RC Cars, Trucks, Buggies, Boats, Tanks, Planes, and everything else RC

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by ImTheJoker4u2, Mar 8, 2015.

1. #1 ImTheJoker4u2, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    So is anyone else into RC?
    Ive got some pretty vintage stuff, looking to get some newer shit soon. I havent decided on a rock crawler, or a 4wd rally car.
    RC's I've had:

The Lunch Box
    [​IMG]

The Blackfoot:
    [​IMG]

Ive had probably 3 or 4 others too. Nitro and electric, mostly electric. This time Im going for the new stuff. FM radio, ESC, Brushless motors, ball bearings, ect..
    Been checking out this channel. Dude does some crazy shit!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2yxfYqMXCs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7L2HJBYvY

2. uploadfromtaptalk1425834539837.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1425834563258.jpg

I mostly scale these days. Also have a very modded losi nightcrawler. I have a mini revo vxl for quick fun, ECX torment 4x4 w castle sv3, hpi firestorm bl and traxxas tmaxx 3.3 which I rarely play with anymore. I sold all my sct's, had a 2wd slash w castle, and a losi ten, I don't race anymore, so hard to justify. I'm looking into an MST,3racing or yokomo drift chassis for my next build. I'm thinking 200mm supra drift monster. Oh ya, I also have losi micro rally bl, and a trail trekker.

3. #4 ImTheJoker4u2, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2015
    Heres a few of mine..
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Nice to see others on here that are into rc too. When I get around to figuring out how to post pics I will. Currently only own a 4x4 stampede vxl, an old old traxxas hawk that still runs, also have an ancient traxxas nitro vee boat that still works (kinda).

5. Hey Joker, what body should I do when it's warmer for my scx? As of right now, I can't pick, the wheelbase is close enough on both.[​IMG][​IMG]

Obviously with my scx, the wheels and tires will be inboard quite a bit. 

6. I'm totally a ford guy, but that old Chevy body looks boss.
    I had a buddy that got a Subaru Brat body for one of his cars. I like the older and different shit. Like putting a 57 Chevy or Cadillac body on a monster truck.

7. Well its for my scaler, so quite different than a monster truck. I've seen the tamiya subaru brat and pajero used as scalers. Not my cup of tea and the wheelbase is way to small. I always liked ford trucks better, but that Chev is special.

8. uploadfromtaptalk1431902778931.jpg

I changed my plans for body. I'm on the far right, black and camel yellow, with gold scallops. Tube half. Got to test out my new soft start winch, it's friggin strong. We were out on the trail for a few hours, it was a perfect day.

9. i used to race back in the day, had a trick losi XT (like this post if u know whats up)

now i just have a broken 1/32 losi truck. 

would like to get a really nice electric basher again someday, and a racing drone eventually (that i want to build from scratch)

10. I fly gaint scale 3d aerobatic planes
    My favorite plane atm is my 36% aeroworks extra 260, I run a DLE 111cc motor with a 28 inch xoar prop, High tek servos, reciever and radio, pretty well equipted and a pretty entertaining pilot to watch, I'v been flying for about four years now and I love every bit of it haha :)

11. Like GIANT scale??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qezxK7xE-vw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTjDH8uiHPw

12. uploadfromtaptalk1433769789420.jpg
    Bent the frame, broke a titanium link, both sliders broke.

13. Ouch!!!

Yes I am :p
    Thats still pretty big.. Props :)

14. Lmao
    Thanks man, such an experience to fly rc of that scale!!

15. Crash update: bought an 8g aluminum frame for my scx10. Bought a set of trailing arms, like a Baja truck uses on its rear lowers. Going to a ridiculous 4 pole sensored brushless setup. Axles are getting brass sleeves. Going to have 4 shocks on the rear. Front is staying 4 link axle mounted servo. Also, may end up with a front mounted motor. Not sure yet

16. #19 ImTheJoker4u2, Jun 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2015
    I need to get some newer stuff. My buggy is so old I cant get parts anymore (Its down due to a burnt clutch), and so is the truck (Which Ive managed to bust the shock towers off of). All my stuff is pretty old school. The digital ESC is the newest things on them lol. They're just AM band radios with brushed racing motors...
    Think Im just going to get a RTR Savage and build from there [​IMG]

Out of work right now so it gonna have to wait for the moment :(

17. I get annoyed with hpi sometimes. Unless you go 2 stroke, go electric. I would go arrma, ECX or good old 4x4 brushless stampede before an hpi. Just my opinion, but I used to love monster trucks and sct's, but I got bored of going fast, the faster you could, the easier shit breaks. The hpi savage flux is insane-o. Backflips from a dead stop. But you pay for it, a lot