Do you believe in Reincarnation?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by willywagpole, Jun 19, 2015.

1. During distress, especially fatal and potentially fatal distress it is not uncommon that the brain will be perturbed in various ways. Adrenaline rushes, hallucinations, and even DMT releases http://www.collective-evolution.com/2015/06/07/dmt...

Obviously not "everyone" goes outside of their body and looks down upon themselves. For every case of this being reported (see above reasons for potential explanation) there are millions of cases where this was not experienced. I'm not saying NO ONE is experiencing it, but we should also not say everyone is.

On a personal level, I have zero problem believing "out of body" experiences since I've had a few myself, but they were all purposely self-inflicted with various unmentionables. One of them, a particularly lucid one, came from the mother of all self made edibles so even the right Cannabis alone, concentrated enough, can get the trick done.

So yeah, mind altering and weird experiences, absolutely yes. Their origin being something other than brain perturbation or brainwave altering....ehhh, I'd need to see some more tangible data that supports it.

If I had to subscribe to a more "out there" theory, I'd be willing to toy with the old notion that consciousness not localized, meaning it's not in your head but your head merely tunes into it. If that is the case, then altering the frequency or capacity your head operates under, may allow the "user" to access different frequencies of consciousness or see the existing conscious from a whole different perspective.

2. No, all of the near death experiences where people experienced anything other than normal, was out of body with the same feeling.

Of course its in the body. Dmt obviously activates it. Whatever it is its able to make it at least seem that you are out of your body. These people have no idea what their body looks like from the outside looking in but somehow it happens. The brain is powerful, but if its that powerful then we need to rethink its potential.

Ive not seen any other experiences besides that one. Its always the same story.

Im sure there are others, please share them with me so i can refine my idea.

3. Other popular ones would be the feeling of peace and calm, or heading towards a bright light.

To be honest, at this point in time I honestly don't know anymore. In the words of the great Terence McKenna:

"If aliens landed on the south lawn of the White House tomorrow, it wouldn't change a thing about the fact that DMT is the weirdest thing in the universe."

4. Those "other popular ones" are of the same story. I mentioned the peace and calm, but i didnt mention the bright light.

What this proves is that its not individual experiences, its unified. From there we can only speculate.

5. I think your "soul" is just uncoded? Or decoded? Dna or genetic materials junk dna ect

6. I do based off personal internal feelings and information I "downloaded" during deep meditation.

Only "proof" (this is not real proof since the five senses cannot be applied) I have of this is that Hindus believe it takes 48 days for a soul to reincarnate which is the same amount of time it takes for a fetus to start developing into a male or female.

7. I have heard 43, 45 and 48 days as well from sources completely different to the hindus. Very interesting Indeed. Thanks for sharing.

8. So many experiences that were the same. Always out of body, always having a feeling or peace and calm.

And most often GIVEN THE CHOICE TO DIE OR LIVE.

not proof but pretty substantial evidence. When multiple eye witness testimony correlates that's usually considered a very strong case.

9. Subconscious fears from heavy conditioning block the ability to see so they refuse to believe because they haven't had the touch of wisdom to comprehend how things like this could be possible.

10. Simply, no. I think when I die, I'm dead and that's that. I won't be hovering over humanity as a ghost, turning off lights and shit. I just don't think that's how shit works.

11. But you do believe that you would "hover over" if you had a near death experience i.e. DMT release. Right?

12. That's a psychologically different question altogether imo

13. Yes it's a different question. Does that mean you can't answer it?

14. Do you believe in Reincarnation?

1) yes

2) no

15. #155 goombah111, Feb 20, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2016
    I do sortov. He doesn't.

16. I do
    I am coming back as a Spider Mite
    Hide your plants

17. Can't really say I believe in nde either. Many anecdotes seem to trace back to singular sources and the imagery gets carried on through generations as what a nde should be. Similar to how alien abduction stories always follow similar motifs that seem to originate back to specific sources

18. They hard way better drugs back than

19. Not even half the NDE people heard about this imagery. I know this because MOST PEOPLE don't know what happens with near death experiences. Unless you mean the few people on TV. Maybe that's possible. But less likely.

20. Nope, but if that is how you want to spend your free time and it is rewarding, go for it.