Seedling humidity dome conditions?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DEA Raider, Apr 12, 2015.

1. #1 DEA Raider, Apr 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2015
    Whats up everyone, new here and looking forward to posting a journal of my OP and probably some tutorials in the future.

I germinated 4 white widow skunk seeds in my paper towel 2 days ago and transferred them to rockwool last night. I put them in my humidity dome under my 600w MH light, running at 75 percent. My problem is, I cant keep the domes internal temp. under 84-86 degrees. I'm sure by pulling the light back even further (its already ~2 feet or more away from cubes) I could cool it down... but still maintain proper lighting to the seeds?

My main questions here are: How hot can a humidty dome be without potentially damaging the seeds/seedlings, and how many lux/lumens should the cubes be receiving? I have a good lux meter and they are receiving about 20k at the top of the dome.. THANKS!

2. What is the purpose of the humidity dome? is there any green showing yet? If so then the plants need to breathe and should have constant flowing air for them to be able to do so 

3. Yeah I'd only use a humidity dome for clones.

Thanks for the info guys, I had read the seedlings like the humidity provided by the dome but it has since been removed.