Religion is a big fat JOKE

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Willow1138, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #21 F4TbluNTZ420, Jul 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2015
    No. EVERY religion in the world is a joke, a tumor that needs to be removed, a cancer to humanity.
    If religion never existed:
    1) Countless people wouldn't have pointlessly died for a nonexistent god.
    2) Weed, gay marriage and other stuff would have been legalized a long time ago.
    3) Since people wouldn't waste time praying, killing in the name of god, doing ANYTHING religion related, our technology would be much more advanced, to the point where aids and ebola would be nothing more than a fever.
    If you believe a god exists, that's okay. If you partecipate in religious activities, you should be ashamed of yourself. Period.

2. I participate in peyote ceremonies with my relatives that belong to the NAC. I attend healing ceremonies. I have been the recipient of an enemy way ceremony performed by my relatives. Should I be ashamed?

3. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1436486222.556520.jpg

4. So basically you started this thread with no interest in dialogue. It's just another generic religion bashing thread. Boring and tired.

5. I don't take offense to comments made in ignorance so I love you despite all the ugly stuff you say about my brothers and sisters in Christ and the God that I love with all my heart. The Bible was given as a whole and if you had any remote idea what you were talking about, you would understand that what is written in the Old Testiment is a prophecy or foretelling of what is to come in the New Testament...the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the son of God. You obviously are very confused and have been led down the wrong road and greatly misinformed. It is this Christian love that I have in my heart that causes me to care for your misguided self.
    You go ahead and make a mockery of Jesus Christ now my friend. There is coming a day when you will very clearly remember this post and probably a lot of other things that have come out of your mouth and mind....and regret it. I would hope that you use the intelligence that God gave you and do some serious open-minded research so you can speak intelligently and rationally about the one who made YOUR life possible to begin with. God help you and all the others who feel the way you do. Considering the alternative, if I thought there was even a REMOTE chance that I could be wrong, I would seriously try to discover the truth before my chances are gone. When you reach the bottom....and you will...call out for Jesus. He's ALWAYS right there reaching out for you! The ONLY true religion is Christianity and I seriously hope you find it before He calls your number and your time is up. I would be VERY careful spouting off the way you are. It could come back to bite you in the buttola!!
    I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR SOUL!
    TWW

6. #27 -13 Amp-, Jul 10, 2015
    <blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' >class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="The Widow White" data-cid="21830207" data-time="1436490454">I don't take offense to comments made in ignorance so I love you despite all the ugly stuff you say about my brothers and sisters in Christ and the God that I love with all my heart. The Bible was given as a whole and if you had any remote idea what you were talking about, you would understand that what is written in the Old Testiment is a prophecy or foretelling of what is to come in the New Testament...the birth, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ, the son of God. You obviously are very confused and have been led down the wrong road and greatly misinformed. It is this Christian love that I have in my heart that causes me to care for your misguided self.

You go ahead and make a mockery of Jesus Christ now my friend. There is coming a day when you will very clearly remember this post and probably a lot of other things that have come out of your mouth and mind....and regret it. I would hope that you use the intelligence that God gave you and do some serious open-minded research so you can speak intelligently and rationally about the one who made YOUR life possible to begin with. God help you and all the others who feel the way you do. Considering the alternative, if I thought there was even a REMOTE chance that I could be wrong, I would seriously try to discover the truth before my chances are gone. When you reach the bottom....and you will...call out for Jesus. He's ALWAYS right there reaching out for you! The ONLY true religion is Christianity and I seriously hope you find it before He calls your number and your time is up. I would be VERY careful spouting off the way you are. It could come back to bite you in the buttola!!

I WILL PRAY FOR YOUR SOUL!

TWW
    </blockquote>

There it is, the "you're going to hell" post...

Nothing says love like fear mongering

God loves you so much he created hell just incase you don't love him back...

7. Her reward will be great in heaven for that post. Thank you saint widow white.

Lead us all into the arms of our Lord!

Hahaha lolz

8. Lmao you beat me to it.

9. noigiler is religion spelled backwards in case you're ever asked

10. #31 roorforcrumble, Jul 10, 2015
    Religion is holding your pretty little world together. If the world worked how you all desire it would just be based on sheer nationalism and human greed. Religion's existence has nothing to do with how shitty most people are in terms of greed, and the generally self-involved(self interest) personality that is human nature.

Why would religion's disappearance have any effect on the overall will of the person to do good?

11. #32 Vicious, Jul 10, 2015
    My privileged first world child, yes they do. In some parts of the world getting you hand cut off is better than lawless "mob justice" where you're gutted and left bleeding on the street at best, more often than not beaten to pulp, wrapped by tire then lit on fire.

With all your criticism of Christianity and Catholicism, what do you think about Islam, Sharai Law, FGM, Acid Baths?

12. You all fail to remember that I'm only talking about the die hard bible thumping Christians and Catholics in westernized North America. If you would all kindly pull your heads out of your asses and broaden your horizons then maybe you'll stop misconstruing my words and making assumptions :)
    Arguing with people like you isn't really worth my time but after reading the same thing over and over again from you people, I figured it wouldn't hurt to remind you of what my post was originally about.

13. It's pretty clear that she's talking about something specific here. They don't cut the hands off of Christians in third world countries either.

14. As an atheist I find this argumentative attitude hilarious.
    And it's so common to this forum with newbz.

I guess I'm just worn on it.
    Don't disagree just over it.

How old are you and what's your profession?

Oh yeah...

15. How the fuck can you tell me to broaden our horizon when you're literally telling us we can only talk about the shit you set up in your damage control parameter? Your title was "Religion is a joke", don't slide it to your convenience. My head is nowhere near my ass in asking you what you think about Islam but your head is obviously in the sand.

So, I'll extend my question one more time to see if you're actually up for debate as you tagged or you simply want to take pot shots at Christianity and post memes.

iirc the Pope said he couldn't pass judgement on gay people and with the recent supreme court ruling, you're complaints about religion in the west are juvenile when people are still being lynched for accusation of homosexuality alone. You talk about divorce but say nothing about women being stoned to death for less.

16. I don't mean to sound offensive but your ceremonies are just huge stoner parties to me, i would gladly partecipate

17. I would argue that if Christians actually followed the teachings of Christ, our civilization would be remarkably advanced. Christ laid down his commandment - Love one another, as I have loved you. How did Christ love? Unconditionally, without prejudice. I consider myself a Christian, and live and let live is how I try to lead my life. We are all the same, and we're all in this together; life would be so much less a hassle if people accepted one another for who they are, and respected their conditions, decisions, and overall their status as a sovereign human being. Believe me, that's hard enough -I want to bust some heads from time to time; mostly modern "Christians".

But aside from being an interesting bit of human history, the Old Testament is pretty much just good for rolling papers. I also have some pretty severe doubts about a good chunk of the New Testament books that seem rather tacked-on. I mean, c'mon, Revelations was just a heavy psychedelics trip by John the Revelator who was pissed at the Roman Empire. So... I pretty much just look at the teachings of Christ.

I see a bunch of whiney "Christians" all the time on my fb feed pitching a bitch fit because the world isn't going along with their selfish little way, crying 'I wish Jesus would hurry up and come back'. Well you know what? Me too. If for nothing else just to see the look on your face when you realize how pissed He is for perverting His teachings. So, love one another, you dumb fucks. It's really that simple.

18. If YOU started a Christian church, I would attend.

Ladies and gentleman, this is one of the few people that know how to have a faith.

19. who's laughing, then?

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.