Ironheads method for success

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by Ironhead, May 27, 2015.

1. The green posion.. after seeing this picture and looking at trichomes I'm definitely starting a flush. Didn't realize how much the pistils were darkening up. So used to seeing it under the hps.. very little amber trichs also so I think I'm in the money zone for the flush.

Attached Files:

2. One more a little further out. Not as frosty as I would like. But the cheese Is packing it on thick.

Attached Files:

3. You are giving it too much water. Recent transplant? Gotta go real easy on em til they start putting out new growth. Just a splash will do.

4. Looks like a great time to start the flush! Man that looks killer.. Bet it's gonna be super boss.

5. no transplant done its just user error man. I was watering every day in small amounts 2-3 cups of water at a time. The plant is in a 5 gal smart pot and it's been a little troubling trying to keep the coco saturated. When my wife and I purchase our house I will move to at least 10 gal pots

6. Looks like you are keeping it too saturated. When they are that small, 10% runoff isn't needed, so just a little bit of water will do. 2-3 cups is too much. Drop it down to 1 cup every day and I bet it springs to life over the next few days.

7. I'm not exactly sure why it would get spots on the leaves. Is that a nitrogen deficiency?

Thanks again iron. I was thinking about skipping the flush with Florakleen this week too. I'll start giving it one cup per day until it seems like it needs more

8. Two last question's might be a silly one or one's if I have seeds just popped out of coco with first first true leaves, would i then start feeding them 6ml micro and 9ml bloom per gallon straight away or would I give them a third of that and ween my way up over a week to full strength say?? And would PH'ing it make any difference or just a waste of time with this method only ask because some people are really anal about? Many thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Sorry forget the first question I just read the first post properly lol

10. Hey I just bought all of the nutrients on here from Amazon is it possible anyone can give me a schedule of when and how to apply them to the plants? This is my first time using coco

Sent from my 0PM92 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. It's getting spots because the medium is too saturated and the plant can't process the amount of nutrients within the root zone, which leads to lockout and deficiencies like you are seeing.

Let it dry out a little bit and cut your watering down until it starts to put out new growth again.

12. This should give some helpful insight :

https://forum.grasscity.com/coco-coir/1371748-ironheads-method-success.html

13. Yh it's page 1 and the schedules is on there and if you read it tells you when to use them I missed it the first time to I hope this help

14. I wrote up a little schedule... It's on post #2550 in this thread... Hope it helps!

15. 1

Here it is Lixx
    You did such a nice job I saved it in an email to myself
    Just make sure its up to date I have not had a chance to grow for a while

The BASE formula for veg is: (always in every
    gallon)

6ml micro
    9ml bloom
    .5ml Roots Excelurator
    .5ml Barley
    Clarifier

This is a 2 week example... Follow and repeat until
    flower...

The Epsom salt is added at 1g per
    gallon when it says...

***Add Photosynthesis Plus at 5ml per gallon EVERY
    time you add Epsom. Just an easy way to remember when to add that.***

The
    flush is with 5ml FloraKleen per gallon.
    In Flower the base formula is:
    (always in every gallon)

6ml Micro
    11ml Bloom
    .5ml Barley
    Clarifier

This is a 1 week example that you would just repeat the next
    week exactly...

The flush is with 5ml per gallon of
    FloraKleen...

The Epsom salt is added at 1g per gallon when
    listed...

***Add Photosynthesis
    Plus at 5ml per gallon EVERY time you add Epsom. Just an easy way to remember
    when to add that.***

KoolBloom is added at 1ml per gallon when
    listed...

Floralicious + is added at .5ml per gallon when
    listed...

Transition from veg to flower ... Drop the roots excel after
    the stretch... And start with the flower schedule...

Halfway or so
    through flower, reduce Flora Micro from 6ml per gallon to 4ml per gallon... Last
    week or so before the flush, reduce it to 2ml per gallon...

Harvest!!
    Edited by Lixx, Today, 02:37
    AM.

When you smoke de herb, It reveals you to yourself.
    -Bo

Ah dam the picture charts did not show up
    But search for it here and you will see them

16. #2818 STIGGY, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016
  17. So quick question, this is my first time using coco, I used soil before. When I was using soil I just watered them whenever the top soil was dry an inch deep. I know coco is different and there is different procedures, so can someone explain those to me? Also about flushing and what not

Thank you for the help finding that! Helps alot and is very understandable

18. Poor Iron, starts a killer thread..spends half of it explaining how to water xD

LISTEN HERE MO'FCKAS! If you maintain a high RH (Relative Humidity) then chances are you won't be able to water daily until the plant is FULLY established. How long will that take? I don't fucking know, its your strain in your garden, I can't answer that for you. For the sake of conversation...lets say it takes 7 days to fully establish (because you transplanted then watered thoroughly into a SMALL CONTAINER SO THAT YOU CAN ESTABLISH YOUR ROOTS FASTER AND WATER MORE FREQUENTLY). Chances are after the inital xplant watering you'll want to give it 3-5 days to become reasonably dry (You're doing this to promote root growth by forcing them to dig deep for the water they so desperately desire). Then you water again, maybe only takes 2-3 days now to go dry. For the most part (NOT ALWAYS!) by the 3rd watering (7-14 days post transplant) you'll be able to water daily (in an appropriately sized container). There is ZERO reason to go straight to a large container in coco, it's not soil, stop treating it like it is.

Oh and btw, RH directly correlates to feed strength yall'...if a plant is transpiring more (Low RH) then it's going to drink more..which means it's taking in that much more nutrients...which means it could burn at the same feed strength in a room that's appropriate (50-60% RH). A higher RH could mean less transpiration thus less feeding thus requiring a higher feed strenght to compensate. This is all something you can manipulate to your advantage. Temperature obviously plays into this as well...