2015 New England Outdoor Grow

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by Joint.Effort, Apr 16, 2015.

1. nice pics man, my swamp spot is pretty similar. You got them in the water at all or no? weather looking nice for a while though.

Yeah swamps are going to be a life saver this year if this drought keeps up. Right now my pots are sitting in about a half inch of water or less, I water them until the tap root reaches the bottom of the pot usually. 

3. #43 sully508, May 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2015
    i grew into nov. last year w/ no cold issues or mold. im on cape cod. only mold resistent strains,indicas.

Nice what strains you running if you don't mind me asking?

5. im growing spontanica from KC Brains. this is a very large plant. grows over 4 meters. i ordered 12 reg seeds `from bonza seeds they sprouted on 3-29. i got 6 healthy females. they are almost 3 feet now. this plant was breed for outside. mold and pest resistant. 
    i also got 8 reg. AK seeds. i got 2 out of 4 females. they're from world of seeds. i had 3 feminised seeds 2 super skunks and a chemdawg.
    im currently pulling clones from all strains. i will then put the spontanicas outside except for 1. she'll be inside my grom tent being a mother plant along w/ the clones and an AK. 
    ill be flowering into november because i live on the ocean. the water temp. dictates the air temp. its usually in the 50's maybe 40's at night. im hoping to be harvesting in mid Oct. which is the usual time for a hybrid. a sativa w/ a longer flowering period would not make it. no way. sativas have a hard time. thats why i dont grow them, unless its inside, but the electric bill would be very high and the plant would be to tall for inside. indicas do very well. peace. ill try to get some pics up here.

6. #46 Joint.Effort, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    Sounds like you've got a pretty solid plan going out on the coast. I'm interested to see some pictures of where you grow, I've been to the cape before and the terrain is much different then where I'm from. Cool that your micro climate allows you to grow your plants for so long.

Best of luck to you my friend!

7. #47 sweettrees, May 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 22, 2015
    Might try the beer trick for the slug repellant. Great pic and thank you for sharing. This is a pest I will need to manage as I'm in swampland alsio. If it floods you could easily lose your crops. I have mine on a platform I made. I'm getting killed by Mosquitos lately as I think it's mating season. Damn swamps filled with them. I made a toilet near mine so I can use my human waste. Also feeding it rock dust when she's older.

8. One of my smaller ones at the time. Put out at one of my spots for a week now. I think it more than doubled in size..... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432491271.785793.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432491294.132699.jpg

9. Hey Scootz7 I hope you are not leaving her in the shady area that I see. Direct light is 1000000 x better than indirect sunlight. And the difference will show in the long run. Don't expect huge growth spurts like that later on if indirect sunlight is all she gets. Get her in a direct sun path. You will yield way more. Hopefully it's a she also

10. Yes the first 5 I put out were kind of testers or what I thought were not my strongest. I have the stronger ones now put out in the same area but scattered in sunnier spots under camo. What do ya think?.... ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432520812.704279.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432520860.371372.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432520883.154034.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432520906.437210.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432520935.771234.jpg

11. I would recommend clearing away a lot of other live plants that are within a foot of your girl as the roots from them will deprive your girl of water and other valuable nutrients. Not to mention if the plants/growth from the surrounding camo gets taller it will creat shade on your girl. I had to clear a lot of brush for my spot as there were vines and stupid trees covering my spot.

Attached Files:

12. Cool. Thanks. I'm actually going to put them in to grow bags under camo soon so they won't be directly in the ground. Actually I may try one right in so thanks for the feedback!

13. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432567467.832566.jpg m ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1432577908.295778.jpg
    Do you see how strange this one is growing?

I agree with sweettrees, clear a one foot radius around your plants so it doesn't get overtaken by the surrounding vegetation. The one thing i'll ad to that is use all the plants you cut down for mulch or you'll be left with a big dirt circle around your plants and thats no good for helicopters or even rippers. 

Your plants look good for how early it is, so keep up the good work. And make sure you transplant those things into the ground eventually. They'll end up getting root bound and dry out extremely fast if it doesn't rain. 

15. Thanks guys!!

16. Took all your advice. Pics to come soon

17. There are pros and cons for planting in the ground. Especially in New England. I would try 1 in the ground and 1 above. Only because if it rains for 2-3 dayslus a cold spell. That would be a recipe for death. So definitely all about location. Here where I am. I plan on keeping my bitches all above. Weather too unpredictable here. As long a a they are in huge pots/buckets with perlite and plenty of holes you should be safe. Plus you can move them to shady spots when you want to flower them. Animals will attack your bitches more if they are in the ground also. I see a brighter side to keeping them in pots above ground. Warmer. Better for root growth. Your call Scootz7

Also I've been in my forest the last couple days. And damn I come out with 100 mosquito bites. It's mating season. Fack

18. Sweettrees I like your approach. I actually have 9 plants right now. Moving to bigger pots soon but I may put one or 2 in the ground. And yes. I'm covered head to toe in mosquito bites. They have been relentless out there.

19. Hey Joint,  good luck on your grow this year.  Its great to see more New England swamp growers.  Seems like you've got a good plan going, I'll check out your old grows.