Encounter with homeless woman and her friend at a McDonalds

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Mid man, Mar 31, 2015.

1. #21 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Yea looking bad should have just spent the extra 30 minutes to call the cops and wait for them to arrive and get her to leave, 99.99% of restaurants don't let people solicit for change on their property lol. I highly doubt she had any intentions to hurt me, but you never know, and when it happens you can't take it back

2v1, they are more determined than me, why would I even bother engaging in a altercation with those odds? I would have to be fucking retarded. 

2. OP no disrespect man but based on what I read you seem like a very judgmental individual.

You just don't treat people like that regardless of their status, how could you possibly sure that she was a meth head? someone talks to you and you just brushed them off like based of assumption?

I don't care how much of a bitch you look like, I am pretty sure those ladies weren't going to mess with up, if someone treated me the way you did I would definitely be pissed as well.
    All you had to say was "Sorry, I don't have any change" and I believed she would have thanked you and leave, but the fact that you answered and just brushed her is very disrespectful.

You said you try not to be racist, but be true to yourself you only acted in this manner because they were black.

And I would advice you not to go around pulling knives first at other people, people get shot for free these days so please don't give someone a reason to pop you by pulling a knife out, not smart.

3. #23 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    are you fucking serious? Are you seriously going to pull the race card here? Did you even read the thread?

Are you that shallow that you can't realize that I told you she and the rest of the restaurant was black to give you some context? A white kid wearing a button down and khaki appearing to be upper class enters a establishment with lower class people that happen to be black, you don't see something out of place here? You SERIOUSLY don't see how I'm sticking out like a sore thumb? Since you probably seem to think only white people can be racist, let me reverse the roles: A middle class black man walks into a bar filled with lower class people who happen to be white. No, let me take it a step further so that it can be equivalent: a bar filled with lower class white trailer trash. There. Now you understand the concept.

She had rotten teeth and wrinkles on her mouth, and is asking me for change are you seriously telling me she is not using drugs? You don't just magically get rotten teeth from not brushing your teeth, unless you forget for 30 years straight. She blocked the fucking exit with her friend and told me there were no cameras. But nooo I pulled my knife because she was black right? Are you seriously justifying their threats because I didn't want to give them money to fuel their addiction? Get the fuck out of here.

Yea, maybe I was kind of a dick and brushed her off(like beggars aren't used to people brushing them off..). I may not have dealt with many beggars but shit I know the drill. It's simple. You say no and either they walk away or make you feel guilty. I probably shouldn't have pulled out my knife, even though I firmly believe she didn't approach me again because she saw it. I get it. Now I know, I should have just called the cops. But guess what, she fucked off and I'm glad she did and nobody got hurt. How dare you come on here with some bullshit racist accusation 'because she was black'. You don't even know me. I don't give a shit what color you are, I don't give a shit what your background is, if 2 people who have NOTHING to lose block only exit and try to intimidate me by saying' there are no cameras' you better fucking bet I'm going to think somethings up. 

I'm not going to believe that she blocked the exit because I didn't give her change, that's some bullshit.  No beggar without a malicious motive would do shit like that. Beggars ask for money and move the fuck on when people say no WHICH IS ALL THE TIME. They ask hundreds of people everyday it's not like they are not accustomed to people saying no or MUCH worse then simply walking away. 

It pisses me off when people think that I'm some dick because I refuse to give them change. Sorry, but if you give them cash you are getting played. They are manipulating you into feeling sorry for them when in reality they don't give a shit about you, they just want your money to buy drugs, otherwise they would be asking you for food/cloths. It's the sad truth and some people just don't get it. That's what addiction does to people. If you want to help people like this then you don't give them fucking money. 

4. I really want to be immature and namecall because its soo much easier but I won't.
    I personally believe you were high and over assessed/ overreacted.
    Race aside...You do NOT pull anything unless your staring danger in the face.
    Especially if its two meth mouthed ladies...

5. Homeless, poor folks may not have regular access to medical care, dental care, a roof and everyday hygiene utensils that many of us take for granted. How do you know the difference between a homeless person who may have been laid off for awhile versus a crack addict? Both types of people need help. The road in getting one's life back on track is a constant struggle.

