Fullmeltalchemists perpetual 1400W DWC

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by foolmelt, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Flipped to flower today, hoping to get this crop done in June to make room for my perpetual G13xHashplant and Purple OG #18 grow. I'm going to buy either a 4x4 or 2x2 tent for the mothers and put the 400w MH in there and put the 1000w HPS back in the 4x8 with a bigger extractor. It will be a slow process getting it all together while financing this grow and paying a mortgage but I hope someone wants to come along for the ride and watch my hydro system evolve. I already have plans and half the parts for recirculating buckets with chillers on the external res', I'll hopefully have that up and running in the next 2 weeks so I can use the HPS and keep my plants somewhat cool. Doing good with the 400w and hood at a steady 75. Here are some pics of the plants going into flower, with the little Hashplant seedling popping out of its rockwool cube. This one with be a 12/12 from seed experiment to see what it likes as far as nutes before I grow one out to use as a mother.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Picked up a 70lpm airpump, h202 and come CalMax today. I found an awesome hydro store downtown so I make any excuse I can to got there, the staff has been crazy helpful and the store owner is chill as fuck. Everyone there smokes so always a chill environment. And back to the plants, I threw the 1000w back in the tent and I'm scratching my head as to how I'm going to keep it cool. I cant decide on a design for my chillers and if I want to do a sealed environment and vent the light or the whole tent. Suggestions?

3. Day 4 of 12/12. Somebody in the tent is getting stinky but no pistols yet.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Moved the tent out to the garage because my house holds heat too well, temps were getting into the 90s. Now my res temps are 55 and the tents at 72, couldn't do much better if I had a temp controller. I hope it stays cool in there for a while, probably wont get too hot until June and by then the first crop will be ready and I can buy another extractor fan.

5. 2 weeks into 12/12 and preflowers are just starting to show, no pistols yet but I see some calyxes I think. They could be nut sacks but these seeds are from a hermie so I think they have a high female ratio(about 85% female/herm during past grows).

6. Biggest plant is finally shooting out pistols, the rest should follow suit soon. My hashplant finally has roots coming out of the net pot, I was worried it was trapped in the rockwool and its already showing nitrogen deficiency(probably didn't soak rockwool long enough). Should I add a low dose of grow formula?

7. #28 TheAnswer121, May 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2015
    might do good to hit it with a small dose, i'd say 250 ppm

hell, i start some seeds at around the 200 mark these days. they love it and sprout up in days

8. Tried to get some decent shots of the preflowers, lots on the tops hidden in the leaves but I have no macro lens to show them to you.
    The big mother fucker is nice and happy, I cleaned the res and upped the nutes to 800 today. Added 200ppm of NovaGrow to the seedling, hopefully it percs up. I have more seeds that can be started in 18/6, but I still need to setup my other grow room with the MH light and cloner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. Just went into the garage and realized my airpump had been disconnected from the manifold and was doing nothing for the last couple hours, plants don't seem to have noticed.

10. Cold temperatures and root stimulation:
    Every time my res temps get below 50 my plants grow handfuls of bright white roots, anyone else experience this?
    It's been fairly cold the last few days and my grow room is at 60 today with the 1000w HPS. Should I turn my fans off?

11. Wow 50! I've never had mine that cold. I'd be nervous much under 55, because I think that's roughly what underground temps maintain. I could be totally wrong too. 
    Seems like you're having good problems...
    As long as you're exchanging the air, you pry don't need much blowing around in the tent.

12. I got the temps up a bit by turning the hood fan off. At this time of year its either grow in the cold garage or install the air conditioner in the house suspiciously early and deal with another $30 on the power bill. I'd rather grow lots of roots and let my plants go purple.

13. Plucked 2 males, 2 confirmed females(not including the fem Hashplant which has no preflowers yet)

14. My plants are looking great but I'm a little concerned about the condensation that build up on the undersides of my leaves at night. They aren't too far into flowering yet so it might not be a problem(about to get warmer at night) but I was wondering if I should increase air circulation at night, or put a little heater in the tent for the next 2 weeks.

15. #36 TheAnswer121, May 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
    yea man, they can sweat a lot at lights out, gotta keep that air moving.

even a small clip on fan may be sufficient, where's that little black one from your last post?

16. A small heater might be good too. If it's 60 with lights on, it must get pretty cold during lights out.

17. I usually point it under my biggest plant, but I think I'll need a couple more.

18. wouldn't this cause more issues though. gonna make the air very dry and eventually will have to exhaust that anyway. can't have stagnant air for 12 hours

i'm no pro with ventilation, so that's more of a question than a statement

or one pointing directly over the canopy

19. Yeah, supposed to get cold balls tonight I think I'll set one up just incase