Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking while sick?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DownhillRider, May 29, 2015.

1. So I'm starting to get sick and my throat hurts a little, I haven't smoked in a few days and I really want to light up. Should I roll clean or with tobacco and should I smoke at all?

2. I've found that when I smoke when I'm sick it doesn't make me sicker, but it prolongs how long I'm sick. I was sick for like a week and a half from just a head cold because I smoked almost every other day. Considering your throat hurts, I would hold off on smoking until it feels better. If you do decide to smoke make sure you take supplements or eat fruits or something to replenish vitamins. As for tobacco, I'd imagine it having about the same effects as weed

3. i always smoke when i am sick. no way i could get through it with out doobage. last time i was sick i was able to vape wax though and i can honestly say it made all of the difference in the world when compared to smoking bud. smoking definately irritated my lungs and my sickness where as it seemed that the wax didnt have any issues at all. i didn't not drop monster dabs or anything. just enough to get a killer buz and feel a bit better then i was at the time. 

i think getting high in moderation is a great way to feel well enough to get shit done when you're sick. even edibles can be effective in a positive way if done in moderation. i still take something to help with fever and swelling, i just make sure i am high when i do it [​IMG]

4. I rarely get sick, the odd cold once every other year.  When I am sick I always feel like not smoking, but I always do.  It definitely helps me as I will smoke a bit to help me sleep and I feel better after a solid sleep. 

That's me, I am sure everyone is different.

5. Skip the tobacco, it is poisonous and you don't need to be poisoned AND sick! [​IMG] 

Also smoking cannabis pure allows you to get high on fewer puffs! Smoke isn't good on a sore throat, so have a cool liquid handy to take a sip after each puff. That will help minimize any further irritation.

Cannabis will help ease any aches and pains. It helps with nausea, headache, and bowel problems. Also cannabis can let your mind wander, so you are not focused on how you are feeling. [​IMG]

Light one up and find something interesting to watch on TV, or play a video game..... you'll feel better! [​IMG]

Granny

6. yeah deff dont use any tobacco. have some water on hand and if your throat hurts hit the weed while you have one of those throat numbing lozenges in your mouth it makes the smoke taste better and you won't feel it as much

then you'll be high so you won't remember that you're sick 

7. I usually smoke while I'm sick but I swear it makes colds last twice as long.

8. Smoked one clean was barely able to get like two puffs but got really fucking high just falling down melting in my chair lmao. Tried to smoke one with tobacco later cause I had to light the clean one for every hit and it tasted bad, coughed my lungs out, I'll just wait till I'm good to smoke.