Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Is it possible to get a head high rather than a body high with edibles?

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Buddwiser88, Jun 18, 2015.

1. I heard with edibles despite using pure sativa strains they still seem to effect the body more then give you that head high psychedelic experience I so crave because I listen to music and music sounds the best when my mind is high.

Is there any way to make an edible less sedative and more of a psycho - stimulant Psychedelic? 

2. i have tried indicas, sativas and hybrids in my edibles. they all hammer me. such a heavy couch lock type of high too. i only use edibles when i hurt bad and cant sleep because of it. thats my experience anyway. 

3. Yeah I'm trying to get less of that "couch lock" feel and get more of that "talk to God" experience. 

4. Yes there is. Start with a high thc strain that is as fresh off the plant as possible. Then the key is to decarb properly and limit the heat to keep the psycho-stimulating thc from degrading into sedative cbn.

I have definitely gotten psychedelic effects from edibles with little to zero couch lock. I always use coconut oil with soy lecithin and sometimes add liquid mct's. I've heard from various sources that these types of fats (good fats) help stimulate brain function, which obviously plays a role in staying awake during an edibles experience.

I also hear using cocoa powder in your edibles helps make them more active, possibly from the caffeine. Haven't really done the research on that, but i love chocolate anyways.

Hope i helped

5. #5 Buddwiser88, Jun 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2015
    Yes I heard somewhere as well that caffeine can boost the psychedelic part of weed so much so that it can literally turn a indica into a sativa and a sativa into a more psychedelic drug like acid, etc. 

So could you go into details on how long, what methods, etc. to "decarb properly"? How much should I limit the heat? Obviously I want to go as low as possible to retain all the psycho-stimulating thc, but not too low where it doesn't do anything to the thca.

6. #7 Buddwiser88, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    Shit... before learning all this about keeping it heated for the least amount of time as possible to keep the stimulant effect and less of the sedative I think I might have degraded my tincture that I made using the "magical butter" machine after setting it to 8 hours at 160 degrees I most likely ended up with a batch of tranquilizers lol. What sucks about the magical butter machine is that it has limited pre set options for specific task e.g. oil = 1 hour, butter = 2 hours, tinctures = 4 hours, 8 hours. Convenient yes, but not very flexible when it comes to the knitty gritty.

So for the sake of simplicity next time I make my tinctures do I want to set the temperature at the lowest available setting at 130 degrees for 4 hours instead of 8 to retain the most psychotic thc?

7. Yes. 160 is still pretty low and safe when we're talking degradation, so you might be fine. At that point you want to worry about light exposure too, not sure how dark inside the magic butter machine is. But yes, theoretically the lower temp the better when it comes to tincture. Another thread you might want to check out is psychedelic sam's "another tincture thread" (in the stickies at the top of the board). I don't make tinctures as often as most of the vets here, so i can't really give you much solid info on that in total confidence. But i do know that tincture seems to require much less heat than fat infusion (cannabutter). Also the most important variable i forgot to mention is to use fresh as possible buds with high thc and low amounts of other cannabinoids. Have fun, hope i helped a little

8. Yea I was using grain alcohol with 190 proof (95% ethanol) which makes it more sensitive to heat so much so that it is flammable. And yes your were a big help for I learned things I did not know before (wish I learned this before I wasted my ounce of top grade bud on a tincture batch I coulda made alot stronger psychedelically, but sedatively makes me sleep like a baby) so thank you very much and I'll go ahead and check out those tincture specific thread you mentioned.