Grandpas Silver Anniversary Grow

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by pointswest, May 18, 2015.

1. #21 pointswest, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    BNW, nice start on your summer garden.  TJ, you are not too late, plant those MJ's into a 10 or 15 and you will be surprised at the growth in only a few weeks.  You still have till mid Oct, plenty of time for some nice sized plants.  SD567, this is just another brand of silicon products like Dyna Gro Pro-Tec or Agsil.  The only difference in these products is the concentration.  Follow the directions on the label to apply the proper amount for each use.  SB, thanks for the interest,  I will try to provide an interesting grow.  It was disappointing to see the purple Afgan and lemon kush flower upon transplant but I knew It was a possibility with the early varieties but I had to make a road trip at planting time, so I planted earlier than I wanted to.  It really doesn't matter, the plants will be replaced with new seedlings and the room will fill up by flowering regardless with 8-10 plants.  Two to three plants will easily provide enough for two heavy smokers for more than a year.

Heavy harvests to all

PW

2. #22 shitdick567, Jun 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 14, 2015
    I've try'd to edit won't let me and if the dam site would of accepted my first 30 entries then i wouldn't have gotten so frustrated but rather "you" take me seriously or isn't my problem have made plenty of friends in here since the time I've been on. Mybe you shouldn't judge someone by there screen name..... View attachment 1799737

-beast mode-

3. Thank you I appreciate it pointswest.
    -Good season to all-

4. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434309032.295452.jpg
    Lady's looking good tho

5. Has any heard of the strain " Limewire"??

6. Can anyone tell me about this??
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434405303.834098.jpg
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1434405327.549647.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. This is powdered sulphur.  It is used as a fungicide and insecticide.  It can be dusted on the foliage or mixed as a foliar spray.

PW

8. #29 shitdick567, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
    So it's fine to use on marijuana??
    And do you have any experience using it?

9. #30 shitdick567, Jun 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2015
  10. plants are looking killer PW.

i was worried about the big fat leaves on my sativas, but i see yours have them too.. i guess they get thinner as they grow?

stoked that you're showing off your run.. way cool.

be well man.. AW

Yes, you can use this on your canna crop.  I personally don't use it because PM is not an issue here in this dry climate unless you get careless with your culture practices and I have other products to use for insecticides when needed.

I wouldn't worry too much about the leaf size.  All seed breeders usually work their sativa  selections once or more to shorten the flowering time.  Your plant should be a cross between two Thai plants, so should be pure sativa; it is just not an unbred landrace.  To get a pure landrace in this era, you need to collect your own seed stock from these locations to be sure of what you are getting.  Some of these start with wide leaves, then narrow up as flowering nears.

I will be working on the plants again in about a week at both locations and should have interesting update photos six weeks after transplanting to the final pots.   My grow buddy told me today two of the tallest selections have already grown through the netting installed at 7'.

Bountiful harvests

PW

12. Dang 7 already that's what I'm talking about good luck PW and can't wait for the update

13. #34 pointswest, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
    Yesterday was another work day on the greenhouse plants. It has been about 5 1/2 weeks since transplant of the clones and 2 weeks on the seedlings. The plants received another malted barley tea with the watering this week. The plan is to add the barley to the irrigation water about twice a month. People are reporting this will reduce flowering times, so this will be a great addition if it shortens the flowering time on some of these sativa hybrids.

The GDP and Lemon Kush that were moved outside have now stopped flowering and are reversing back to veg. These plants will probably be used for hash or oils at harvest. A couple more of the hybrids are showing early flowering signs, but I think we are close enough to normal flowering that it won't be a problem. The seedlings were in the shady back corner of the greenhouse and the first few nodes got stretched out. These were topped at the fifth node and are starting to branch out and should make a nice bush in a few weeks.

Plants are staying clean with the two week schedule of IPM. One plant from indoors had a few mites at transplant, but it looks like we have controlled the problem and the rest of the plants are staying clean. The color of the plants has been dark green and they show no signs of needing additional nutrients at this time. The water only and bimonthly sst should get us to harvest without much problems.

P1020215r.JPG
    P1020217r.JPG
    P1020218r.JPG
    P1020220r.JPG
    P1020222r.JPG
    P1020223r.JPG
    P1020224r.JPG
    Bountiful harvests to all
    PW

14. Looking great, PW :wave:

15. This week the plants were only given water and sprayed again with Neem and Spinosad. The plants are all clean now and we hope to keep them insect free for the rest of the grow. A couple of the plants needed extra support and were secured to the bamboo stakes this week. The seedling plants were fimmed to bush them out more. Two or three of the seedlings are stretching a lot and appear to have male traits at this stage, we should know soon.

The GDP and Lemon Kush went through a short reversal and are now starting to flower again and should finish early and provide more room for the later flowering cultivars. Now that the taller plants have reached the netting, it will be easier to spread the middle open for more light. A couple of the hybrids that were bred with the Thai parents are showing good branching and should fill out into large bushes by flowering time. Except for tying up long branches for support and the bi monthly IPM, most of the work is finished now and watering will be all that is needed until harvest.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Best of growing
    Bountiful harvests

PW

16. That rooms gonna be full!

17. Not much change this week, another 6" taller and wider. Plants were not sprayed this week, it was too hot in the GH to be spraying. The seedlings are growing into the larger pots and are starting to fill out better. None are showing sex yet, but 2-3 look male. It will be nice when the plant count is stable for the rest of the season. Three of the GDP have gone thru a short reversal, and are now reverting back to flowering, they look like they will form large colas when finished. I'm hoping they will finish early and can be harvested to get more space in the fall. The largest plant, Big Sur Holy Weed, is now growing through the first screen at 7' and should reach the top screen at 10' in a couple of more weeks. Flower initiation is starting on all of the clones now and the seedlings should not be far behind. In three more months the room should be looking good.

p1020228r.jpg 1020229r.jpg
    1020231r.jpg 1020232r.jpg

Bountiful harvests

PW

18. Looks great PW thoz lady's are loving it in there

19. Beautiful! Very excited to see them flower. That BSHW is a big 'ol lady :ey: Hope you're well, PW :wave: