First Grow, Hempy Bucket. Autoflower Sour Diesel and OG Kush

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by just_some_stoner, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Send me a link to your journal of you have one. I love coco grows.

2. Thanks you.
    I like to listen in on other coco grows to see if there are any tips I could use. Feel free to watch my coco grow thread.
    I always appreciate good information and definitely try to give the best information I can when needed.

3. I just have a thread in the coco category...please feel free.

4. Today's update [​IMG]

Attached Files:

5. Looking nice

6. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Looks like they finally found the gas pedal... We still need a small oscillating fan and then I wanna fill the buckets up to the top to bury those stems in nicely

8. #48 just_some_stoner, Jul 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2015
    Small update.. is it just me or did the growth slow down a bit?

We equipped the grow room with a temp and humidity meter in the meanwhile, added a small fan and also buried the stems in with 100% vermuculite (could this have something to do with it?).
    Should i increase the nutes i'm giving them to half strength instead of 1/4?

I know.. i should not interrupt them while the lights are off, need to change the schedule for the next grow because i always get home when the lights are off.

Attached Files:

9. how old are these plants?

10. About 2,5 weeks since germination.

11. Today's update.
    2 of them are looking a bit droopy though.

Attached Files:

12. check out mine at day 20

13. Looking good stoner. Where the pics snapped right before lights out? What is your rh? How often are you feeding now?

14. Humidity between 40% and 65% depending on when the lights are on/off or if i just watered them.
    I try to feed them about every 2 days now at 1/4 nute strength, but it's so tempting to over-nurse them lol. I always water until i get a little run off. Temps do exceed 30 degrees Celsius when the lights are on..
    We fixed a hole in the side of the shed to get some fresh air inside.

The pics were taken after the lights were out for about an hour, i changed the schedule today. So now they are ON when i go check on them.

SirSmokes, those plants are getting BIG! I saw the bit about wavy leaves in your thread, so i'll move my plants down a bit in the grow closet, away from the grow light.

15. Sounds like they were just tired to me. Some strains rest there leaves right before and during lights out. Nothing I would be concerned about.

16. yeah I'm chalking the wavy curled up leaves to heat stress and my closet normally sits at 82 degrees highs :/

17. One thing tho, the closet was in a shed with almost no ventilation but the cracks between the wood...

So basically it kept rotating the same air thru the shed over and over. Which gets really hot and humid when it's warm outside.

Now we just drilled a hole and installed a nice 100mm vent so the closet will get more fresh air, but the main idea is to make an adapter for the rectangular intake hole and to attach it to the outside vent so it gets direct fresh air from the outside which i think should lower the temp and humidity a fair bit.

18. Lol I was just talking on another thread about heat stress. I recommend a silica product. I wouldn't do a grow without it even if my temps are in check. So many benefits. Here is what I use. 1437778796574.jpg

The intake sounds like a great idea. Member to put a screen to stop bugs though.

19. #59 just_some_stoner, Jul 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
    Today's update, got some nice clear pics.
    Looking healthy so far!

I don't think the roots have hit the res yet, i fed the girls at 1/2 strenght yesterday and no change in growth speed happened. Just slowly but steadily expanding in size.
    How long does it generally takes for the roots to make their way down?

Attached Files:

20. I'd say by the time your leaves get to the edge of your planter. They will take off.