Instead of pulling out a knife in fear of a beggar with poor dental hygiene, perhaps you could have offered that poor lady the meal you had gotten for your friend? I'm sure your friend would understand and feel incredibly proud to know someone as kind and compassionate as you. A bit of compassion is a weapon more profound than any blade.

If you can't grasp the concept of compassion, try some prudence. If you feel threatened, ask the store manager for assistance. The inconvenience of doing the prudent thing is better than the inconvenience of getting arrested because you pulled a blade on someone or got into an altercation because of your attitude. The police could have taken that poor woman to jail and placed in a rehabilitation program by a judge.

Complaining about being afraid of people you look down on because you perceive them to be lowly, panhandling drug addicts is a tad hypocritical since you were high yourself.

Watch what it is like to be a panhandler in America:

6. I was really happy being homeless then had kids n hadta git serious

7. Should've been like move bitch get out the way..

8. Hit the gym a bit and become a man, my 4 yr old nephew can stab someone. Next time just give them some money like this avoid this situation altoghether instead of going into pussy mode.

9. Shit man, you really think you're gonna stab some lady who's intimidating you? Homeless ladies friend would go all ape shit screaming about how you just stabbed her friend and allll the folk in the restaurant would come out to check the scene...I picture some khaki'd up white kid stammering at an angry mob about no, no she was trying to rob me and boom next thing you know there's boots in your face and you're just another Worldstar video. The best weapon you've got in this scenario (if they were actually intent on doing you harm...big if) is your legs, fucking run Forrest, crackheads can't run for shit.

10. #31 Fakir, Mar 31, 2015
    i feel bad for thehomeless ppl if its their own fault or not. they got it hard and sleepin shelters that are basically crackhouses with crazy ppl sleeping next to you

so when i get asked for change i talk to them as i would anyone else and give if i can afford to give change,if i cant i look them in the eye and say honestly sorry my friend i dont have,have a nice day

no homeless ever got angry with me, if anything they smile.

but yeah i understand your actions in that particular situation cuz yeah she prolly felt dissed and probably went a little loco,probably also drugs in her system.

11. #32 Omega369, Mar 31, 2015
    You aren't a dick for refusing to give them change, just disrespectful for brushing her off like she isn't human and by judging her. Situation probably could have been avoided if you didn't treat her like scum.

[​IMG]

12. Lmao. At your size you shouldn't even carry a knife. Just begging someone to snatch it from you and put a hundred holes in you with it. Also, saying you're not racist and then saying how you looked rich because everyone else looked poor and black sounds...well...racist.
    You overreacted probably because you were high. Just be careful and don't pull any more knives.

13. #34 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    How is that hypocritical of me? I'm not a drug addict, I'm not blocking people from exiting buildings. If you read the OP you would know this lady was 25-35. Even if she hadn't brushed her teeth a day in her life she couldn't have gotten teeth that rotten. You know somebody is using when the see teeth that bad in a person that's so young. I'm not trying to degrade her, but I'm telling you that because addicts get desperate, and they don't fuck around. Not all of them, but after blocking the exit her and her friend didn't give me a reason to think that they were just looking for change.

Your acting like me saying no gives her an excuse to block the exit, which isn't even why she did it. Beggars get turned down hundreds of times a day I wasn't any different. She blocked the exit because she thought I was an easy target because I looked like a young, middle class kid. Any harmless homeless person (which is most of them, I'm not fucking scared of homeless people lol, I'm scared of desperate people) wouldn't try to block somebody from exiting a restaurant and telling them there are no cameras, acting like you are going to rob them. That's sketchy as fuck. That doesn't sound like a harmless person to me whether or not they intended to do anything. Harmless beggars say god bless or walk away and move on. 

IDGAF if you call me a dick for brushing her off because I sort of was. But racist? No. Please don't call me racist lol, that's low. 

14. This, this is exactly what I was talking about, you are not only a racist, you are very idiotic and childish as well.
    You entered an establishment and then proceeded to judge everyone in there calling them lower class black people, and you thought you were better than them and call yourself a middle white kid?
    You see black people inside and you instantly felt threatened because according to you they are not on your level.

