how to clone my plant that has no branches

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by dfritz420, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Hello Everyone,

I am relatively new to growing and am very puzzled as to how i should go about cloning my plant.  As you can see from the pics i have posted that i have no branches to take from this plant to use as clones.  I believe my first mistake was just letting it grow rather than topping and training it.  My question is can i clone her by using the main cola off the top of the plant?  I have been growing this plant for about two and a half months now (started from seed).  Any and all info would be greatly appreciated.

Picture 001.jpg     Picture 002.jpg Picture 003.jpg

Thank you in advance for all of your help,
                                                                                                                        dfritz420

2. Sure you can top it and clone the topping, but you really need to address some grow issues because you're 2 1/2 months in and that plant looks like shit.  What light(s) are you using?

3. i was thinking the same thing i thought it was really shitty looking myself.  I am not sure what type of light is.  I started off with a strictly blue spectrum light. The light i am using now may very well be a flood light like the type you use on your garage. i have a 100 Watt light on it now.  I didnt go with a bigger watt light simply because i am only growing the one plant and didnt think that i need a higher watt.  I do not want alot of plants just enough to keep myself in supply.  I have confirmed that it is a female. 

4. oh something else i should have probably added in the first post was that i do not use and type of nutrients and i found that if i spray with a spray bottle rather that watering from the soil that my secondary growth really started to come out. Do you think topping training would help in any way at all?

5. Please read up on how to grow marijuana. Not just throw a seed in some dirt and grab a light from off your house. There is MUCH more to growing medicine. Just because it's a source of light, doesn't mean it's good for growing.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The plant needs more light how far is it from the plant, and if it'll bend for you tie it down to the pot you'll see the other branches coming out as a new top(clone), the plant is nice and green so you have that going for you

7. Hence the reason i started this thread, cyr-grow.  Obviously i am not doing things right.  I didnt put alot of money into it right away simply because i was not going to waste alot of cash on a male plant.   Now that i know she is female I have no problems investing into the right equipment.  I have the plant about a 2 foot away from the light because of the heat that it puts out.  If i have it any closer the leaves start to turn yellow.  this plant bends pretty easy.  Is this plant even worth trying to save?

8. The lights that i have used so far were bought from a grow shop not taken off of my house. I told them that i wanted to go a cheaper route to start until i confirm female and that is what they suggested I use to start

9. Sounds like a cfl then if out a grow shop, is it flowering at the moment ? Are you going to reveg? Like I said it is healthy besides light starved so get it tied down bring the light down and grow that bitch out lol

10. Yes i am planning on putting it back into veg now that i know it is a female. it is in preflower stage at the moment which is why i wanted to take a clone from it but wasnt sure as how to go about it without the branches. What watt light should i go up to for just this single plant.  I will follow your advice and tie it down Boxmaster.  Then once i get some branches i will look to clone.

Thank you everyone for your insite it is greatly appriciated. 
                            dfritz420

11. If its a proper 100w you should be good, what type of area are you growing in, if you aren't going hid at some stage definitely start training her my man asap

12. i have a closed off room in my basement that i am using for my grow area.  I will get it tied and move the light a lil closer and will keep you guys posted on how i am doing.  When going back into veg should i just jump right in or gradually go back to 24/0?  I have heard both but think it is really just up to my perogitive.  What are you thoughts?

13. Straight to 24 imo, the light thing is still troubling me if it's giving off so much heat at 2 foot it burnt your plant I think I need more info on what type it is, how did you test the heat, can you take a pic of the bulb?

14. op, no offense, but you should try to get a successful grow under your belt before you worry about cloning

maybe a few grows

15. this is the light that they sold me at the grow shop i have near where i live and the shroud is something that i did have out in my garage.  I was mistaken it is a 90 watt light.  it truely looks like a light that you would go to the hardware store and buy but that is not where i bought it lol.  Maybe need whole new setup

Picture 004.jpg Picture 005.jpg Picture 006.jpg Picture 007.jpg

16. TheAnswer121 you are probably right but i figure the worst i will have to do is start over again.  I will be honest i dont have much (if any) green thumb in me.  This is actually the first plant of any type what so ever that i have been able to keep growing.  I cant learn if i dont try lol and i never get offended no worries especially when i am getting great advice from people that know what they are doing

17. TheAnswer is right dude and that light looks very bad it is not a cfl

18. I will have to go into town then and go to a better grow shop and get a diff light then.

19. I truely appreciate the advice guys.  Maybe i can develop a green thumb yet lol

20. You can get a legitimate indoor setup for under $300.

I've done it the cheap way and it was a waste of time for the most part IMO. 

If you were in my dojo I would tell you to take a couple months to get a budget together and read as much information on growing as you can, specifically how to set up ideal indoor growing conditions. There's tons of info here and links to good info.  Then you'll spend your money in a more informed manner.

Let me know if you have any questions