DIY LED with REALSTYLES step by step

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself' started by REALSTYLES, Mar 17, 2015.

1. #21 Boyd Crowder, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
    Nice Friggin Lite Real Styles!

now then..

Thanks for this tutorial on diy 3590's
    I been researching this cob for a month now.

7 cobs / 400w~ that means the usable wattage of the 3590's is ~58-60 Watts

Obviously this is a top quality , handmade, millenium falcon of a light.
    And to reduce the costs of it , I only see one real avenue.
    A DIY Led Driver. You wont get the cobs any cheaper anytime soon - Go Kingbrite! Heatsinks and fans , good luck....
    But, with a bit of research ,a driver could be built to bring the costs down to maybe 30-40$ instead of 60+
    now thats trading time for labor and sourcing, and if a single driver to run all them cobs could be built , those guys at meanwell wouldve made it. or not , IDK im no expert driver builder

but thats the one way I think you could do a 3590 rig cheaper.

Damn - this just shoots my tinkering project in the foot. Seeing this, Ill prolly get 3 mars 900's for that amount of scratch. Shit . an I wanted to build this thing thinking those crees would do 100w each

Nice Friggin Lite Real Styles!

2. The reason I say mean well driver is because they are 94% efficient and under running them makes lower heat.

3. Got my notebook ready bro

• Like Like x 1
  4. I think I'm going to make one half the size just to see if I can do it first bit real I'm going to need a video if u can ill look out

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yo J that's what my thing I'm gonna do is make a video as soon as I get the rest of my drivers and I have to get another heat sink for my rare Cree CXA 3590 6500k's I have 4 of those that's when I'll make the Video

• Like Like x 1
  6. Nice work bro!! Wish I had it in me to pull this off.😜

7. Cool real I'm a very quick study so when u get these together remember ur lil bro man lol but once I see that video I'm sure I can replicate it fairly easy

8. Holy dammit Christmas, that's a lot of money!

9. I feel its not really IF it out performs the mars by a lot then I would cause this thing will work for like 7yrs no problem plus gain knowledge on ur custom build that u can always fix and change urself no problem worth every penny if it perform s

• Like Like x 2
  10. Yo Styles , whats good man , you got some updates for us ?

11. Hey real is there a way u can get par reading at 12" 24" I'm looking at a SolarSpec 260 with 1049umols at 24" I think ure has to be close or better and if better I'll rather build my own

12. Amare Solar Spec 260 is better..it has the lens to change angles ..=more spread,more ways to make it work for certain spaces and strains..i bought a mars to see if it would grow weed ,thats about it .Getting the SS 350 UVB AT THE END OF THIS MONTH WOOOT

13. Yeah I was thinking too but if u look at numbers it gets 1098umols at 24" so not big enough difference for me to pay 2-300$ more so I'll just buy 2 SolarSpec 260 and put my 400w mars in veg sell other n drop veg led in flower for side lite done

14. #34 ice_cream_man, Apr 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2015
    Looks Good Real!  

Few questions.

1)  What are the color temperatures of the 8 cobs and how are they arranged in the array (I see you have 4x 6500K cobs)? 

2) Where did you get the 6500K cobs?

3)  What power sources did you use for the LED and fan?

4) Are you going to use secondary optics?

Thx man.

15. Sorry for the late reply
    1)3500k  and 5000k for veg

2) I got them from Kingbrite but they are very rare I got lucky

3) I used Rhine Molex adapter from Frys.com

4) no main lighting

I've made a video today of me smashing the Mars 2 900w. If you make the panels like I did my lights at full power 413w is 138000 Lumens and 1000w HPS is 145000 what????

16. so , what you are saying is you are driving these 8 cobs at full blast bro ? I thought the 3590s were 9-18k lumens and that would put those at 17.5k lumens  to make 138k. you must have some serious sinks and fans going top speed! could you eleaborate ?
    Also where that video link of your mars homicide ?

17. I'm using Meanwell HLG-185H-C700b drivers 4 cob's to each driver and the heat sink is 10"x24" and as for the fan it's a thermaltake Pure 20 fan size is 200mm and here's the video sorry Sara but I don't like to be lied to or hustled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6-7z3TZ-QE

18. damn ! - isa bought that shit from you bro! but yeah , you fely like thats what it deserved then it made you feel better to smash it , who am i to judge? Ima sell my shits and get a 1k hps light after this cycle

19. I forgot to say 2 drivers per panel so 8 cobs total. What I have will kill a Gavita light lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. #40 Boyd Crowder, May 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2015
    i posted this vid on icm bro , you may have rekindled my interest in diy 3590 build
    so 160 ish for two drivers and 2 banks of 3590s hmmmm