Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This Metal Pipe In My Carry-On

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by DankmasterFlash, May 11, 2015.

1. I plan on taking a vacation this summer in a state where recreational use of cannabis is legal. I really want to bring this metal pipe with me in my carry-on, my only piece of luggage. It is 100% clean. Do you think the TSA will give me any grief about this pipe? Also, it kind of resembles an egg vibrator when fully assembled and can be taken apart and made to look like four random pieces of metal.
        If you were in my shoes, would you leave it fully assembled and hope that they think it's an egg vibrator or would you pull it apart and hope that the random pieces of metal don't get their attention to the point that they just have to see what the four random pieces of metal are all about?

TL:DR  Would you try getting on a plane with this metal pipe in your carry-on and would you leave  it assembled or would you break it down into four pieces?

Attached Files:

2. Why bother if you are going to a legal state, just buy a $10 spoon there.

3. You can bring a clean new one with you, but once you use it it's probably not coming back with you unless you clean it back to the like new unused state. Why not spend $10 on a piece when you get there?

4. Cannabis Resin is illegal to bring on planes under federal law. So if it's completely clean coming and going. They won't confiscate it. They might make you explain to them what it is though if they decide to search your bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Why would you even feel the need to transport a metal pipe? There will be lots of cheap pipes where you are going. 

6. Tell them it's your vibrator

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  7. do not try to carry it on....  stow your luggage

8. Why would I want to bring a metal pipe with me? Because I'm just dying to try it out. I haven't purchased a bag on the black market in years ever since my last connect got arrested and sent to the big house. I think that it has been close to seven years since I've purchased a bag from a connect. Do you honestly think that I would travel over 2000 miles to get medicated if I could get some cannabis any time I wanted to? I'm at the age where it's very difficult for me to find new connections. And hanging out in bars isn't my thing because I hardly ever drink alcohol. So...I'll ask again.
         . Do you think the TSA will give me any grief about this pipe? Also, it kind of resembles an egg vibrator when fully assembled and can be taken apart and made to look like four random pieces of metal.
        If you were in my shoes, would you leave it fully assembled and hope that they think it's an egg vibrator or would you pull it apart and hope that the random pieces of metal don't get their attention to the point that they just have to see what the four random pieces of metal are all about?

9. The novelty of having your own pipe is cool, but you seem to be at the age where if you got caught with the lil guy, you would face very serious consequences ( i.e. if dirty pipe on the way back).  if it really is a special pipe you don't wanna get it confiscated anyways, right? Try and pick up a bowl/pipe/papers at your destination

10. Im sure you would he okay bringing a unused pipe with you but make sure if you did use it, it is spotless from the resin and im not sure if thats possible if you used it good amount of times already. Good luck

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP, you are never too old to find connects. And do you really think the TSA would be happy to see 4 random pieces of metal? No, they're going to see that as an unassembled device. They're going to make you assemble that and show them how you use it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. #12 puddleglum, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    If you are really worried about taking the pipe on the plane, maybe you could mail it to where you will be staying?

13. Mailing it there is not an option. I'm staying at someone's place while they are away and I think they might have the USPS Hold Mail Service in effect. I stayed there last year and didn't receive any of his mail the whole time I was there.
        So, keeping it assembled is a good idea. Sounds good to me. As far as cleaning it is concerned, I have that covered. I stop by Walmart while I'm there and purchase the highest concentration of Isopropyl Alcohol that I can find. I take the pipe apart and let it soak overnight before getting on the airplane the next day. I'm just a little concerned because some people say that even clean pipes get confiscated because they...look like drug paraphernalia. I've also read that if I have some documentation about the pipe that that helps.
        The pipe came with a small pamphlet that mentions tobacco. Should I bring that along as well and keep it close to the pipe just in case?
    Thanks for all the replies. It's helping me a lot.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Having something weird and/or metal in your luggage is just asking TSA to check out your stuff more thoroughly.

If you're polite and cooperative (and legal) when that happens, you should be fine. :D

• Like Like x 1
  15. I would just put it in a checked bag.

16. I'm not going to have any checked bags. I'm only bringing one piece of luggage and it's a carry-on. It's going to be a backpack to be more specific.  I've also read that if I have some documentation about the pipe that that helps.
        The pipe came with a small pamphlet that mentions tobacco. Should I bring that along as well and keep it close to the pipe just in case?

17. What's so special about this pipe? Why can't you just pick something up to use when you get there?

18. I would bring that booklet with you just in case bro. As far as the trip home just try to leave it spotless or close to it lol

You might consider checking it on the way back. You could bring things back.

20. get that crap out of the seasoned toker QA. Seasoned tokers use machines like mine ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1431906251.909055.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum