So i found an EXCeLLENT, cheap soil tester at Walmart for 3.97

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by buckethead129, Aug 17, 2015.

1. #1 buckethead129, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2015
    ok so perusing the garden section at my local walmart I found and interesting next to the hydrometers, set of 4 tubes with a diff. colored capsule in each.. green one measured pH, red measured N, purple measured phosphorus, and blue measured soluble potash (potassium)..
    it was simple, prepare a mug full of 1part soil 5 parts water, mix and let sit for 10 mins... the respective colors will take 5-10 mins to show up, giving you a "color guide" to go by denoting very low, low, med, high, and very high levels.. im currently in id say week 5 or 6 of bloom on a sativa, with a pure indica chugging right along with its 8 inch self. lol its essentially gonna be bloomed from seed.. I tied it down this morn.. perfect size to LST completely horizontal! (and I topped it too ) 3 hours later, main growth was straight again, literally reaching for the sun..[​IMG] but that's another post.. as for the blooming sativa, results showed Nitrogen at medium, and P and K were on the low side, Fox Farms big bloom was what I could get my hands on.. higher P and K levels, only a little N..i know that's not EVERYTHING, but its a good guide! I was going to attempt to use Epsom salts in some type of solution, as its just Mg, but I doubt that's n issue. good news my pH couldn't be better for soil! 6.5 to 7 [​IMG] jus low p and k levels, early enough to supply the nutrients it needs and still flush em when needed.. p.s- on a side note, for certain reasons on Monday mornings, lets just say its the ONLY time someone MAY stumble across her.. so late sunday nights I trek em into my dark downstairs bathroom with an indirect fan, and exhaust fan also going... this should not damage or shock correct? no light what-so-ever, so light leakage is not an issue and the bathroom is not used during those hours obviously... is hasn't seemed to do any negative, However, the first time doing this I jus stuck it in the garage with a fan, and noticed a LIL dried sorta spot on one very un-substantial popcorn bud, seeing as I have it back in indirect light at like noon or 1 pm..(it doesn't get "direct light" until about 2:30pm-3:00pm anyway) , which lasts till (right now) about 8:30ish?.. guess im jus bugging myself out, everything looks fine.. im assuming sometime in September she'll be ready to chop [​IMG] "the journey is better than the destination" [​IMG]
    on a side note, I learned something new this go around.. ( don't ya always??-next time is always gonna be better ! :) ) and that is.... the phrase "12/12" means literally NOTHING for outdoor cultivation.. ime budding begins in august where im at, or really more when the plant senses its time lol..
    "See, that Hydroponic shit? that shits like a CD; Flawless... but this..*points to organic OG Kush in beautiful soil medium* this shit right here? this is Bob Dylan on vinyl"