9 dead in Charleston, SC church shooting

Discussion in 'General' started by SlowMo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. #41 boydamien, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    You love them because of that?

You are joking right?

Are you asking if i think some gun owners are cool?
    I don't know any gun owners lol but yea i guess there are some lol

2. Yep! Maybe un a few generations the slate will be clean and we can start over. I still got family who are alive and they are racist af. Just gotta let their generation and mine die out and start new. Maybe my sons will grow up in a better and less hateful world than I did.

3. Church is a sacred place to be. Gods house! Naturally, you just dont feel the need to be strapped to the teeth in the 4th pew. Your their to let your guard down and be with the lord and all the church goers.

4. I can only pray for that to happen. You are probably right. If you think about it, Dr. King hasn't even been dead 100 years yet and 103 years before that, slavery was over. So, there is still a lot of fresh wounds from generations that grew up with this. Hell, I even grew up with instances of discrimination and hate.

5. Yep. I remember when I was in elementary school. I was the only white kid . I cant remember a time where I was ever discriminated against tbh.. guess I just didnt really notice color. Damn I miss the 90s.. the world is so much smaller now

6. I like that you are being real since you and I have experienced the same thing through different lenses. I am sure you know most blacks aren't like that, but the stereotypes destroys us all!

7. Cant even read what I wrote lol. This app is screwin up on me. I think I said that there are gun owners who just buy weapons to be cool.

IMO, NEVER EVER purchase a gun if you cant pull the trigger. Thats a good way to get killed. Taking another life is no joke

8. What about gun laws. I can go to certain places and buy any kind of firearm or explosives for that matter and I don't need a background check to get them either cause money talks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. #49 Boomhauer, Jun 18, 2015
    Yeah. Dont get me wrong tho, I experience racism on a daily basis. Like the other day, I was donatin plasma for some extra money. This place was in the hoooood forreal lol. I was gettin some dirty looks until I saw one of my homies. Dapped him up and and said whats up.. people looked at me different and starting makin conversation with me. They just all assumed I was racist until they seen me associating with another black guy.

EDIT: and ty for the compliment!

10. It's actually possible that this particular mass murder could serve to bring us more together. A possibility the shooter certainly never considered. I haven't heard one person of any race or ethnic persuasion that isn't thoroughly nauseated by the crime and mindset behind it.  But I have a feeling there's other lunatics and haters out there like that kid. 

This dude was apparently all worked up over blacks taking over America and raping white women - typical KKK paranoia-hate shit. The DOJ is investigating it as a hate crime, as well they should. If this isn't hate crime, I don't know what is. Regardless, sane people of all races and ethnic groups (religious too) need to knock off their political bs and us versus them mentality and work together to put out the spreading fires of hatred. And let anyone that would seek to take advantage of these tragedies by the deliberate use of racially inflammatory, devisive rhetoric be damned!

11. #51 LoveisKind, Jun 18, 2015
    Yea, a lot of people need to lose the hood mentality or any other mentality to make people feel out of place. I went to an upscale part of town to apply for a a job. I walked in and 3 associates who were white near the back of the store started at me like I was crazy. Didn't approach me and I had to walk nearly to the back of the store just to tell them I was applying and left my resume and application. Haven't heard back either though the job deals with warehousing/inventory which I had a years experience in and accounting experience. Not even an acknowledgement that I applied. That really ate me up that day.

So yea, the main problem is that white, black, rich, poor, all look at the opposites in a threatening way.

12. Welcome! I always appreciate people of different races who are open minded.

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/charleston-church-shooting/kkk-white-supremacists-among-19-south-carolina-hate-groups-splc-n377516

14. Exactly. One of us has to make the first move and let it go. As far as the hood mentality goes.. we have white trash areas around here. Just poor communities sticking close together. Thats the way I see it. If that makes sense. To get rid of that, the government needs to offer more jobs. I see alot of people who are born poor. Black AND white. If everyone had a damn job, we wouldnt have ghettos

15. YES! For most, they are born into it and they can not get out. Imagine veterans feeling like that too and being poor. So many people in the U.S. gets shat on but no one is trying to demand for change. What people need to do is march to DC and show that they are fed up. Or walking up the steps of their state government offices to prove a point. Haven't really seen this at all and people seem to be too complacent knowing everything it bat shit crazy.

16. Hmmm... I was at a grocery store earlier and the first thing I saw after literally grabbing a cart was a man wearing a hat with a confederate flag on the back. Yea... that made me feel uncomfortable and if a flag is used during a battle to keep slaves enslaved (the real reason behind trying to keep their rights) then it's obviously not just a cultural thing for all people to enjoy.

17. I like you more and more each day! [​IMG]

18. Thanks! I like yall too and I really want peace in this world!

19. #60 squidrick420, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
    Like I said, it is a cultural thing. Not about staying "Strapped" or anything like that. Having a gun in church is just a thing people do and don't think twice about; they also have their guns when they drop kids off at school, go to the store, walk the dog, etc. And obviously, it could have come in handy in Charleston. The argument that it is God's house basically means nothing to me as I abhor christianity but nonetheless, they are still people, and apparently there is danger for churchgoers. In my mind, it is rational to have a gun to prevent danger, regardless of where that place is.