Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How is thc percent figured?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by tp13610, Aug 12, 2015.

1. probably not the place for this but was wondering where the thc percent comes from? 1 gram? 1oz?

2. The % THC is the same whether it's a gram or an ounce or a pound... that's how "percentages" work. ;)

3. I'm talking when you see a seed strain and it says thc level - 21% what does that mean. 21% of what? A gram? A bowl? I'm probably not making this very clear....hell I'm confusing myself lol

4. Refer to reply #2.

5. 21% means 21% of a hit, 21% of a gram, 21% of an ounce, 21% of a pound, 21% of the weight of the earth. It doesn't matter the amount. Percentages are made precisely so things with different amounts can be compared.

6. Your not getting it.....if an ounce of weed is 20% thc, then one gram of that ounce would also contain 20%. Are you confused or did you mean to ask how they figure out what the percentage is? That's done throuh chromotography lab testing

7. Lol op must have been crazy high x)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah still waiting to hear back haha

9. ratio of "The holistic Content" (The herb) : TO "The Cannabis Body" (Plant shit that makes/gets you HIGH)

Whole Plant - (sticks,stems, seeds) ==! 80% cap, where 20% is that other crap that you don't get high from.

BEST POSSIBLE THC RATIOS start with 2 and are two digits. Not much else can be differed

If they say it starts with 3. they are selling you lies and you like it.

10. I am 100% sure you are pretty stoned.

11. $$$$$$$$$$$420$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Just like 16:9 is widescreem format and 4:3 is standard, THC:CBD means jack and ratio equality stays high in the twenties. Lower than twenty percent THC reported, you have less than top shelf weed. $$$$

12. I've got 33% lab tested a few times

13. Prove it. and repeat the process scientifically to error check your error(s). Carry the 1 too

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. #16 Deleted member 839659, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2015
    I think he's asking how THC is measured

edit:I mean how they measure the percentage of THC in a nug

15. measurements require science. I gave a scientific proof, but you need to know science first. Just believe me, I'm a certified chemist.

16. If I have 100,000,000 ounces of weed, 21% is THC. If I take 1 ounce, it's still 21%.

If you could toke on a joint made from an ounce of weed you'd be fucked. Because 21% of that weed you smoked was THC. A large quantity of THC. But, when you toke on a joint made with .3g then 21% of that weed is THC. It's not a lot, so you won't be as fucked.

Percentages, like ratios and fractions, don't convey the quantity, they are pure numbers.

I'm blazed.

17. let me calculate the odds of being on the tip of the iceberg here.... 420

18. 110100100 time.