Creatine questions

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by thehighkite, May 1, 2015.

1. lol a lot of misinformation already posted.

Care to elaborate? You could probably help some people out instead of leaving us guessing.

3. There is a plethora of information on it out there. There really is no reason for me to elaborate. Not everything posted so far is a myth, but im just saying. The one that stood out the most was comparing it to steroid use lol.

All ill say is for health concerns drink water all day long while supplementing it.

• Like Like x 4
    Lol yeah it used to be worse when it was less studied. People proclaiming it gave you roid rage and the like.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My experience with creative has been pretty awesome so far.

Taking it I just feel stronger and don't tire as quickly during the workout. I find that it really enhances my workout.

If you really want to get on it, you do a loading phase where you basically try to absorb a bunch in like a week or so.

Only annoying this is I hold on to like 3-5 lbs of water weight from it. It's not even noticeable so I really don't care lol

I tried the gnc brand and didn't really like it. I prefer the musclepharm creatine

6. Creatine literally works by drawing more water into the muscle cell, so while you do hold more water weight it sits inside the muscle and isn't really visibly noticeable other than it will help your muscles look fuller :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pretty ignorant comparisons considering they're 2 completely different things, but whatevs.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 3
  8. Thanks for all the info guys. About to pick up some micronized monohydrate. B)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Pffffffff creatine...

Get on dat dere tren....

Jk. Don't

Magnesium creatine chelate is another good one. Where did you get recommended CEE lol

That shit was debunked like 10 years ago

• Like Like x 3
  10. I was just reading online, but I'm glad I have a network like this to let me know shit like that. Thanks, man.

11. #32 Biltwellnigga, May 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2015
    No problem. You got any more questions feel free to Pm me

• Like Like x 1
  12. Creatine makes me cramp even if a drink a ton of water, I think it does work I just dont take it or protein shakes. EAT&LIFT

• Like Like x 1
  13. I haven't done much research into it.  But I stopped taking it after I got the general concept of what it does.  Adds water to your muscles which makes them bigger which makes you stronger, but your heart is a muscle...doesn't seem right to me.  Now I have read studies that it does not effect your heart, and I have read studies that say it does...better safe then sorry.

Creatine is a fairly new product and with new products comes zero long term studies.  Just my 2 cents, I don't care what you do to your body.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Creating is NOT a new product - it is in fact one of the oldest and most researched supplements on the market.

I do not know where you are getting your information from but there is absolutely ZERO peer reviewed studies that suggest creatine even remotely or indirectly has ANY effect on your heart. You could shovel it in all day and the only ill effect you might suffer is temporary stomach cramping and bloating.

Creatine is channeled into the muscle cell via insulin - insulin does not channel nutrients into your heart, even though it is a muscle. The brain is a muscle too, eating a high protein diet won't make it any bigger, just like taking creatine won't draw water into your heart.

There in fact has been long term studies and no credible peer reviewed research or anecdotal evidence even remotely suggests it could be harmful in the long term. Every time you eat a steak you are consuming some creatine.

I suggest you thoroughly check the source and credibility of your information before making such unhelpful claims.

Have a nice day :)

• Like Like x 1
    that's just wrong.

"adds water to your muscles"... [​IMG] ... 

-------

"Creatine is a molecule in an energy system (creatine phosphate) that can rapidly produce energy (ATP) to support cellular function. This underlies the performance enhancing and neuroprotective properties of creatine. Creatine is remarkably safe for most people and is a well-researched supplement."

creatine is one of the most well-researched supplements out there. it has benefits across many physical and even cognitive functions:
    - power output (increased)
    - fatigue (greatly reduced)
    - depression (notable improvement in relation to serotonin levels)
    - heart rate (no known influence)

http://examine.com/supplements/Creatine/ 

• Like Like x 2
  16. It does draw water to your muscles but that's not its main function. The main function is exactly what you said.

• Like Like x 2
  17. If I'm not mistaken, creatine actually does make you stronger. By loading your muscles with extra potential energy.

And the one time I used it I can attest it does work

-yuri

18. Here is some good info on creatine and it in conjunction with glutamine and whey.

www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2009/4/optimizing-muscle-health-with-whey-creatine-glutamine/page-01

19. Btw creatine has a multitude of other benefits besides just muscle/strength.