Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Smoking while sick. Better or worse for sickness?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Indiana_Chase, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Hi guys ive been smoking pretty heavy this last year probably 2-3 grams a day. I recently just got the flu i think. I have a fever cold and hot sweats etc.. In your guys opinion is it better to smoke while sick or a take a few day break for my sickness to past?

2. Definitely better. I did it a while back when I had multiple respiratory problems and it's about the only thing that made me feel better. Smoke smoke smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I don't think that there is any clear cut science on the issue. The irritation caused by smoking could prolong your flu, but the fact that it will help you sleep and potentially ease your stomach problems to help you eat could shorten your flu duration. Hope you feel better! 

4. i get real high if i smoke when sick

don't think it helps any though

5. When ever I'm really sick smoking just makes me realize my symptoms worse, and I feel like it takes me longer to get better. Just my body and my opinion, cheers!

-Your point is as pointless as describing colors to a blind man.-

6. I haven't been sick since I started cannabis  not even a cold this winter (first time ever) but I know when my IBS flares up or I am just not feeling well it does wonders.

7. Yeah i agree with you when i have smoked with a cold before i just felt more sick. Thanks for the input though.

8. It depends on your sickness
    I couldnt smoke on the flu, would make me feel pretty shitty, couldnt breathe through nose, sometimes congested me in my throat.
    However vaping at low temps i would recommend you try, got my mucus out nicely and felt cleaner

:smoking:

9. If im throwing up oe nauseous ill smoke a j or hit a bowl. But normally i smome bkunts but i think the wrap is too much for me when im sick. But green doesnt help me toi much with a cold stuffy nose cough etc except it helps me sleep through it

10. Depends.

I have a nasty head cold right now. The thought of being high right now is repulsive to me.

That said, if there are times I feel nauseous, it certainly helps to manage that very fast. 

11. I have a nasty cold right now and just smoked. It made my naseua go away, gave me a little energy, and cleared my headache...

🍁

12. I've smoked while sick with the cold. I feel like it prolonged it because I usually get over it in about ten days but it lasted a little over two weeks. But that's anecdotal. Frankly I think smoking will make you not care you're sick, but physiologically I don't see how it would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Personally I dont think it helps since youre pulling smoke into your lungs while you already have a weak immune system.

Though I smoke a hit or two out of a bubbler or bong even when I'm sick to make me feel a little better.
    It's probably best to vape or eat weed when your sick.

Though I bet taking a break until you're fully recovered would be the wisest option.

14. does a squirrel love to juggle nuts?

fuck yes smoke when youre sick, makes me feel normal and focuses on the high instead of the sickness, although since i started reguarly smoking weed 2.5 years ago, i rarely get as sick as i did in the past (used to get sick once a month but now maybe twice a year and not as severe)

15. I don't think it's good to smoke period while sick, irritating your throat and lungs if you have a respiratory tract infection might make the flu last longer. However, the relief from MJ while sick cannot be denied. It can take away muscle pain, clear your head and just put you in a better mood which all contribute to getting better. If you have a strain that produces more of a cotton mouth effect than others, you're sinuses suddenly dry up and congestion goes away much like if you took a decongestant. I've tried it while sick and I definitely do not get a normal high.

16. I feel it prolongs recovery a bit but makes it more tolerable.  I smoke when sick.

17. I've always noticed the bronchial dilation effect of marihuana waaaay more when sick than at any other time.
    oftentimes I'll be so sick that just regular breathing has got me wheezing and the second I get a hoot in me and all the coughs dealt with, I can actually breathe freely and get some sleep. with upper chest infections I have no idea how I ever survived before I smoked pot. and generally when I get ill this is the sort of thing that ails me. I very rarely get woozy or nauseous when I'm ill.

18. Smoking while sick ----> makes me wonder if the weed kicked in or if it's just a sickness feeling.