9 dead in Charleston, SC church shooting

Discussion in 'General' started by SlowMo, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Well, in  that case, our nation is fucked. What happened last night crossed the line since it was in a church. It's all gonna go downhill I feel.

2. This is nothing new. The media should be the ine to blame. They're starting a race war

• Like Like x 1
  3. It happened in scotland many years ago. It resulted in the total ban of hanguns.

Hasn't happened since!
    Just saying like.

• Like Like x 2
  4. To think in 2 hours he could have easily been right over here in Asheville, which seems like the kind of place that a guy like him would wanna go shoot people at.

But there's a way to drastically reduce violent crime, of which the power lies in the hands of you, the people. 

Because guns have been circulating in the US for over 100 years is an awful excuse. 

• Like Like x 2
  6. Media says: white man kills 8 black people.
    What it should say is man sits in church for 45 mins, leaves, and comes back to kill 9 church goers.

I fuckin hate the media. Foxnews, msnbc, cnn, local news networks. I hate em all

• Like Like x 2
  7. Yea, but it was back in the 60's since something like that happened. The media and the hate from black and white people is about to make the whole country implode. I felt really scared last night since who knows where we are headed now or what's gonna happen in the coming days.

8. #28 LoveisKind, Jun 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2015
    It would of been revealed what their races were anyway. Whether the media said it or not. Obviously, the word of mouth can travel fast and even without the media, social media w/ average people were spreading the news. Do you think major headline news like that would totally omit race forever?That's not possible.

Now, if they said extremist white man kills innocent black church goers, then that is a more extreme description. The guy even openly said he did it because he hated black people and he intended to exterminate them. Totally impossible to eliminate race from this one since that was his intention.

9. I said that cause banning weapons would be pointless. I seen a map with red pin points of every gun owner in america. I couldnt even see america on the map. Just red pin points.. to ban guns, youd have to take em from millions of americans. Which would not go down.

Boydamien: that may have worked their, but scotland is small and not many ppl prob had access to weapons anyway

• Like Like x 5
  10. Just throwing this out there... I'm not getting rid of my guns. I live in a sketchy trailer park and the only reason I don't mind it is the fact that there is usually a gun within my reach. There are some real sleaze balls and meth heads who live here or hang around here and they like to fuck with peoples stuff, but not my stuff, because I make it clear that my house is armed.

Imagine if people in that church were armed, that kid wouldn't have made it out of there alive! Fuck, if that happened up here in WNC than the churchgoers would have indeed been armed and would have retaliated. Sometimes, weapons are the only things that work to deter violence. Its easy to shoot fish in a barrel, but give the fish a Smith & Wesson and its not so simple.

• Like Like x 3
  11. If people have any sort of common sense, they wont blame an entire race over one persons actions.

Im not worried. Im strapped to the teeth and black people respect me cause I respect them.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I wouldnt bring my pistol to church without the pastors consent. Church just isnt the place to be armed at, nor should you think you have to be

• Like Like x 1
  13. #33 LoveisKind, Jun 18, 2015
    I agree. For me, I guess since I dealt with other issues with my race being black, it made me more emotional since it felt like I was living in the 1960's. I am the only minority at my job and have been lied, deceived, and ignored when they can't meet their promises. Not pulling the card, but it makes me feel inferior and I wonder what people think of me. Have had people say questionable things or ask me really weird questions that makes me wonder why they ask/say certain things. I have a white boyfriend, so obviously, I know that not all whites are bad. However, people at my job are the epitome of how stereotypical whites can be and they also belittle lower level employees and have said things when they weren't around.

Also, prior to being promoted, I was an associate. Recently, a few coworkers told me a white associate called them porch monkeys, unemployed, and he even insulted a hispanic by saying he came in this country being carried on his mom's hip. That guy laughed it off, but I knew it hurt his feelings.

• Like Like x 2
  14. #34 LoveisKind, Jun 18, 2015
    True. I feel the same! A church is place for refuge and peace. Though Dr. King was harassed constantly before his assassination which gave him probably cause to stay strapped, he never did and that showed crystal clear how we should all aspire to be. Unfortunately, all of his hard work is being abandoned by all races in this country in some way.

15. My last job, I was the only white guy. They were all hatin on me tryna antagonize me to quit. I kept clockin in and got that respect.

Point being, you and me suffer the same prejudices. Blacks can be racist as well. Imagine if we all came together. Couldnt even begin to fathom how powerful this country would be without racism

• Like Like x 2
  16. This comparison is floating around the inter tube ...

[​IMG]

17. #37 boydamien, Jun 18, 2015
    Yea thats true i spose,.
    Remember my mum saying that the country were so shocked that sixteen ,5year olds &thier teacher were executed the pro gun owners didnt dare try to defend guns. Prolly had gotten lynched lol

Anyway i don't even pretend to understand america &its bond with guns.
    Diffrent people diffrent cultures i guess.

RIP to all those anyway

Oh i have just been informed that some gun owners were so sickened they voluntarily handed them in.

• Like Like x 1
  18. #38 LoveisKind, Jun 18, 2015
    Yea, I noted in another post that all races have contributed to the lowering of our morality and how we treat each other. I feel you and I am sorry you went through that. Historically in the U.S. I guess with the fact that it took so long for blacks to finally free themselves(not from slavery but after Dr. King was killed) it was like we were left to pick up all of the pieces without him and with that came a lot of resentment. Hence the Black Panther party. I think if Dr. King did live, our nation would not be in this state. Your experience is racist resentment towards you because of what I just said. That's the most logical explanation that I can think of.

19. Guns practically liberated us from england. Thats why we love them so much.

You do have those people who own em to be "cool" tho

20. I'm not the least bit christian so I don't know how most places feel about guns at church. I just know that here people bring their guns and other various weapons to church and don't think about it. It isn't as much about protection as it is just a cultural thing. People here have more guns than people in most places, and as a result, it isn't uncommon for people to keep one around them at most times. It is almost a conversation starter in public places and the only people who even get uncomfortable around firearms are the tourists. Like I said, I'm no christian whatsoever but I see no reason why churchgoers can't be armed, especially if they are going shooting after church which is actually a thing people do fairly commonly on Sunday around here.