Hydro42Os DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Hydro42O, Mar 24, 2015.

1. Interesting. I've never experienced that.
    More correctly, I've never paid attention enough to notice. Never more...

2. From what I've read its probably a combination of low temperature and ppms being too low. Causing a deficiency in the root ball so instead of flushing through the root zone it flushed through the bud sites. Idk if this applies to you but maybe? What do you think?

3. Same here first time, in all the years of growing. Even the harvested mother didn't sap. wondering if pollinating some of the branch tips by multiple fem pollen strains made her sap?
    she pry has a week or two I think towards the end of the harvest window

4. That's a great possibility. It did have some stressful times. Power outage, she ran on battery power life support for air and small battery backup for 1 125cfl 5u for 6 hours
    Until power came back.

5. Sounds like it could be from the stress and bean makin'. 

6. Indeed.

7. #27 Hydro42O, Mar 31, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2015
    Looks like she's near ready. Seeds are more visible. The one oozing is pollenated with lemon skunk.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427775553.056949.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427775572.841757.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427775610.146798.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427775660.883034.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427775729.851560.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427775743.320104.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427775786.689576.jpg

8. I found something regarding your sap im going to paste it below, pretty interesting stuff. Me personally I've never noticed sap on any of my plants. Ok here is what I found...

What your describing is called Guttation, and what your seeing is a sap exudate.... At night, transpiration usually does not occur because most plants have their stomata closed. When there is a high soil moisture level, water will enter plant roots, because the water potential of the roots is lower than in the soil solution. The water will accumulate in the plant, creating a slight root pressure. The root pressure forces some water to exude (most oftenly) through special leaf tips or edge structures, hydathodes, forming drops. Root pressure provides the impetus for this flow, rather than transpirational ascent. This sap exudate can be clear, tan, brown or even blood red(The red colour is due to haematin compounds and anthocyanin pigments that naturally build up in some varieties; The red colour may also indicate a nutrient deficiency, notably of nitrogen, phosphorus, potassium, or magnesium) This sap usually contains a variety of organic and inorganic compounds, mainly sugars, and mineral nutrients, and potassium. Upon drying, a white crust remains on the tissue surface. Guttated sap exudates most commonly exude from cannabis, along both sides of the leaf axil, where the petioles attach to the stem. Though Guttations typically exude(in most plants) through modified leaf stomata known as hydathodes, in cannabis guttations most commonly exude at the leaf axil, or another part of the stem via a stoma

G

9. Very interesting. Thank you Jras. I hope it does not effect seeds or flavor & potency of non pollenated
    branches. The sap is amber after it sits and exposed to air, but on the bud/leaf/stem area as it's forming, color is clear.
    Do you usually let your PE with seeds go further?
    I have lots of cloudy and amber trichomes.

10. Hey hydro I figure if won't effect your plant noticeably at all, as far as plant maturing I peak and make sure first couple seeds I see are good and as long as your trichs say chop I chop. The only time I go further is when I'm not sure about the seed development.

G

11. Ok. I'll go pull one out and check.

12. I just checked one it was soft and not developed all the way.

13. Here it is
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427834761.364622.jpg
    Took it from the top buds.
    There's a good chance some may be embedded in the buds as well. I'll keep it going for another week I suppose.

14. #34 jras2218, Mar 31, 2015
    That's the seed? The one on right that's green as fuck, does that still have a covering on it or is that it and what's the calyx on the left

G

15. #35 Hydro42O, Mar 31, 2015
    The one on the right is what I pulled and pealed it (middle section) one on the far left is filled with resin. I'm starting to doubt now if I pollenated too late.. Or they haven't developed yet.
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427837260.626508.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427837310.230802.jpg
    Some nanners are appearing
    ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427837464.657323.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1427837550.398414.jpg

16. Damn, yea if manners are appearing you might wanna think about giving her the axe as long as trichs say your ok. I don't know if you knew this but inside each calyx is a ovule, and depending on strain I've seen ovules that get pretty big in size and others are really tiny. If the pistil is still sticking out of the calyx more than likely it hasn't been pollinated successfully and inside is just the ovule.

G

17. #37 Hydro42O, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    No I didn't know, thanks. The buds are covered with red hairs now and some golden. I thought the round pods on the buds with short or no hairs are where the seeds were or were developing. Since that's where I brushed the pollen. Learning curve like everything else.

18. I don't want to get your hopes up falsely or anything but on a bubblegum strain I pollinated a little while ago I didnt think any took at all I couldn't see shit. Well the branches I pollinated have been sitting in the box for about 3 weeks haha and last night I popped a nug open to smoke to try it out and what do you know 2 small but fully mature seeds sitting there. So now I have to go through what I have very closely since they are fairly small but o don't care about destroying the nugs since it was a corner plant that I hardly have anything to(little air little nutrients little light) haha

G

19. Haha what a nice surprise. That's great man. I'm sure I'll try again and paint a little sooner then I did this time around. Funny how things worked out with the bubble gum.

20. Yea it was a very pleasant surprise last night.

G