Classic Grow Fall 2015 Acapulco Gold, Maui Waui w/main-lining

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by mr.florista, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Sunday Shot Week 7

Attached Files:

2. #42 mr.florista, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 30, 2015
    Seven weeks into flower, my observation thus far, mainlining a mostly sativa strain will control growth, the Acapulco is measuring at 62inch, I suspect that without mainlining this plant would easily reach 78-80 inches, my record is a sour diesel #2 that reached 79 inches with no training. Because of the lankyness of this plant, all mains are being supported (might see the lines attached). Buds are fattening up nicely. I am running about 1100 ppm's @ 6.2pH. I am introducing for the first time, Earth Juice® Hi-Brix™ MFP which I've made into a tea. Meanwhile, the Maui did not like mainlining and or hydroponic as it reached a mear 28in., the buds look ok, frosting up nice but no where close to the acapulco. For mainlining, my best performers are OG Kush, Critical 2.0, El Alquimista and Big Budda Cheese.

Attached Files:

3. I am doing a seedsman white widow mainline next grow I'll let you know how she likes it!

4. End of week 7, fat n frosty!

Attached Files:

5. Week 9 starts, buds are swelling, 3.5 in. dia. bud thus far. I'm figuring this Acapulco will go 11-12 weeks.

Attached Files:

6. Nice big buds!

How tall were these when you put them into your flowering tent, and how tall are they now?

7. I switch my plants to flower as soon as I have my eight stalks established for main lining. My plants are usually about 12 inches tall. They grow another 2-3 feet in height, depending upon the strain.

8. Looking beautiful. Subbed

9. Day 50 into bloom, Digi pics!

Attached Files:

10. Thanks for the reply I was just wondering for I just did one of my plants from seed and didn't come out like yours at all but still able to obtain the type of effect I should have reread the nugs thread but imma watch yours for a min I got a ice I want to do it to cause I don't want it to get out of control,

My 1000 watt only sits 5 feet off the ground so...

KHALI's first grow
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1388184-Khali-first-grow-project

second grow
    ice &afghani grow
    http://forum.grasscity.com/index.php?/topic/1391811-Khali's--ICE-&-Afgani#1

11. I start flower stage when the plant is about 16in., the Acapulco is currently at around 63 in. Not to bad for a sativa, most indica's will stay below 45in. What I've discovered is if you don't mainline it as outlined, you still have success with it. It took me a while to get it where I wanted it, it's all about replicating procedure on each main, I start with one main and work clockwise around the plant. Now, sativa strains will be the most difficult, as these tend to grow secondary branches as opposed to the Christmas Tree shape you see from indica's. What I have also discovered, is the mains will droop as the buds get heavy, I keep the mains supported with a line attached via a binder clip, see photo, green arrows pointing to fishing line.

Attached Files:

12. Man I can't wait until my flowers are at this stage. I'm hoping my issues won't effect my over all product too much.

13. A Happy New Year!
    Flushing has begun!

Attached Files:

14. Have you harvested yet?

15. Monday eye candy, day 80.....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  16. The end has come, 84 Days flower, a total of 114 days. Extremely long, which is why most growers avoid this strain, the Maui grown with it had issues from the beginning, I attribute this to the recirculating system as it's nutrient needs were not met. The Acapulco did very well with main-lining and was given the attention. Pictured are the mains anlong with yield. The Acapulco reached about 58 inches, where the Maui come in at 28 inches. Yield from the Maui was 92 grams, Acapulco is in the drying stage.

Attached Files:

17. Nice stems on your main line training - all very even with the others. Great looking harvest. I'll be curious to know your final dry trimmed bud weight. Nice job!

18. I have the cure, week 2, yield at this point, Acapulco Gold, 286g - Maui 93g. Acapulco Gold 84 day flower, Maui 73 day flower.
    Lighting- 1-400w HPS, 2-300w(170 actual) LED
    Nutrients - GH FloraGro, GH Flora Bloom, GH Calmagic, Earth Juice Catalyst, Earth Juice MicroBlast, Earth Juice Molasses (for hydro), Botanicare HydroGuard, Botanicare SilicaBlast, Epson Salt.
    The downside, the Maui did terrible, growth and yield wise, the smoke is fine, fine. I ran a recirculating system and could not dial in the nutes to please them both, so the Acapulco was the one I catered to. So I will return to stand alone buckets when growing different strains, the Acapulco is the largest yielding plant I've grown to date, my average is 157g.
    This is the first time I've used the three earth juice products, very happy with them, so they will return on the next grow, I may go back to Botanicare KIND base nutrients, and see if there is a difference between it and GH. See you all next grow!

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Glad to see your high yield. Hoping for the same on mine. She's about half way through her flower and she's looking gooood

Attached Files: