Religion is a big fat JOKE

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Willow1138, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. He DEFINITELY encouraged warfare for his tribes. Please read the OT. And we already went over rape and slavery, which he also condoned. Just nice slavery though. Which is good because God is just. Slaves deserve to be treated nice, just not feed, unless you were his chosen people.

You're a devout Christian you should understand the bible and be smarter than an apostate like me.

2. The fact that God loves only his chosen ones really makes me doubt your theory of how God will show himself to people who live in underdeveloped countries. Unless you're willing to concede that the Bible is not 100% true, then I could agree with you there.

But given the fact the Bible has to be the absolute truth, I still contend jaweh is a cruel and punishing God.

3. he didnt condone it, i quoted many versus that said to free slaves, and the versus you brought up, the one that talks about treating your slave nice and then letting it go after 6-7 yrs isnt condoning it, and you have to understand that in that time period slavery was VERY PROMINENT. The Bible was setting up stepping stones to get rid of slavery and if you read my other posts you'd see that it says to free all slaves. Plus that verse that talks about treating slaves is like 100 billion times nicer than anyone else would have treated a slave, not to mention later it says to free all slaves.

At that time they couldnt just free all slaves, remember this was way back in in Egyptian times the world was so much different than it was today.

your just not listening to me and just want to believe the Bible is evil and wrong.

which verse encourages warfare against tribes?

4. you know tribes are also parables/metaphors in the bible?

5. now you are reaching and making things up

How can you claim the Bible was building up stepping stones? Wtf?

-Yuri

6. you cant think of anything else better to argue with me so this is what you come up with? wow thats sad my friend, i wish you luck in finding God, ill pray for you.

as well as real physical tribes

7. I never said the Bible was evil. The only claim I made is it is not entirely factual and I am attempting to make you realize that. Plenty of people with faith accept that fact too, including those who intently study the scripture such as Theologians and priests.

And if jaweh wanted to free the slaves, he could have, and he did for his own people. But yet said it's okay to keep slaves of their own, treat them kindly and let them go after 6 years.? Cmon now. If he didn't allow it, he would have told his people to let them go, just as Moses' brother Aaron announced "let my people go".

And the old testament is heavily centered on tribal warfare and the expansion of the nation of Israel. And no, it's not metaphor, it's Jewish history.

8. You can be LGBT and be a christian.

9. Can we just agree to disagree? I really don't want to have to read 15 pages back. Nor do I want to close this thread. Everyone please take a deep breath.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.