Dads first grow in a new room. 2ea 1000hps, 12x12x9 indoor, pro-mixhp zone5a USA

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Dadswieser, Aug 6, 2015.

1. So I guess its time to start the journal on this first time grow. So lets start with the room, its a 12' x 12' ac cooled sealed room with 2ea 1000watt hps 4' sealed hoods. I live in zone 5a USA I will be using pro mix hp in 5 gal smart pots. I will probably use C02 bags till I can get a regulated tank set up.
    I built the room and had a partner set me up with the clones... (bad move on my part but it was part of the deal). what I ended up getting was a bunch of half a$$ed clippings thrown into some rockwool and tossed in the corner of a basement to start. 27 days later I was able to rescue them and bring them home. I have been nursing them for the past week with the temps between 70 - 85 degrees. mid 20s RH.
    Im not sure on the plants as for strain, I just know they are sativa dominate.
    3ea Happy,
    9ea Red Cloud
    (not sure they will all make it to flower)
    Again this is my first grow and a brand new room so if your into a complete front to back learning (for me anyways) journal you might as well sign up now.
    I will get some pics posted up real soon. Any and all advise is welcome Im here to learn and share.
    Thanks all.

2. The room and the girls.

Attached Files:

3. Im currently using a 400watt mh for the babies and 32watt t8s on the wall. 8 inch fan thru the hoods (from out of the room thu to out of room. I have a 40" can filter and second fan to exchange the air and 2ea 4" passive intake holes near the floor.

Attached Files:

4. Also built a clone chamber so next time I can have some healthy starts.

Attached Files:

5. Looking better, got the fresh air filter set up today and the bags ready for up pot.

Attached Files:

6. Pro mix hp.... walmart bags. Don't laugh it works...

Attached Files:

7. So I was told these were not ready for up pot to 5gal bags yet. They were cut from mother july 2nd and set in wet rockwool cubes then neglected till July 27th when I picked them up. They were put in the 4"pots and I have been taking care of them since. Under 400mh and t8s on the walls for the past two weeks. Just been getting ph'd water so far. Any suggestions to make them more comfortable?

Attached Files:

8. Your setup is legit man! Looks great! As far as your plants go, I would think it would help them to be in the WM bags, but I could be wrong. Hopefully someone with more knowledge will chime in. Loving the grow room tho!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    Sub'd

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

9. Thanks man I put my heart into this room, and alot of research and money too. Hope it all pays off.

10. Had to give them a hydrogen peroxide spray for powdery mildew but other than that they are looking better. The room is at about %40 - %60 RH and 68 to 78 temp. Still under 400mh and T8's.

Attached Files:

11. Treating in the shade
    Mildew

Attached Files:

12. Red cloud
    Under 400mh

Attached Files:

13. Red cloud

Attached Files:

14. Fighting their way back

Attached Files:

15. So ready to up pot.... wanna let them stretch their legs.

Attached Files:

16. Hi there, Dadswieser!
    Very nice room you got set up there, man. I hope it brings you many bountiful harvests! I see your plants are starting to come around. However, if all your using is pH'd water, I'd recommend adding some Mykos and Azos (if you're going organic) to that in order to stimulate some healthy root growth. The mychorrhizae will also reduce the shock to the plants when you transplant them into those neat Walmart bags. Good luck with your grow, man. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Drop on by my journal and give me a holler!
    http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/13...

Free the knowledge, free the plant.
    -Sp@rT@Ku$h

17. Hi there, Dadswieser!
    Very nice room you got set up there, man. I hope it brings you many bountiful harvests! I see your plants are starting to come around. However, if all your using is pH'd water, I'd recommend adding some Mykos and Azos (if you're going organic) to that in order to stimulate some healthy root growth. The mychorrhizae will also reduce the shock to the plants when you transplant them into those neat Walmart bags. Good luck with your grow, man. I'm looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I did give a dose of rapid root during one watering and then a light dose of cal mag once during watering as well.

Drop on by my journal and give me a holler!
    http://forum.grassci...-journals/13...

Free the knowledge, free the plant.
    -Sp@rT@Ku$h

18. Sorry for double post, couldn't figure out the quote feature.

19. I was thinking I could set up a 4'x4' tent in the room to house a mother plant and some new clones while I flip the rooms lights.