New to Dabbing

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by daquanwizard, Mar 10, 2015.

1. So i've been smoking herb for the past 3 year and Im trying to try getting into concentrates and Im not sure where to start out. I just got a water pipe with an oil attachment so I can swap it out if I don't like it or want it. So ive heard I need to make an investment in a titanium nail because a glass one will break which makes sense.

the only thing is that i'm not sure which one and does it matter what kind of dabber I use? 

also I see that there are some that you like drag on the titanium and also ones that you dunk a ball of oil in the pipe so is there an actual difference or is it preference?

2. #2 foxforcefive, Mar 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
    I don't know anything about the process of smoking a dab. Every time I've dabbed (which is only twice, actually) I've had my friends do it all for me - all I did was inhale.

What I will say is this: please, please, please, PLEASE be careful! Even people who have smoked everyday for decades and have the highest tolerance have found dabs very overwhelming and powerful. I don't care what tolerance you think you have: start slow.

The first time I dabbed I did one dab and I was very, very stoned. Not in a bad way, but it was like I ate an edible, waited until it kicked in, then smoked about three bowls.

The second time I dabbed I felt adventurous and did two, back to back. I felt like my brain got hit by a train while it exploded while getting shot while shutting down. I almost fainted at first. I composed myself, but I was way more stoned than I've ever been in my life. Ever. The high lasted about as long as an edible, but it didn't go from being stoned to being plain high after a few hours. I was stoooooned the entire 6-8 hours.

I know I didn't answer your question. But I read that you're new to dabbing and, from one stoner to another, I felt obligated to write this. Have fun and be safe!

3. If i were you I would watch a few YouTube videos about dabbing so you can determine and see how much you oil should should dab when beginning. In my opinion .05 to .1 grams is a solid dab. Start slow, but to the contrary of what the previous person said, dabbing is not much different then smoking. I both dab and smoke and get equally as stoned with each. But just remember looks can be deceiving with oil so start pretty small and work your way up from there.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Get something small with minimal diffusion. Male joint preferably 14mm(I think most would agree 14 is good).

Now, the nail. You can get a TI(titanium) nail, Quartz nail or ceramic.

Ceramic doesn't need to be seasoned but taste like ass if you take it at a hot temp.

TI and Quartz need to be seasoned before use, Ti is impossible to break with regular use.

Between TI and Quartz the taste doesn't vary much. Up to you

And don't worry, you will absolutely love the world of concentrates. Don't over do it, just a small dab for starters ;)

5. I used to have a glass nail, used it for years. It never broke, just ended up getting gunked up so bad with dust eventually it was useless. 
    Also used a Newport torch, which I still use on occasion. 

6. What are all the pieces I need to get started?

-Redwoodmedicineman

7. You can find everything you need at www.imalazyassholewhocantdoasimplegooglesearch.net/getthefuckouyyaherewithyerbullshit.html

8. Thanks!

-Redwoodmedicineman

9. Lol if you think that was a real link.

Seriously just read above

10. Hahaha