Acapulco Gold ( First grow from seed )

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by V3t3r, May 9, 2015.

1. #1 V3t3r, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2015
    Today I've aquired some Acapulco Gold feminised seeds from Hempology and decided Im going to log this grow.

Just started to germinate them using paper towel method, in a plastic sandwich container, so hopefuly will have a 100% germination rate.
    After they start giving out roots I will probably put them straight into coco mix.

Here's the equiptment,

Lights: 600w HPS, Marshydro 300w LED (+ going to add more leds on sides later in flowering)

Exhaust: big ass carbon filter with a silent extractor that mounts to the wall + insulated ducting

Air intake: a silent 120mm inlet fan with a bit of ducting lol

Etc: thermostat in addition with the inlet fan, timers for the lights, + some silver reflecting shit that goes on the walls.

Will post updates in 36 hours, if anyone is interested [​IMG]

Any suggestions are welcome!

2. Sounds good! But... 900watt (and maybe more), is that still micro? [​IMG]

Well, its only 6-8 plants (depends on how many i get from 8 seeds), and its not 900watt, its 600 hps which are true watts, and about 140true watts from that led. and yeh to me thats micro i reckon very much lol

4. Today I've decided to add some rhizotonic to the paper towel to have a better root.
    None of the 8 have germinated yet. Still waiting, hopefully once they pop rhizo will do its job right!

5. #5 V3t3r, May 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    DAY 2

Good news everyone, 2 days in and all of the 8 seeds have a taproot, looking very healthy.
    Rhizotonic in paper towel has done a good job!

Today I've transfered all of the seeds into plastic cups filled with Coco soil mix and slightly sprayed them with tap water + rhizotonic mix to boost root growth, and I've put them under 600w hps at about 80-90cm distance. 
    Also have a fan blowing in all of the directions at a low speed just to keep the temperature between 20-28C. 

Very soon its time for photos [​IMG]
    Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

6. #6 V3t3r, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    DAY 4

Transfered them in the closet last night, under a CFL 2700k warmwhite bulb, and this morning I woke up to this [​IMG] The ones at the back dont look too good to me, had that CFL bulb fallin onto one of the cups yesterday, and the other one has fallen out of my hands when sprayed them with a bit of feed.

Will probably keep them in the closet till the end of the week now.

Any suggestions are more than welcome!

Attached Files:

7. Nice babies man, keep up the good work! :)

8. Made sort of a reflective tent for them, two CFL's  + 600hps very far away.

Attached Files:

2 CFLs is more than enough for seedlings that size.

yeah, but my grow is in a cold basement, so i need an hps in another corner just to keep the temperature above 20C. Seedlings hardly see the HPS.

11. DAY 5

Doing very good, i think maybe tomorrow evening they gonna go into a proper pot, but a small one.

Attached Files:

12. They're off to a great start! :)

Could you do pics of your grow setup?

13. Hi v3t3r looking good man! Are you gonna use nutrients? What light cycles you are gonna use?

14. #14 V3t3r, May 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015

I will do, on monday [​IMG] As i've decided to rebuild it a little [​IMG] before the babies go in. So subscribe and see! Going to try and make this journal very detailed!

i already used canna rhizotonic on them, im just going to be using canna products like a&b, pk13/14, boost, cannazym and a few other steroids like big bud and overdrive [​IMG]
    and they're on 18-6 now and will probably stay like that for the next 4-5 weeks and then 12-12 into flower after 36 hours of darkness for another 4-5 weeks.

Great! I have heard some great stories about rhizotonic, wanted to buy it myself but it was a lot more expensive than biobizz's root juice, so I bought that one in stead. What is the height of your cabinet?

16. #16 V3t3r, May 16, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2015

Its about 2 meters high. Its not really a cabinet, its a basement, and I have a custom made tent out of that reflective felt for quick removal [​IMG] if you know what i mean. lol right now its about 3x2m but will be extended if needed.

Btw Rhizotonic is well worth it, used it for a few grows now, and the babies had no stress whatsover, from what i know its good for protecting them from stress.

Attached Files:

17. DAY 9

Removed the 600w HPS for now due to heat problems caused by an extractor that decided to stop working. Put them under 300w MarsHydro with Grow option switched on.
    Girls are looking good so far, had their first feed yesterday, so tomorrow I will probably feed them again.

Attached Files:

18. would it be anything like the acapulco gold from the 70s we all hear stories about?

Honestly I dont know, this is my first time growing acapulco gold, hopefuly its good :D

According to information from the seedbanks and grower reviews they say its the same strain but with a better quality then in the 70s. But sometimes those stories are nicer then the reality. I don't know :)