Ironheads method for success

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, May 27, 2015.

1. Well she's pretty tiny at day 40ish from flip. I'm putting an update together tonight.

2. Do you think it would be cool to have some sort of SIP system as a back up if I need to be gone for a day or two?
    Like if I'm going away for a weekend, I know I can't let a nutrient solution sit in the SIP but just some water to keep it from drying out while I'm gone...
    That would be cool once in a while for flowering plants, right?

3. Hey I was just thinking
    Remember when we were doing trays of perlite and then placing smart pots on top and watering from the bottom
    Would coco on the bottom have worked also?
    Instead of the perlite could we use coco in the tray to act like a sip pot?

It would be a good way to keep the plant watered for a few days away  Maybe?

4. Like I said earlier, I use a rockwool blend with my moms. I built a recirculating top feed. I water for 1 minute once a day.
    Seems that a similar setup could work with coco.
    It's in my cloner thread.

Attached Files:

5. Only problem with that is that the ph will rise naturally over a few days causing your plants to show deficiencies.. Pretty much the main reason I don't mess with having a reservoir, or let the plants sit in runoff for too long.

6. You are more than welcome to try it! I've never done that before. I like to stick with hand watering once a day in flower and once every other day in veg.

7. #47 Ironhead, May 29, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2015
    Sounds like a plan! I love not having to ph anything.. No pens, meters, or drops.. Still get lovely plants like this everytime:

Grapefruit Badass:

[​IMG]

8. The ph would rise in just plain water?
    I said just setting up a back up sip for plain water while I may be away, just to keep it moist.
    It would be for less than 48 hours I'm sure

9. Plain water would wreck your plants brotha. They need to be given the formula with every watering except on the FloraKleen days.

10. So you aren't allowed to go away for even a night with this method?

11. Sure ya can. I water heavy the day I leave and water again as soon as I come back.. But only on short weekend trips and I never leave them in plain water.

Honestly, if you travel a lot maybe growing cannabis in coco isn't the best hobby to have unless you have someone that can come tend to the ladies for ya.

I don't travel much.. I like to grow pot, so this works out super great for me.

12. I don't travel so much that it would be an issue much. But I do go visit my folks for a weekend almost every month.

Thanks man!

13. I got a few plants running this method and I'm super impressed. I was in soil and using different nutes. Everything I've started for about 2 months has been getting the IronH3ad method. It's just too easy! Here is a GDP clone that just went into flower. 60-ish days in veg once rooted. She's a pretty big girl already, no stretch yet.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432915128.334665.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432915145.267928.jpg

And here is another GDP clone getting the same method just 45 days in flower. Only 22 days in veg once rooted.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432915254.786526.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432915266.701866.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432915299.152936.jpg

Give this method a shot!

Thanks Iron for all your help!

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1368663-lixxs-led-honey-hole.html#entry21605942

• Like Like x 1
  14. Damn! That first GDP is killller

15. Do you grow from seed or clone? If I had to guess, it looks like you pulled a clone in flower, which is why they appear to have a ton of shoots and look so bushy. Monstercropping I think it's called.

16. Another Killer Thread
    Iron.........
    [​IMG]
     ​
    Gonna start calling you Coco God.

17. Lookin great dude! They are comin along nicely for ya. Still rockin those Solar Spec's? I think I'm finally getting interested in LED's..

18. Thanks bro!

Those both are clones taken during veg. The first vegged for a little over 60 days after roots.
    The second one vegged for only 3 weeks after roots before getting flipped. It's now 45 days or so in flower. I took a couple cuts off their mother after flowering was started but they weren't needed so I culled them out.

Yeah man, looking pretty good! Still rocking the SolarSpecs! Another one on the way. Now up to 820 actual watts!
    I don't have much experience with HID lights but I love my SS's!

http://forum.grasscity.com/indoor-grow-journals/1368663-lixxs-led-honey-hole.html#entry21605942

19. sorry i got 2 (two) more Q and A

some you using plastic pots some are fabric, any different is growth?

has anyone tried adding 20 % vermiculite or any amount to hold a bit more moisture? 

Thanks!
    Peace
    dr

20. I like to use fabric containers personally. I guess it just depends on which ones you want to use, cause they both work.

I haven't tried adding any vermiculite.. Coco does a pretty good job of holding that perfect level of moisture. :)