes in the coco?
    Most coco growers say you either need to flush the coco with nutes before planting, otherwise feeding just start at first water

15. You need a restart... just flush them, if you have a 1 gallon pot, rinse it with two gallons water, it's the same for every size pot, pot 5 gallons - 10 gallons water.
    Give it a day or two, see if you have improvements. You should... after you wait a couple days, try a SMALL feed of nutrients, if you have any problems, go back to water. This isn't a big issue, your locking out different nutrients by giving it too much...

16. When I first started I only used disitilled water with no nutes but growth was slow and oldest leaves were being sucked dry by the rest of the starving plant.
    Since feeding, everything has improved and growth has increased. I'm pretty sure they'd be dead by now with nothing to eat for three weeks. What do they feed on if only giving water?

17. Hey midnight . How's those baby's coming along?

18. Well thanks mate, check them out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. F&cking sweet Midnight. What you feeding now. ?You letting them dry right out in between feeds?? Watch them go now.well done mate

20. Thanks mate, the damn Peat Pots and the LED were the problem.
    I put them in to normal pots and put them under some CFL's and everything seems ok now.
    I've been waiting 6 days in-between feeds but they are still a bit moist at that point. Still, they seem happy and don't look overwatered so I think its all good.