Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Going to be doing a medical study, would appreaciate some help.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by CheechAndSchlong, May 8, 2015.

1. So I'm filling out an application they sent me for a sleep clinical study, and of course have you ever smoked MJ is a question, but the last 2 times I smoked was last week wed & thu(like 1.5 g) and the other time was three weeks before the last, so my question is with that scarce smoking, should the weed be out of my system by late may/june? I'm 6'0, 225.

2. What kind of test, hon? Oral swab? Urine? Hair? 

With an oral swab- no problems!

Urine test- if you don't smoke any more,  you should pass.  Urinate a few times before the test. Pee a little, take the sample, then finish up for the lowers possible concentation of THC-COOH.

Hair test- sorry, you will likely fail. [​IMG]

Detection time of regular THC use in urine shorter than often assumed      (news - 2006)
    http://www.cannabis-med.org/english/bulletin/ww_en_db_cannabis_artikel.php?id=213
    \nAccording to a review in the current issue of the journal Drug Court Review "it is uncommon for occasional marijuana smokers to test positive for cannabinoids in urine for longer than seven days using standard cutoff concentrations. Following smoking cessation, chronic smokers would not be expected to remain positive for longer than 21 days, even when using the 20 ng/mL cannabinoid cutoff." By using a cut-off of 50 ng/ml in drug screening assays the detection window would typically be not longer than ten days for regular users and between 3-4 days for occasional users.

The author, Dr. Paul Cary of the University of Missouri, noted that it is usually assumed by scientists, the legal system and users of cannabis that the use of cannabis is detectable in the urine by drug screenings 30 days or longer after last consumption. However, he points out that many studies that found a long detection time had major methodical weaknesses. The most serious of these limiting factors would be "the inability to assure marijuana abstinence of the subjects during the studies."

Despite these limitations of the available studies his analysis revealed that very long cannabinoid detection times (30 days or more) are rare. The average detection window for the THC metabolite THC-COOH in urine of regular cannabis users at a cut-off concentration of 20 ng/ml in the studies reviewed by Dr. Cary was 14 days. In many of the studies "only one single subject was the source of the maximum cannabinoid detection time." He concluded that "these rare occurrences have had a disproportional influence" on the perception on the length cannabis use can be detected in urine after last consumption.

About that "only one single subject was the source of the maximum cannabinoid detection time."   I have seen those studies with an "odd-ball" subject having dectectable THC-COOH after 45 days of supervised abstainence! So no smoking!