(pics)Just planted my seeds and clones. Do you mind reviewing my method. 1st grow ever (organic outdoor)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by WannaGonnaBeFarmer, Mar 30, 2015.

1. #1 WannaGonnaBeFarmer, Mar 30, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    I have about 18 grape kush s1 femenized seeds by moxie seeds&extracts.
    10 of them so far successfully germinated already (8 on the 28th, 2 today), and expect the rest to pop tomorrow.

My last bag of soil is gonna be here tomorrow, so I planted the current seeds in a mix of Ancient Forest humus soil from General Organics .5CF, 16 quart bag of Black Gold, and 12 quarts of fox farm ocean forest. The soil was a bit high on the PH scale, so I lowered its PH using 1/3rd a bag of Canadain sphagnum peat moss. I mixed in less then half a pound of Azomite rock dust to that to help with minerals and i read it helps the roots, and some Clay Pebbles to help retain moisture and water.

I planted each seed in its own 1 or 3 gallon black pot, the soil was moist / not that dry so I didn't presoak it. I planted each seed basically a little more then my picky finger tip/fingernail into the soil. Then I put some azomite rock dust on top of the soil (not much, just a quick even spread.). I put about 1-5ml of water on the spot the seed was actually planted to ensure the seed was moist/wet. And watered around the edge of the pot so when it does start rooting, it will start searching for water further out towards the pot.

I only put 1-5ml of water around the seed so it has to look for water some where else eventually once it gets big enough. They're gonna be outdoor plants, I have them in my greenhouse.

I'm using distilled water with the PH between 6-7 (6.5 usually)
    Soil PH is about 6.3-7. Haven't fed any nutrients yet besides what the soil has and the azomite.

My questions:

Am I doing everything good so far?

How long till they start showing up out of the soil, I assume up to a week from the day they hit the soil?

My greenhouse with the windows open ranges from 82 early day to 116 midday (I've even seen it at 121), are these safe tempretures?

My plants are probably getting about 8 hours of direct sunlight (maybe a little less.) so far everyday,
    The sun comes up around 6am, my plants get direct sunlight around 10am, and stop getting direct sunlight around 6pm , maybe a little earlier. and the sun is gone by 8 to 9 usually.
    Is this good or bad? I think its a bit bad because I assume they want more light. But will my plant still grow?
    Obviously the more sunlight, the better the plant, but will this little sunlight be not enough for my plants?

When can I start feeding them nutrients? i was planning about 2 weeks after they sprout out of the soil.

I'm trying to be as organic as possible with this also, this is my 1st season and my next season I'm planning on attempting veganics.

I know the days depend on when the plant starts flowering, but how many weeks are each cycle?
    Like how many weeks till it is suppose to start flowering, and how many weeks after flowering am I suppose to flush it and cut the buds off?
    I'm in Southern California by the way and this spring equinox was a week ago, not sure if any of that helps haha.

Thanks everyone!.

Here are some pictures, sorry about the quality I screenshotted the pictures off a snapchat a friend took for me when my phone was dead.
    The ones that look tall are the clones, the seeds I planted couldn't get that tall that fast haha.
    The smaller ones are obviously the seeds. 
    My bad again about the picture quality. 

Attached Files:

2. #2 WannaGonnaBeFarmer, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Right now I have 10 seeds planted, 2 are already showing themselves.

I also just got 2 clones and transplanted them into a 3.4 gallon, and in the normal black pots I have. (To see the difference, although if I'm forced to transfer the plant I'm nervous of putting it into shock).

I gave the clones some The Golden Tree or miracle , something like that to hopefully help the clones surrive shock easier. Especially because they were inside clones.

I also gave very little to all the other pots.

I've been watering everyday, but I don't even put a lot, I keep the top soil moist. Water around the edges, and I never really try to let water run off.

If I ever see soil dry, I water it very gently and small. I don't think I'm going to over water it this way because in my mind, there's no way I'm using to much water. But if I do notice anything bad, I'll change up my water cycle.

EDIT:
    Also, I just got the roots organic 1.5cf. Bag of soil, and mixed it with what's left of the other mix of soil. The ph is about 6.2 to 6.7 so I hope it's good.
    And I planted the clones in that soil mix.

And am gonna plant the rest of the seeds I got in that mix too.

3. Sorry for bumping this thread, but I need reply's and I'm also updating..

I planted 6 more clones today in the last mix I posted (roots organic. fox farm ocean. black gold. humus general organics. amzomite.)

Each clone I gave it very little nutrients and watered it to ensure the top was moist and the plant wouldn't need to worry about water.
    I know the clones go into shock right away, I'm not sure if they stop drinking water / uptaking nutrients, but I just thought it would help them possibly survive shock easier. I used 1ml in 2 seperate bottles of water of The Golden Tree or something (I mentioned it before.) and watered my clones gently with that, and plain water if it needed more after.

The person I bought the clones from said to leave them in 24 hour darkness for 1 day then give them light, that is suppose to help them survive shock easier I guess. Bur I'm doing it outdoors, and my clones just gonna have to deal with no sunlight for about 12 hours. And he said that that should be fine.

The other 2 clones I originally bought, in the morning they looked kinda sad / homesick. I assume its because they're in shock and are trying to get use to their new home.
    I checked them when the sun started going down, they still look kinda sad, but I dont think it looks any worse than before. so if that is correct, I assume they're handling shock fine and are gonna look beautiful in a few days no time!

ANYWAYS..

All my day 1 planted moxie seeds have sprouted outta the ground and look amazing so far. (Honestly they're moving along faster then I expected, but then again its my 1st time growing lol)
    EXCEPT 1 of them.. but I feel like if she doesn't sprout by the end of tomorrow, shes probably dead because all the others are so far past her already. (Well only by 2 days out of the ground)

both of the moxie seeds I planted the day after I played the original 7, they both sprouted aswell, one of them looks a little sad though. The leaves just make it look like the ugly duckling out of the group. But I assume it will fix itself in 2-3 days. If not, I guess I know which one is gonna be my retarded daughter. 

The 1 moxie seed that was planted the day after those 2 seeds haven't sprouted yet, but I don't expect it too until tomorrow or the next day if its growing good like the majority of them.

I have a total of 18 planted so far. 10 seeds and 8 clones.  only waiting on 2 seeds to pop from the soil they're planted in, and the clones I hope survive shock.

4. How's the grow going?
    I'd be interested to hear how this is turning out since I just got some moxie genetics.
    If you're growing greenhouse or outdoor, I'm guessing your plants might be early in the flowering stages by now?
    It's been a while since you started the thread, but if you still have questions I'd be happy to help out a bit. I've gone through about 5 successful grows so far and currently in veg on a low maintenance outdoor grow.

5. Check out my latest post!