Purple trichomes mystery

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by kyla420, Jul 23, 2015.

1. A funny thing happened to me. I've been growing the the same genetics for 4 plant cycles. I started with a bag seed and made a clone off of her and brought her to harvest. Then I made a clone off that clone and did the same again and again. Before harvest I always check the trichomes and this clone of a clone of a clone now has purple trichomes when none of the others ever had any purple. Has this happened to anyone? Anyone seen purple trichomes before? Genetic drift? ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437604557.760660.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437604577.320659.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1437604599.214763.jpg

2. I unno but awesome

3. did you change lights or are the purple ones in sunlight? a guy I know runs this one strain and he grew it outdoors the first time and got purple trichs.

4. during the grow before this one I switched from 490(actual)watts cfl to 2-300w galaxyhydro LEDs but the last plant did not have any purple trichomes, just this one. They never get any natural sunlight. Does anyone know If purple trichomes effect potency?

5. Has anyone else seen purple trichomes?

6. Bro that is epic!!

7. Is it a purp strain. Thinkin the lens picked up the color through the trich

8. I suppose but this is the fourth clone from the original plant and none of the others had any purple. also you can see that only the trichomes are purple,not the plant they're on. I'm excited to see what the end result will be at harvest!

9. Thats amazing. Never seen before but I suspect DANK!

10. If this keeps happening, you must call it Grimace or some cool name that relates to purple. If it kills a guy, call it Ray Lewis.