Think I might have grown weed?

Discussion in 'Security' started by KushSmokerKween_420, May 8, 2015.

1. So I bought a couple of flower pots and fertilizer and I started growing some flowers, and I was smoking some reallly good danky shit and I found some seeds. I said fuck it! Lets see if they grow. I found what appeared to be some sprouts? I googled what the baby sprouts look like and I think this is bud. I picked out the flowers and the roots, its just these plants left. So tell me, ,bud or not? And if so what can I do to keep them going

Attached Files:

2. #2 Zach, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    Thats weed right there for you, hopefully its a female. and you can start by getting new pots for both of them. You shouldn't put two plants in one pot, especially when its that small. Make sure you use soil that is good for the plants, isn't too wet that will over water them and cause root rot. Also most importanlty, get a good light ficture, at the very least a 60 watt one with a 60cfl with a 6500k or daylight type of color for right now that its vegging.. Make sure that you're soil doesn't have any fertlilizers or nutrients, seedlings dont need them since they're too young and it could burn or even kill them. 

Just look around the forum and read the stickies and you're good to go.

3. also, you've posted this in the wrong section.

4. #4 SomeRandomNewb, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    Yup that there be the ganja. Zach said a couple things i gotta disagree with. 1 60 actual watts (not equivelent watts) arent enough. Most awesome grows have 100 watts per plant but you can get away with 100 watts for the 1st plant and 50 watts for every plant after.  2. He said no nutrients in soil. All good soils have atleast enough nutrients in it to last up until 21 days. Just make sure to not get any soils with slow release nutrients thats a big no no. Also no miracle gro its a cannabis killer  If you dont have good soils your plant may start showing early deficiencies and you cant feed it because it will be to small to handle hand fed nutes hence the getting good soil to avoid this. 3 i agree with no 2 plants in 1 pot, but his following statement "especially at that age" should be "never at any age" plants will fight over nutrients which is bad. Roots get tangled, not able to grow to full capacity... the list goes on. And honestly since your not prepared at all you will have looots of problems. You need cannabis\\tomato friendly products. I highly highly suggest reading everything you possibly can and then more if your truly serious about this. CFLs may be the route for you so look into them. Good luck with your grow seetheart your gonna need it. Quote this with ur reply if u need n e help.

5. Also... way not enough soil and very small container. Most ppl start in solo cups filled to the brim with holes n the bottom for drainage. Read read and keep reading. Cant stress that enough

6. So how do they look? I've repotted them with new soil and they're actually getting bigger

Attached Files:

7. Oh yeah, that's weed right thur.

8. They look overwatered and in very non aerated soil. The white lil balls in your soil are perlite. A good mix is 70% soil 30% perlite. Most soils dont come with that much so many people buy soil and perlite and hand mix it. This aerated soil promotes healthy vigorous root growth. Which means if its growing good in the soil you can guarantee growth is going great above the soil. Unless of course your overwatering. Mary Jane while growing excels in wet/dry cycles. Which means water until you get 20% runoff from the pot its in then LITFA (leave it the fuck alone) until probably you can stick the 2nd knuckle of your pinky finger if not your entire pinky finger (concidering mine is probably bigger than yours) into the soil and its COMPLETELY dry.. not moist but dry. Then repeat. I recommend ordering Flora series nutes or fox farm or some general hydroponic nutes off amazon before 2 long prob week 3 you will need them. Use at 1\\4 recommended strength and work your way up. Also look into i think its earth juice cal\\mag. Cheap good calmag. Also dnt feed feed feed feed. Most newbs need to feed water water feed up until you get the feel for it and can understand what ur plants trying 2 tell you when and what its hungry for. Start a thread in the absolute beginners page and you will get help from seed-harvest from not only me but plenty of other experienced growers. Hope 2 see you there soon ill be keeping an eye out to help keep it going till it takes off.  

9. You might want to do a quick check on growing basics. Indoor/outdoor, lighting, soil, watering, ventilation, and drainage (your new pots don't look like they have holes). If you have the room/privacy, growing outdoors is great in the summer. It takes a lot less money and maintenance since Mother Nature takes care of most of the hard stuff. GOOD LUCK!

10. #10 The Tech Savvy Stoner, Jul 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015
  11. hope they went well and you got some dank of them!