I need help building a very small (and cheap) area to grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GrowingNewb, Jul 12, 2015.

1. #1 GrowingNewb, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2015
    i dont have much room at all to grow in which is fine with me because I don't plan to grow much at all, probably one (feminised) plant at a time because I only smoke when the pain gets really bad. All the videos ive seen are based off 4-16 plants and I don't have NEARLY that much room to work with.

Basically, how can I build the smallest and cheapest room possible?

EDIT: Ok so I just typed up this massive fucking post of all my ideas and the site decided to do nothing with it except erase it before it could post so Im going to try this again with the much shorter fucking version.

It just ocured to me that my idea for building a small personal paint booth is prety much the exact same thing as a grow room with a few minor differences, what do you think of this?

PVC pipe for frame, thick black plastic wrap similar to the stuff used in flower beds to stop everything else from growing as walls, floor, and ceiling. Large piece of that as door flap with magnets or velcro on the end that opens and the frame it would connect to. Extra piece on very bottom of door to help make light proof. Hole cut at bottom of wall, flexible air duct tubing goes through and connect to fan on outside of room. Same setup hanging from ceiling sucking air out at top. Will try making carbon filter because premade ones are too much, can't afford $150 for one piece of this room. One problem, how big do I make it?

Lights hang from ceiling. Fluorescent first. How many? What watts? HPS during flowering. Found a 400w bulb for $15. Right price? Do I need more than one? Will the two lights interchange between the same socket or will I need something special for the HPS?

2. Also I was thinking of using Special Kush #1 Feminised Seeds for my first attempt since the price is just under $10 for 3 seeds at seedsman and Im sure I will make a couple mistakes. Sound good?

3. #3 12valve, Jul 12, 2015
    The bulbs don't cost much for HPS/MH, but you need the ballast to power them safely so that's where your money tends to drain.

You can buy a ballast that supports both HPS for flower, and MH for vegetation, combining the price into one ballast.

4. This is why I ask questions, I didnt see anything about a ballast in the three guides I read lol. What do you mean ballast and what sort?

5. look up your local hydroponics grow store and see what lights with ballast they have there, my local one had a ballast with the ducting and air cooled 400w for like 150$ I think.

6. #6 GrowingNewb, Jul 12, 2015
    If google and yellowpages are correct the nearest one is about 2 hours away and my car is broken

7. well then just use the internet lol and look up cheap grow lights

8. #8 GrowingNewb, Jul 12, 2015
    This one looks promising, even comes with a few other things I'd need. How does this look?

9. Mate just grow with cfls or led so cheap ad the results are great I'd recommend white diesel haze fem really big yeild easy enough to grow get a 125w dual spektrum cfl

Attached Files:

10. Heres a cheap hps/mh ballast kit works great I have 3. One 400 watt mh for veg and two 400 watt hps for flow.

Attached Files:

11. Btw that pic is a kit that comes with 2 hps bulbs you can mix and match bulbs or get only one bulb or no bulbs. Price fluctuates depending on what you choose.

12. That is the exact same kit I showed you on eBay except its about $20 cheaper from ebay.

13. You use that even through the flowering stage? Wouldn't I still need a ballast to keep it safe?

14. No comes with a built in ballast mate 1p per hour on electricity so cheap too and yeah a dual spectrum is for beg and flower mate

15. #15 GrowingNewb, Jul 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
    sounds good I'll have to try that for awhile. How many do you recommend for just one plant in a small grow "room"?

16. 125 w dual or x4 45w cfl I use a mixture of both for these

Attached Files:

17. Nice looking plant man. Thanks for the advice I'll stick with the dual bulb. Any advice on the size of the room I mentioned building?

18. Hey look up cardboard box grow. I'm on my first grow, about 6 weeks into flower. I went really budget with cfl and top soil/perlite medium. I get all the boxes I want from work free but if you can, I think a closet box from like uhaul would be the best. Just cut open a door and run vents for air and lights, violla...

19. uploadfromtaptalk1436810661576.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1436810714312.jpg This is bag seed man.