Scoobies Secret Doobie Farm

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by Sc00byD00bie, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Congratulations on the new baby.

2. thanks lol! i hope its a girl! [​IMG]

3. Me too bro! Have a great day ScOObie.

4. girls are getting bigger every day!
    20160212_173711_resized.jpg

gave the hashberries a little defoliation. these girls grow really compact and i felt like there is no air moving between the nodes so i took out some fans to give them some breathing space.
    20160212_173722_resized.jpg
    20160212_173734_resized.jpg
    20160212_173741_resized.jpg

the kosher kushs are a little taller and more spaced out, so they just got a little cleaning down the bottom area:
    20160212_173754_resized.jpg
    20160212_173802_resized.jpg

they are also very branchy, which i assume would be great once i get the screen up, probably need to do that start of next week.
    20160212_173821_resized.jpg

have a good weekend people!
    [​IMG]

5. That's going to be one full pot. I bet your going to see record veg times with growth since there's no transplant shock/ Rhizosphere destruction with how you're doing it!

You gonna let them girls fight for light and form on big bush before flip or what's the plan for flower? Don't answer that if you're trying to keep it a surprise ahahaha

Doing big things Scoob! Really bringing the outdoors, indoors.

6. #546 Sc00byD00bie, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2016

Hey SW thanks for the kind words brother [​IMG]
    yeah they sure are vegging fast, the main stem on them is already half an inch thick. i actually never seen it go that fast, then again i never let my clones veg that much either.
    anyway my plan is to SCROG them, just have to get me a nice screen and install it, somehow, haven't really put much thought into how yet, lol!

7. Of course man! Just speaking the truth, one of the coolest setups around GC rn that I've seen. Hell, you might have converted me to being convinced. to do a similar setup. I'd love to fill my whole cab with some soil and just jump right into a mega no-till.

I'm sure when the day comes, it won't take much brainstorming. I'm sure you were on the same page with the giant fabric pot and related setup not that long ago ahahaha

I'll be lurking my dude! Excited too see the next innovative move in here! Ahahaha

8. How many plants do you have in that 1 hundred Scooby?

I'm running 4 in my fifty.

9. [​IMG]

if you do end up with a big ass smartpot, i would consider filling it up to maybe 60%. its like 2feet deep and now im starting to think that might be a little overkill. not that i think there is anything bad about it just maybe unnecessary. [​IMG]
    Heya Chunk!
    last run i had 16 plants in a 4x4 formation. this time im doing 4 plants only. 2 kosher kush on the right and 2 hashberry on the left. 4 in a fifty huh? are you vegging them much?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Scrog is UP!
    20160214_104240_resized.jpg
    20160214_104256_resized.jpg
    20160214_104331_resized.jpg

you guys think i left enough space to get under the net to do w/e it is i will need to do?

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have no advice on the space issue. My training attempts are haphazard at best. lol Looks good to me for what that's worth.

12. Looks like you setup you're scrog higher than I did with mine my first grow. As long as your arm can reach the back for top dress/to water(I believe you have a drip system, correct?) I don't see many issues, scrogs are nice but they do make maneuvering/observing the girls a little more difficult, from what I experienced atleast, and I had a hemp string Scrog.

Another thing I have learned with my Scrog grow is its easier if you do plants with similar genetics/growth patterns as it makes it easier if they all reach/fill the net at the same time. Otherwise propping up a plant or two that are shorter, or topping(as long as reg seeds/in veg) the taller ones to slow them down will help to achieve an evenly full Scrog. Is this your first Scrog Scoob?

Nonetheless a beautiful thing when everything's full though.

Sorry if I typed a lot, just sharing my experience with Scrog. May not be the most credible as I still am a noob! :p

13. guess im gonna find out soon enough haha! good thing i have my chapin!

oh NOW he tells me its better with one strain [​IMG]
    topping huh? because the koshers are already double the height of the hashberries, lol!

14. LMAO! Nah it'll still be fine, what I've read a lot around the city is a lot of people flip way to early with Scrog, making sure it's atleast 60-80% seems to be where people have gotten the best results. Otherwise your scrogs more just for holding up your buds rather than training an even canopy.

Just try and give them koshers a chance to catch up! Ahahah

15. The space issue is personal preference, just depends on what you need to get done below the canopy. My main issue was watering but since you have bluemats I don't think it matters for you. I always left about a ft of gap but your setup looks self sustaining enough to where you'll excel in anything you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

16. Great thread, lots of info!! Been looking at this Blumat system for some time now, but haven't seen anyone use it... Looks like it's working pretty good for you! Congrats on the family addition!

Subbed
    ~GHG~

17. jewish cannabis doesnt mess around, it the hashberries that need to step it up ;) haha
    so 60-80%? thats good to know!

yeah i hope you are right, and i got my chapin to do tea drenches. that thing really is a godsend.
    Hey GHG, thanks for stopping by! [​IMG]

if you are looking for an automated watering system i cant recommend blumats enough. just make sure to set them up like i did with a double reservoir and you will be golden!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Fill that scrog out all the way IMO. How many feet do they stretch?

I like to set the net 8-10" above the soil line. Too high and your wasting time vegging. Anything below the net isn't going to produce so I feel like it's best to set it up right away to spend the electric on filling out the scrog instead of paying just to reach up to it. Ideally you need just enough to get your watering done.

Looking great scoob! Hope you don't mind me watching again.

• Like Like x 1

19. Hey LLB
    i only grew these with 7-10 days veg so idk i can say for sure. the koshers did stretch some but they were overcrowded from the panamas. same deal with the hashberries but they almost didnt stretch at all.

i could put the screen lower i guess but id have to cut a portion in the front to allow access, think that would be better ?

you know you are always welcome here LLB
    [​IMG]

20. Now I can see your pics. I need a near perfect reception if I'm not on wifi.

Let me go backchat is a good height but you need 360 degree access to train it. That is gonna be tough. Your back is gonna hurt really bad after a bit. Can you take the sides off? If not can you reinforce the frame of the scrog to hold your weight enough to lean on? You'll want to be able to hold onto something to lean that far to get the corners. I don't think ice actually seen what you're growing in.