Skunk Cabbage and Wet Mud

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by durval, Feb 5, 2007.

1. So i went to my grow site a while back for the first time, to discover that its a patch of skunk cabbage. Its right next to a creek so the mud is wet but not soaked. I was planning on digging up a few of these cabbage and planting my plants. Would this work or would the soil be to wet and do you think the soil would be fertile or would i need to put my own fertilizers in. This is an example of what it looks like. I could not get any pictures of it cause i still got 2' of snow of the ground, but these are very close to what it is. Would there be any problems growing in conditions like this.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Does the soil stay that moist all the time?

I'd be afraid of root rot if so..

3. That soil looks way too wet. Anywhere that marsh or swamp vegetation grows is not a good place for mj.

4. if i were u i would look to plant them slightly uphill from the lowarea. somwhere with a little elevation (enough to provide stabel soil, like 5-7 feet above the waterline of the marshy area). This way the plant will be able to tap into the moisture with its roots as it ages, and it will still have solid soil to grow in.

5. Lol, when you said "skunk cabbage" I thought it was some fucked-up strain :D

Yeah that looks way too wet man.