Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How many of you would say Weed ISNT a drug?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by bigtee212, Feb 8, 2007.

1. Magic happy feeling smoky herb? Yes. Drug? yeah but, so what. Narcotic? maybe. Hazardous? Not even close.

2. :D

It isn't intented to be ownage, although I realise asome might see it that way.

I just think it is important to be dispell bullshit, or we will never see cannabis decriminalised.

Sad fact is, a lot of people read erowid, think that qualifies them as some kind of a drug tsar, then balk at every fact I post that they either were not aware of, or don't like the sound of. Enlightened discussion, whether one ilkes it or not, takes the rough with the smooth; ignoring the rough just confirms to the anti-pot brigade what they already think they know - that stoners are ignorant, unquestioning, biased, naive, and basically a bit fick.

In short, if you ignore the fact that cannabis is a drug, and as such, does have potential side-effects, you need to be taken outisde and shot.

3. in this sense:

- A substance used in the diagnosis, treatment, or prevention of a disease or as a component of a medication.

then yes, it is a drug.

in this sense:

- A chemical substance, such as a narcotic or hallucinogen, that affects the central nervous system, causing changes in behavior and often addiction.

not so much.

..kind of crazy how the word 'drug' can have such a bipolar meaning.

4. cocaine comes from a plant buddy.

5. it could be argued till everyone is blue in the face, here is the jist of it. the term drug is up for debate. . . weed is matter than contains an intoxicant, thats the barest definition of it. so if that falls into your definition of a drug then fuck it weed's a drug, but if it doesnt then call it whatever you want. im gonna smoke it all while your busy talking :smoking:

6. imo it is not a drug. because society has deemed it a drug does not mean it is. drugs to me are things that could infact hurt your body or kill you. bud will only help you if you use it right. such as eatting it or vap. but if people say its a drug then they have to say eating any other plant leave is a drug as well.

7. Just to add some technicality to this debate:

drug (noun) 1. a substance used as a medicine 2. an illegal substance taken for the effects is has on the body

Origin: Old French 'drogue'.

(Source: Oxford English Dictionary)

8. Fixed.