Religion is a big fat JOKE

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Willow1138, Jul 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Willow1138, Jul 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2015
    Before I even say anything, I would like to clarify that when I say religion is a joke I don't mean every religion.
    No, I'm pointing at you Bible thumping, die hard Christians and Catholics.
    ... And before YOU say anything, I was baptised Catholic at Birth, as well as attended a Catholic school for 14 and a half years.
    As I was saying, Religion is a joke and you Christians and Catholics are the ones who have made a mockery of it. You have the nerve to quote the Bible on anything that inconveniences you, yet at the same time disregard everything else it has to teach. You can't have it both ways people; it's black and white. You're either in or you're out, there is no grey area.
    Firstly, if you happen to still be a follower of the Old Testament, I just have to say: get with the times. We're no longer in the stone ages; humans have become 'somewhat' civilized now. Secondly, if you have joined the rest of the sheep and follow the New Testament, then you have absolutely NO right quoting passages from an older testament that you have found to be false.
    For example: In light of America recently legalizing gay marriage in all 50 states, if you have the nerve to defend your homophobia with the Old Testament then I want to see you sheep follow the other rules as well. I want to see you start cutting the hands off thieves, as the Old Testament states should happen. I want to see you stone your husbands and wives to death for filling for divorce... as the Old Testament states should happen.
    Till death do us part, yeah? Marriage is a holy ceremony, you vow under God that you will stay and love your spouse for better or worse. So why is it okay to break holy vows and the heart of another, yet it is not okay for two human beings to love? Two human beings who happen to share the same sexual anatomy. Tell me again how that makes sense?
    People do not cut the hands off criminals and murder their spouses for filing for divorce because that would be ridiculous! We put criminals behind bars and take half the other persons shit because neither stealing nor filing for divorce justifies mutilation or murder.
    Last time I checked, when I was in school and church, I was told that Jesus taught us to treat one another as we would like to be treated, and to love our fellow man no matter what race, religion, sexual orientation or gender. He didn't teach us to persecute one another and hate anyone who is different from yourself. His best friend was a prostitute for fuck sakes; how can you judge?
    Now all of this is merely just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to my full blown hatred of Christianity and Catholicism, but the rest is for another day. I'm sure this is going to cause enough of a ruckus; let's see what shit I disturb today [​IMG]
    - Willow

2. So you're saying you're conflicted?

3. :)

Attached Files:

4. Lmao yeah I'm fine. Religion is just a pet peeve of mine. Faith not so much, but believing in a God whom you must answer to in the end is not my idea of what life's all about.

5. It is opions like this that makr our world a world of terror.

I have a strong dislike for christians as well as obese people and anyone who stands on the road for free money.

In MY opinion, the difference between a good person and a bad person is having the knowledge of when and where to share your opinion.

6. As a gay man I appreciate your support and defense of LGBTQ equality. It makes my heart glad to see the change in attitudes. That being said I would like to correct some misconceptions. First of all Christianity and Christians don't think the OT (Old Testament) is false. The Law of Moses (which I think you're referring to) is no longer valid for Christians (Judaism has a different take on that) because Christ fulfilled the Law of Moses by living a sinless life, dying and resurrecting. It was no longer needed (for Christians). But I do agree with your observation regarding the hypocrisy of using OT taboos to support their bigotry yet eschew other taboos as it suits them. These hypocrites fall back to the OT because there is not one single reference or utterance of Christ ever addressing homosexuality pro or con. Nothing. In fact, there is evidence that he healed the male partner of a Roman Centurian (mentioned in Matthew and Luke). The word in English to describe him is servant but in the original Greek that word used is Pais. It means youth. The Centurian's concubine. It was common among Greeks and Romans to take a younger male as a lover.

I suspect the prostitute you're referring to is Mary Magdalene. This is a misnomer. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that she was the prostitute who Jesus saved from stoning or the woman who bathed his feet in tears and wiped them with her hair. One of the disciples declared her a known sinner but Jesus admonishes the disciple and says he forgave her because she had great love. This was not Mary Magdalene. There is, however, evidence that she became his wife. A topic for another thread of course. Mary was a key disciple of Christ and the first person he appeared to after the resurrection. She had great prominence in Christ's mission and life. Christ did associate with "publicans and sinners" on a regular basis and got a lot of shit for it. But his teachings were for everyone regardless of the state of their morals. Even Muslims consider him a great Prophet and is mentioned in the Quran. Islam is very choosy about who is honored in the Quran.

Don't hate Christianity or Catholicism. There are universal truths and a set of ethics that are the foundation of Western Society. It's the men/women in power that you have to watch out for. Greed and avarice can corrupt even the most holy of people. They take and twist the doctrine to fit their agenda. Thank you again for your support in LGBTQ equality. We need all the help we can get.

7. names thread "religion is a big fat joke"...opens thread by saying "not every religion is a joke"

Why not just name it what it is, "I don't like Christianity and Christians" because you failed to mentian any other religion in the OP...

But for what its worth i agree with the thread title, in that all religions are jokes, including but not limited to Christianity...

[​IMG]

8. That meme is getting nicked!

To contribute to the thread... Op im with you on the organised religion being a joke, for anyone to say they know exactly how the universe was created or exactly what happens when you die is the most ignorent and neive on the planet. I have a "god" but not a religion as i believe it will be something the brain cant comprehend, just like how our brain cant truely comperhend infinity.

9. I bet you think you just shared original ideas..

Great Second thread. Keep on spreading the hate. thats what we're all about here.

10. Whether my thoughts have been thought and expressed by another person doesn't mean my opinion isn't original to me. This is how I feel and this is Pandora's box, if you can't handle it, get out.

11. But you didn't really discuss religion. Just modern hypocritical Christians. Which is a bit of a played out attack on religion. Be more original in your thoughts and you may get some better responses...

Or get out

12. She's Canadian. It's "or get oot!" :p

13. beat me to it

14. Might be a joke, but religion is no laughing matter.

15. lol this one is the best

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.