Worried about plants getting root bound Advice needed

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by the_tobzster, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Hi guys, I'll try to make this as short as possible for you. Basically I have 2 outdoor auto NL plants. They are potted in a 7.5 and 9 litre pots. They are about 4/5 weeks old now and are at about 9 inch tall. Growing very well and no slowing of growth atm.

I notice white roots coming out of the bottom drainage holes already. Thing is I had same strain last year in the same 7.5 litre pot and it got to 2 foot tall! Should I worry or will the roots just keep growing in the pot? I should have filled the soil higher in the pots maybe that was a mistake on my part.
    Really appreciate any advice given!

2. I'm not a professional when it comes to growing. I'm sorta new to be honest. So you may not want to listen to my advice. BUT.

I would recommend transplanting them to something a little bigger.
    A gallon bigger should be fine.
    Simply because you don't want your roots to be entangled sorta. You want each root to have its comfort zone lol. So give them roots more space!

But otherwise, dependng on how long your plant is into the flowering stage would also matter if you should transplant them or not.

3. Get some 5 gallon pots, throw a few inches of soil in the bottom of the 5 gallon pots and transplant them. Nothing to worry about if they're not in flower. I know of people that use Walmart shopping bags, The fabric ones that you can buy from there.

4. Autoflowers start flowering 2-3 weeks after being planted. So no dont transplant it let it go its fine. Next time plant them in a bigger, or invest in smart pots. You will severely hinder your yield