How to make an inexpensive Watering and Flush tray / Drip pan

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by Pro Cure, Jul 15, 2015.

1. I looked around a bit to see if anyone else has posted this Idea. I did not find anything, but so many topics,
    So, Please forgive me if youve seen this idea posted somewhere else here already.
    Ok, I was using those tinfoil throw away foil roasting pans for a catch pan till now.
    They worked ok.
    I had to put a spacer between the foil pan and my buckets to have draining space.
    To flush my plants, eitheer before or after flushing I had to take the plants out of the cabiniet to get
    All the water sucked up and the buckets still want to drip for awhile after Flushing. This was becoming a PIA.
    I dont know if the plants were enjoying the little ride in and out of the cabinet or not, but now, at going on three feet tall.
    (4 feet tall if you include bucket height), chance of whacking something or damaging the plant comes to mind.
    So heres what I did. quite simple and reasonably inexpensive.
    I bought oversize plastic paint rolling trays and screwed some slats across them to hold my bucket.
    Pretty simple. You could also use a standard size plastic paint tray for this as I went a little "Big"
    I used some acetal plastic for my slats, but any other material thats strong enough to hold up the weight of the
    Bucket/Growing medium/water and plant will suffice. When you flush, all the water will go to the front and just wet vac it up.
    No standing water to give you "Humidity ao mold" nightmares.
    Note, If you use wood for your slats it would be a good Idea to oil them up or coat them so they dont hold moisture.
    This will also shorten your grow cabinet height a couple inches, but not a big deal for me.
    The build is self explanitory. just look at the pictures.
    Peace!

Attached Files:

2. That with a shop vac would be a nice setup, great idea

3. I just elevate mine out of the $ store circle catch trays and know how much water my plants hold (1.25 gal. for my 5 gallon pots) so i get run off but not enough to worry about taking it out of the trays...

I like this idea if your someone new to there grow setup and dosnt know how much water they need to use to fully water their plants.