Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

ISO Hash Questions help Please

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by errrr, May 5, 2015.

1. Hi

new the forums :) long time reader

2nd post...lets go.

i used semi moist/wet ORGANIC weed that was used to make cold water hash to make ISO hash.

I let it soak for an hour and squeezed the ground up bud.

This is really dark, and nearly a week old. yielded was 2.5 grams from 112 grams that already made a bit over an eighth of dank 20,40,72,80,120,180 micron hash.

I noticed that the 72 micron bag is where the fatty pattys come from.. (Fat hash patties lol)

How? That's my question for the cold water hash.

For the ISO hash, my question is what's in this black hash I made? I understand it's basically the plant material and any possible plant nutrients.. It's not sparkling like it used to as of today, finally. Is there any way to cure this? I leave it in a humid room that is 90 degrees and it's hardly changing.

I used isopropyl 91% alcohol and expected this run to be dark due to the long soak.

I will def. soak any material for a long time if I want to get all the THC out..What's another reliable method? there's no sense in doing cold water hash from the same bud twice... Yes, you will get more. You're getting more and more plant material out and it gets less potent as you go on. This is why I think alcohol is a good idea.

sorry for the confusing (assumed) post I'm buzzed now

2. I have made my fair share of iso hash.  Longest I soaked for was a minute, and even that seems to long.  Best run I had was putting ground bud into a reusable coffee filter, pour iso over and have a disposable filter underneath.

But ever since I learned the rosin tech, I will never make another batch of iso hash.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Good idea. I will clean my piece soon but I need to clean my room!

Care to share any pics?

4. #4 errrr, May 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2015

my room, piece, garage and kitchen are clean may I see some of your rosin hahahaha

5. I don't have pics of my rosin...I will however throw some up in a week or two.  But trust me, can be as good of most shatters...I want some(lol) now so let me squish a few nugs and i'll post pics within the hour.  Brb[​IMG]

6. Alright squished a gram of pk and a 1.5 grams of bubba bc...delicious shatter.
    View attachment 156925
    View attachment 156926
    $20 hair straightener and a few minutes of my time I got some nice extracts...beats buying a $1000+ closed loop system for bho extraction.

7. so, you're trying to make qwiso right? i don't think you'll get much of anything worth smoking once you have tore up the tuberous inner structure of the plant. you'll pull all kinds of cellulose and shit out of it. 

you mentioned you let it soak for....how long?? dude, i make das kind qwiso. i soak it for no more then 15 to 20 seconds for the first two washes. the third i left go for 30 seconds. what i mean is this. with my bud frozen and in a mason jar, i add enough super cold ISO alcohol to cover the top of the bud by a 1/4 inch. then let it sit for 15 seconds. then i shake the living shit out of it for 15 seconds and strain. i do that for the first two washes and then the third was i do a 15  second soak followed my 30 second vigorous shake. i let the bud dry of all iso alcohol completely between washes.

the first wash is so clean and amazing it is..i just don't have words to describe it. the second wash is pretty amazing and the third i use to make hash out of. the third wash is far darker and if smoked on its own, while still potent, is kind of harsh and doesn't taste so good. so i mix it and make hand pressed hash out of it.

if you did soak that bud for an hour or something, your fucked. don't smoke what you end up with because it will be terribly bad. you definitely pulled all of the shit you don't want in your qwiso, into your qwiso. 

maybe i misunderstood what it is your trying to do exactly.

8. Why was your good patty in the 72u bag.  Well because that is what size heads you grew. I usually get a pretty even split between 90 and 73.  Some strains will produce full melt 120u.  Equtorial sativas will produce great 45, and 25 u bubble.  All strains are different.