You also have an ignorant personality, maybe you have some mental condition (No disrespect to people with mental illness) but no one in there right mind would act the way you acted, when the khakis and button down shirts make you upper class? is that even suppose to mean something here? I go to work with khakis and button down shirts and have never considered myself upper class, and I am pretty sure there are others in this community that go to work with khakis as well, oh this guy is wearing khakis so he should get a special treatment.

And another why I said you are an idiot, you the lady blocked the door, and then posted I quote "this lady just moved the McDonalds trashcan to force me to exit through the other door so I went to the other door and moved the trashcan to find out the door is locked (As I was thinking later the employees probably locked the door getting ready to close because it was late)."
    How did the lady came by to lock the doors? you assumed the lady put the trashcan there to block you and at the end when you try to leave there you noticed the door was actually locked and it not just because the trash can was there, it obvious that the employees locked it.

Also I would refrain from calling them beggars, the lady didn't ask you to give them money, she asked for change and there is a huge difference between the two, and also went another level and said they have nothing to lose to, I don't know how ignorant you are but anyone with a common sense can easily see the wrong here.

And also say, there is not guarantee that she says something about no cameras, you are not even sure on what she said, you said I quote "(couldn't understand much of what she said mainly because I walked right back in as soon as I saw her) about she said something about 'no cameras'"
    So yeah once again your in the wrong, and I am pretty sure you just made that up because your mind was messing with you.

So yeah I just said that, you are a racist ignorant prick.

Let see, because based of what you wrote it didn't seem like she blocked the door.

Yep she didn't, the employees did.

16. #37 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    Nice straw manning the hell out of my paragraph there.

I never said I was better than them. I never said I felt threatened by them (the people, not the lady). I never said wearing khaki pants makes me upper class(which I'm not, by the way).

What I did say was:

The whole establishment was black and I was white. << I'm sticking out, obviously why she targeted me. It was OBVIOUSLY a lower class area and i APPEARED to be upper class. It was pretty obvious I wasn't from the area. That has nothing to do with degrading black people. Stop straw manning. You are the one who is drawing the conclusion black = poor. Not me. 

Do you understand the concept of a out of towner sticking out now? Your completely missing this point and say 'OMG MID MAN IS A RACIST PRICK BECAUSE HE SAID THE ESTABLISHMENT IS FILLED WITH POOR BLACK PEOPLE". You act like poor black areas don't exist, and by acknowledging they exist is racist. There are poor black areas, there are poor white areas, there are poor hispanic areas, the whole fucking point there is to give you some background and I'm going to tell you again: Just like a black kid entering a white trash trailer park I stuck our like a soar thumb.

If she was so harmless then why the fuck is she blocking the exit with her friend? You have failed to answer this question, it doesn't fucking matter if the employees blocked the other exit, the point is that she is blocking the ONLY exit.

Please enlighten me on how blocking the exit with her friend makes her harmless. That doesn't sound like something a harmless person would do, a harmless person would have left. << please enlighten me here.

I put the important things in bold so you read them instead of straw manning. If your going to strawman my paragraph again, I'm going to report your post for trolling. 

17. Cool story.

Why didn't you just move the garbage can out of the way and exit where you entered?  You let customers tell you that you can't leave out a certain entrance?

18. #39 Mid man, Mar 31, 2015
    It was locked, the only exit was 'occupied' by this lady and her friend. I didn't even try to step out the door, I opened it and she was in the doorway waiting for me and started talking (she stepped towards me) and that's when I went right back in (obviously I'm not going to push this lady out of the way) and tried to move the trash can to find out the door was locked (by the employees).

Apparently I pulled my knife because she was black, but it was really because she was up to no good. Otherwise she wouldn't be blocking the exit with her friend. We have already established on this thread that I should have just called the cops, but some people seem to think that I'm a racist prick and pulled my knife on her because she was black. Yea, that was it lmao. 

Real talk right here.  What a breath of fresh air to read something like this on GC.

Much Respect to you Cannabelle!  One Love