Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Stems? What can I do with them

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by IshyaBoyRob, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Coffee grinder, grind them to a powder like kief, and top your bowls with it. Not as strong as keif but it gives u a small extra kick. Probably just my imagination but I find it kinda fun

2. When I run out of bud I'll usually collect up all my stems from various containers. I make a point to leave a little bit of weed on each stem just so I have some backup bud if I run out. As for the raw stems, I'll usually smoke them when I dry. They seem to have some THC, etc left clinging to them so that's a plus but they are mostly used a holder for all the keif I scrape from my grinder and jars when I'm dry.

3. Could give a placebo effect, but unless you're very sensitive it won't do much of anything. I've heard the headache thing too but haven't smoked stems (resin is a last resort, stems I won't bother with).

4. What I usually do is save the stems and use them as screens for when I scrape my bowl and smoke the resin (yes I smoke resin. I'm from Ohio and unfortunately we're not as blessed as you West Coast mfs.)

5. Resin is way better than stems imo

6. This. Me and my buddies saved up a shit ton of big stems (you really do need a lot) and made tea out of it. Nice, smooth, relaxing high. I HIGHLY recommend it. [​IMG]

7. Take all your stems and chop them up into pieces. Lightly boil them in a pot with milk for 2-3 minutes. Put a coffee filter over a cup and poor the milk/stems into the cup (the filter removes the stems from the milk). Feel free to repeat to get as much thc out of them as you can (I wouldn't do it more than twice since stems have a low amount of thc in them). Like a previous poster said, the thc needs fat to bond with, so milk is necessary. Then simply drink the milk or mix it with hot chocolate powder (I use whey protein for mine). I did this with all of my stems and got a decent edible high for about 2 -3 hours.

8. How much stems are needed for tea? 5g's?

9. #29 Dancing Nancy, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
    I have a friend that chews on them and swears its gives him a buzz. Never tried it, we just call him a fucking idiot.

10. #30 gorilla grower, Aug 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2015
    I would too, the thc wouldn't be active so wouldn't be absorbed, any thc on the stems would be swallowed and shit out the next day or the day after depending on your metabolism