Experiment on monster cropping.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Grass boy, Jul 4, 2015.

1. #61 KouchLoch, Jul 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2015
    So I've been watching your experiment and I have a story to tell you about my monster-cropping adventure...

I got some cuttings from a fellow grower. Ken's Cut GDP which I hadn't had the chance to grow properly yet. The cuttings were from the lower branches of his flowering crop. They had been flowering for two weeks or so. Now I'm not a great cloner, and unfortunately, I usually botch the veg part of the grow (go figure, the easiest part). I put the cuttings in my cloner (24) and let them do their thing. After a few weeks, I planted them, but they didn't look healthy at all. I decided not to waste the effort so I put them all outside early in the spring. They floundered around for a while and I had one die from not being watered. After about a week, they got their bearings and started to grow! I now had 23 very ugly clones...
    IMG_2072.jpg

I started moving them up to bigger pots as they performed better, one by one.
    IMG_2073.jpg

One big group I decided would be my scrog experiment
    IMG_2074.jpg

They're all growing well now, but I neglected them, almost gave up on them, and they decided that wasn't working. They grew pretty much on their own until I noticed, after a rare California rain, a LOT of little green dots.

It can be done, and they do come back. You just have to have the time, space, and patience. GOOD LUCK!

2. wow that really encouraging. But unfortunately I uprooted clone1 before I read your post. :( now only clone2 left and she is recovering( I hope) . I decided uproot it because I need to keep a schedule to grow in order to have continuous supply. just start to germ two fresh seed mango and Anesia lemon. Planning to compare the growth of clone 1 with this two seedling.

3. #63 Grass boy, Jul 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Guess she (clone2) is the only one left.
    image.jpg

Look at all the weird leaves growing on top.
    image.jpg

And how bushy she is at her age.

Compare to clone1 which have died due to dehydration when I was away, she grow so much slower.

Guess I can concluded that a clone deeper into flower is harder to clone.

Look at her at 3 weeks after inserting her to soil.
    image.jpg

Compare clone1 at week 3 before she died
    image.jpg
    Not as bushy as clone 2

Note: 3 week inclusive of rooting period.

4. How she is looking? She look so weird.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

5. image.jpg

My monster cropped plant today.

Her branching and leaves are all abnormal. leaves look huge, branching is all over the place. I wanted to mainline it but it is so abnormal that I don't know where to start!!!
    image.jpg

6. how she look today image.jpg

Closer view ( after so many weeks her branching is still in a mess) and growing out of control because I just don't know where to begin the LST with weir branching like this.
    image.jpg

7. So I read ur whole journal here and subbed dude but what's going on now? Any updates? I took clones at 4 weeks to and am barely starting to see some life in them its been 3 weeks from cut. But its a super slow process. I'm very interested in the conclusion of ur experiment as this is my first go at monster cropping

Attached Files:

8. sorry I have not log in for a long time until I see your post. Monster cropping works but it take a longer time for it to come to live. My plant was place outside window and I left it to grow by it self because my grow room have limited space. But the plant grow really huge but unfortunately I did not take a picture. The buds were fat. I can assure you that it going to be big. Because I stay on the high floor 30 story, one of the night due to storm and strong wind, the stem snap and I couldn't save it [​IMG] it was almost havest time! I was sad of course but I learn a lot from it. So if you need any help, feel free to let me know.

Just something which i think I should highlight to you. Plant will be deformed but will grow back normal after a long time. Leave looks weird and stem grow all over the place. It so difficult to LST it because of irregular stem growing everywhere. Therefore I just leave it to advance on its own.

But what amazed me is even with little and irregular and sun, buds grow huge and fat.

9. Thanks for the info bro my clones are going now and I wanted to know how long u vegged for exactly? How long were u into flower?

Attached Files:

10. Today day 17 from when she was put into dirt

Attached Files:

11. After clone start to pick up, Vegs it for 5weeks . Flower 9-10weeks.

12. I love monster cropped plants. Takes a bit longer to get them going but its worth it to me.

13. Thanks bro all the other clones are showing growth now I can't wait to flip them